ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Fair points. But you are making predictions based on static environments. Who says he is gonna keep doing this for the next 10 years? Nothing is static in this world. Everything changes no matter what.

So my prediction is that he will branch this game so much that at some point it's gonna be hard for him to keep up. So he will be forced to hire more people to work on it. So what you see as a tragedy may be an opportunity.

And speaking about the render decrease. If you aim for the quality which is definitely what he's doing. You can't have the quantity. I mean if you compare his current work to the first renders. It's like day and night.

Quality takes time that's why it's labeled as quality. Now is it the best strategy to grow and keep your audience happy? Not really.

The best youtubers on the planet are spending millions to be able to produce content on a daily basis. Because it's the way to go to become popular. Content and consistency. it's what 80% of people are looking for. But the produced content lacks of quality no matter how good the guys working on it are ( hello mrbeast )
But there are small channels that are way better in terms of content and benefits. You can learn so much from these small channels and also enjoy the process along the way. And that's what i like.

At the end of the day. I strongly believe that if he does what you guys are suggesting, meaning speeding up the delivery, he will loose that little "extra" that made this game great. And it will be a Being Dik tasteless clone. That's my opinion, i'm not saying i am right or wrong. I think that he needs to find the right balance between quantity and quality.
Predictions are difficult but yours is not in any way based on past practice or behaviour. Everything changes, as you say but the changes to AWAM have all had the same result. Every measure introduced to, ostensibly, speed up the pace of the updates has had the opposite effect & sometimes emphatically so. Aiming for quality is good & in order to maintain it, as opposed to quantity, L&P is slow. I believe most fans would accept that quality can't be rushed but a projected finish for the game/VN in the 2050s is absolutely not something to aim for, unless this is the Dev's retirement plan. If that is genuinely the case, I'll refrain, on this occasion, from calling it ludicrous. As it has been proven for a number of years that there'll be a payday despite everything, it could be a sound plan. There has to be a first time for everything & AFAIK, this hasn't been tried before.

I contend that there are good quality renders in AWAM & some decent writing sometimes but unfortunately there is also the quantity issue to consider. There's a large quantity of characters, for a start. Many of them could be thought of as unnecessary. There's the unwieldy & increasingly difficult to manage & follow, branches of the story. Then there's the 'duplication' of story-lines & characters to add to the mix. We all know about the animations. There was no big demand for them from fans but the Dev wanted them & it's his game, so more delay. What quantity will these appendages amount to over time?

What we think we know about L&P, based on years of following AWAM, strongly suggests that he's not a team player. He's also someone who won't be "forced" to do anything, let alone hire a team, so I'm afraid I can't see this prediction being fulfilled.

Predictions are usually made by extrapolating current trends & can also include a few "what-ifs", which shouldn't take the form of a wish-list, or "out of the blue" possibilities. [Anything is possible but there are those things which are highly improbable]. Regrettably, my experience of this type of pattern within the gaming world commonly leads to abandonment. I won't make this a prediction because I would rather it didn't happen.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
And speaking about the render decrease. If you aim for the quality which is definitely what he's doing. You can't have the quantity. I mean if you compare his current work to the first renders. It's like day and night.
Look at the renders from last year and then come back explaining why he's constantly getting slower. The quality didn't increase, but the amount of content did decrease considerably.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes