xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
Secondly, there's the circumstances regarding what it takes for a person in a long-term relationship to have a one-night-stand, or conduct a long-term, extra-curricular love affair. We've had information that something wild for PD19 is planned, so what I'm about to say could be wrong. (I hope it is). Most individuals, unless they're specifically attempting to have "a dirty weekend," set out one day, thinking that they'll meet someone with whom they'll have a sexual relationship outside of their current living arrangements. They don't interact with someone, over a period of time, in a manner so sexually charged that they build up 'filthy points'. Even if something happens with a person they've known a long time, when it happens it will not be planned. People having an affair are usually acting outside of their normal patterns of behaviour. They are taking decisions about stuff they would not usually consider.

Sophia needs to act out of character, as would be the case in RL. Sex with someone other than Liam, by this token, could have already happened. Some affairs may well have a slow build up but I contend that they more usually resemble an onrushing express train. There's not so much time for the inner thought process, or lip-biting & there's no room at all for cock-blockers of any description. Emotions & thoughts involve guilt, lots of it, confusion, worry & guilt & wondering what happens next. Some of this could speed up AWAM overnight. Whether or not some fans would find it all a bit of an anti-climax, is surely not the issue. That's going to happen whatever occurs. Time to get a move on....?
I agree and that's how I always interpreted that dated quote (June 2018) by L&P about PD16 and the "something wild" that " ...no one will definitely expect at the moment"
Well, closest to that is of course still with the husband. I mean they are married and the others need an approach first. After all, Sophia is everything but a slut! Something definitely really "wild" what is not with the husband is planned the first time for playable day 16 and it will be something no one will definitely expect at the moment! I think it's one of the highlights in the story. Before, there will be a lot of other hot scenes and much more lucid approaches which are not "casual events"! As far as I can tell now, there won't even be such "casual events" anymore.
With all the caveats and grano salis about the age of the quote, the possible language barrier on how words are interpreted and so on, for me it always sounded like Sophia acting out of character, something in the spur of the moment, whether it is with someone of the "main cast" or some other minor or new character (please, god, no! ;) ).
Just **as an example** if the night club scene with Tyler ended in a different way like e.g. Leonox that would fit that description IMO. In that particular case the spur-of-the-moment thing would be made easier by the alcohol, I hope whatever it will be alcohol does not play a big role, but that's me.

That is to say that I agree with you that at least for the very first extramarital encounter something "unplanned" would be more realistic. On the other had, being the story so interconnected and intertwined, the other question is how (and if) this would reflect on other paths. Once the dam is broken, that should also affect the other relationships (provided they are on the same branch) if we seek realism, because the guilt and the conflict usually come later and one could expect that have some impact on the actions with other characters. Unless, once again, there will be that "reset" mechanism that often happens in between events.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I agree and that's how I always interpreted that dated quote (June 2018) by L&P about PD16 and the "something wild" that " ...no one will definitely expect at the moment"

With all the caveats and grano salis about the age of the quote, the possible language barrier on how words are interpreted and so on, for me it always sounded like Sophia acting out of character, something in the spur of the moment, whether it is with someone of the "main cast" or some other minor or new character (please, god, no! ;) ).
Just **as an example** if the night club scene with Tyler ended in a different way like e.g. Leonox that would fit that description IMO. In that particular case the spur-of-the-moment thing would be made easier by the alcohol, I hope whatever it will be alcohol does not play a big role, but that's me.

That is to say that I agree with you that at least for the very first extramarital encounter something "unplanned" would be more realistic. On the other had, being the story so interconnected and intertwined, the other question is how (and if) this would reflect on other paths. Once the dam is broken, that should also affect the other relationships (provided they are on the same branch) if we seek realism, because the guilt and the conflict usually come later and one could expect that have some impact on the actions with other characters. Unless, once again, there will be that "reset" mechanism that often happens in between events.
But tell me how will you account for the two situations. One where she did go all the way in the spur of the moment and one where she didn't. As you said this should be like a dam breaking and affecting others routes. But can any writer truly account for this.
In one scenario she refused and hence the barriers stay. That means the scenes with other characters can't go far. In the other case, so should let be less reserved and accepting. This cannot be covered by mere dialogue changes. He will have to make an additional scene do differentiate something so big.
Plus the complications such as some players don't play certain routes. So which routes to add this effect to and which not to. Almost all storylines will need additional scenes or dialogues because of such a huge rift and you say it will only he realistic if she loosens up.
You will have to remember that on the route that she refuses L&P will still have to move the other routes logically. So we might end with situation such as

Case 1 ( she had sex that night ) - Sam gets blowjob in this scenario and Sophia allows Ellie to stimulate her.
Case 2 ( she didn't give in ) - Sam only gets a handjob and Ellie is not allowed to stimulate her.

Next scene for these routes. Will cause the problem.
Now L&P has to account for the scene where Sam only got a handjob and logically move to Sam getting a blowjob. But that is something already seen in the other route. He will be accused of making the same kind of content again and again.

We have to remember that this is not actual life. Certain limitations cannot be overcome. We all are playing based on our choices. If this were a kinetic novel it was possible to do whatever he wishes with the story. Right now he has to take all permutations and combinations into consideration and move the story in a way, so that he doesn't have to create a similar scene again or make two renders for the same thing. Infact in order to avoid that he moved Emma to the next class. So he doesn't have to make Emma and Cool Emma.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
this game has a youtube channel who covert newso_O
All their info comes from the threads. I'd say we regulars have more info than them.

Edit - what the heck is written there. What is v0.151. Who made that. This is wrong info. Atleast when I did the saves they got exported without issues from v0.150 directly to v0.161. There is no need to re-download part 1 again and again

Last edited:

Whitekink

Apr 17, 2022
But tell me how will you account for the two situations. One where she did go all the way in the spur of the moment and one where she didn't. As you said this should be like a dam breaking and affecting others routes. But can any writer truly account for this.
In one scenario she refused and hence the barriers stay. That means the scenes with other characters can't go far. In the other case, so should let be less reserved and accepting. This cannot be covered by mere dialogue changes. He will have to make an additional scene do differentiate something so big.
Plus the complications such as some players don't play certain routes. So which routes to add this effect to and which not to. Almost all storylines will need additional scenes or dialogues because of such a huge rift and you say it will only he realistic if she loosens up.
You will have to remember that on the route that she refuses L&P will still have to move the other routes logically. So we might end with situation such as

Case 1 ( she had sex that night ) - Sam gets blowjob in this scenario and Sophia allows Ellie to stimulate her.
Case 2 ( she didn't give in ) - Sam only gets a handjob and Ellie is not allowed to stimulate her.

Now L&P has to account for the scene where Sam only got a handjob and logically move to Sam getting a blowjob. But that is something already seen in the other route. He will be accused of making the same kind of content again and again.

We have to remember that this is not actual life. Certain limitations cannot be overcome. We all are playing based on our choices. If this were a kinetic novel it was possible to do whatever he wishes with the story. Right now he has to take all permutations and combinations into consideration and move the story in a way, so that he doesn't have to create a similar scene again or make two renders for the same thing. Infact in order to avoid that he moved Emma to the next class. So he doesn't have to make Emma and Cool Emma.
As I've said before, in my mind the only way I see Sophia having heterosexual sex is if she and Liam agree to their friends offer of wife swapping or Liam has an affair and Sophia finds out about it.
Even a handjob for Sam would be pushing her boundaries (without alchohol), especially as that could have been easily accomplished with less problems, with Dylan in the beach hut.
Personally, I think the next step for Sophia is with a woman.
Before, I thought in the shower with Ellie (and maybe Jules), but now maybe at the ranch?!

As an aside, I'm not going to knock L&P. He's given a lot of people something they want and like and he's not Disney/Pixar.
If it takes time, so be it.
The only comment I have is I'd rather wait 6 or more months and get several days (a weeks?!) gameplay rather than one scene (or a couple of renders depending on the route) a month.

Sep 19, 2020
You're going on the wrong track. On Day 18 Sophia and Patricia talk about the farm again. From the looks of it. It is only going to be Patricia and Sophia going. L&P has only mentioned that almost the whole day is the farm event. Also if Ellie is there she will be a hindrance to Sophia Patricia progression as Sophia will be more reserved with her daughter around. Another indicator that Ellie won't be there is that the next Day, PD 16, is Full of Ellie events. L&P won't stuff Ellie on PD 15 then.

There is supposed to be another small event on that day. If it is going to be independent of Sophia then the only storylines that I see happening are Dylan Ellie at home or a very remote chance of it being Dylan Amber.
So in order to have an argument here I take a look at Sophia/ Patricia talk on day 18 where they were driving back home after yoga class, it realy seems like will be a only sister/ sister day, looks like Patricia is realy into Sophia and is planning her next move on Sophia, but Sophia still can invite Ellie or whoever she want Patricia don't make it clear to her sister to not invite people to go with her, anyway it will be a heck of a fun. (y)

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
As an aside, I'm not going to knock L&P. He's given a lot of people something they want and like and he's not Disney/Pixar.
The only comment I have is I'd rather wait 6 or more months and get several days (a weeks?!) gameplay rather than one scene (or a couple of renders depending on the route) a month.
Pardon me, but you are either really young or daft (combination not excluded)! He never became quicker, no matter his sermons, he only got slower.
It is one thing to take your time and another intentionally stringing out development. We know how many playdays the game will have and we know how long it takes L&P (Lazy & Poncy) to make a measly 150-200 render scene. It is simple math to learn that a hypothetical finish date for AWAM is somewhere in the middle of the century!
That is simply an unsustainable "speed" of development, no matter what some deluded hardcore fans of his think! We know also that L&P was able to deliver not quickly, but faster and meatier updates in the first years and that he massively upgraded his computer hardware. That leaves just 1 end result: L&P deliberately drags his feet, there is no other sensible explanation.

While discussing the coming events, like Dylan´s visit to Amber or Sophia and Liam possible swing with their friends, is quite nice, but they might be the last events being made. I would not bet on e.g. playday 16 ever being created, since at current development, these are events many years away.. And I doubt AWAM will still be developed in 2030. Might be, but the chance of this is very small and it is a bad joke that we have todiscuss these time frames, because other 1 or two person developers are able to make high-quality games far quicker than L&P ever will.

Last edited:

Whitekink

Apr 17, 2022
Pardon me, but you are either really young or daft (combination not excluded)! He never became quicker, no matter his sermons, he only got slower.
It is one thing to take your time and another intentionally stringing out development. We know how many playdays the game will have and we know how long it takes L&P (Lazy & Poncy) to make a measly 150-200 render scene. It is simple math to learn that a hypothetical finish date for AWAM is somewhere in the middle of the century!
That is simply an unsustainable "speed" of development, no matter what some deluded hardcore fans of his think! We know also that L&P was able to deliver not quickly, but faster and meatier updates in the first years and that he masively upgraded his computer hardware. That leaves just end result: L&P deliberately drags his feet, there is no other sensible explanation.

While discussing the coming events, like Dylan´s visit to Amber or Sophia and Liam possible swing with their friends, is quite nice, but they might be the last events being made. I would not bet on e.g. playday 16 ever being created, since at current development, these are events many years away.. And I doubt AWAM will still be developed in 2030. Might be, but the chance of this is very small and it is a bad joke that we have todiscuss these time frames, because other 1 or two person developers are able to make high-quality games far quicker than L&P ever will.
I'm certainly not young (the 'daft' will have to be ascertained by an independent source!:giggle:).
I don't believe I said anything about L&P becoming 'quicker', or anything about the speed of progress, just how I personally would prefer the updates to come.

Unless someone knows the lifestyle of a developer, people cannot make informed statements or comments about their speed of progress.
On the one hand you may be absolutely correct, on the other L&P could have been going through a stressful personal period which seriously affected his progress, but all some people are interested in is demanding when are they getting their next fix.......which is why I wouldn't deem to make comment on it.

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021

Well, that's kind the question I was asking, I'm simply curious *if* and *how* all these interactions will play out.
It's already the case that some parts of the dialogues depend on previous actions/conditions, e.g. whether she had or not sex with Liam, there are just different dialogues/thoughts that makes things coherent with the situation.

So at the very least one could expect that such a big and defining event as the extramarital affair have some influence on **just the dialogues** to account different thoughts or exchanges based on whether that happened or not. To use your example, I'm not saying that the outcome of another later event with a different character **has to be** different based on whether the event on PD 16 happened or not. But I think that there will be (or even should be) some influence and the dialogues/thoughts will be a little different but all leading to the same outcome for this new event, otherwise we will have again that sort of "reset effect".

And don't get me wrong, I'm always for minimising the entropy, even in RL :), so I'm all in for keeping it simple and manageable and avoid that branching madness you mention. But once you have all these intertwined storylines you cannot expect that they proceed as completely watertight, self-contained paths when major events like the first extramarital affair happen (assuming the events are on "compatible" path, obviously). I emphasized cannot expect in the sense of preserving the storytelling quality of this VN, and, if you will, the so-much-discussed "realism".

Last edited:

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Well, that's kind the question I was asking, I'm simply curious *if* and *how* all these interactions will play out.
It's already the case that some parts of the dialogues depend on previous actions/conditions, e.g. whether she had or not sex with Liam, there are just different dialogues/thoughts that makes things coherent with the situation.

So at the very least one could expect that such a big and defining event as the extramarital affair have some influence on **just the dialogues** to account different thoughts or exchanges based on if that happened or not. To use your example, I'm not saying that the outcome of another later event with a different character **has to be** different based on whether the event on PD 16 happened or not. But I think that there will be (or even should be) some influence and the dialogues/thoughts will be a little different but all leading to the same outcome for this new event, otherwise we will have again that sort of "reset effect".

And don't get me wrong, I'm always for minimising the entropy, even in RL :), so I'm all in for keeping it simple and manageable and avoid that branching madness you mention. But once you have all these intertwined storyline you cannot expect that they proceed as completely watertight, self-contained paths when major events like the first extramarital affair happen (and the events are on "compatible" path, obviously). I emphasized cannot expect in the sense of preserving the storytelling quality of this VN, and, if you will, the so-much-discussed "realism".
The only plausible solution that will avoid having to create anything additional would be to keep all routes close to each other in terms of progress. That way an extra marital affair on one route might not be an extremely huge step and the other routes can account for it by mere dialogues itself, without having to move the two different scenarios at different paces.

This in my opinion is the reason why we see that there is continuously the game of who is at the top of the list in being most intimate with Sophia. Every route is being moved closer to each other, so that it becomes easier for L&P to account for the progress of all storylines and know exactly where Sophia is and write the next scene based on that knowledge. It prevents unnecessary branching and renders for the same scene.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I'm certainly not young (the 'daft' will have to be ascertained by an independent source!:giggle:).
I don't believe I said anything about L&P becoming 'quicker', or anything about the speed of progress, just how I personally would prefer the updates to come.

Unless someone knows the lifestyle of a developer, people cannot make informed statements or comments about their speed of progress.
On the one hand you may be absolutely correct, on the other L&P could have been going through a stressful personal period which seriously affected his progress, but all some people are interested in is demanding when are they getting their next fix.......which is why I wouldn't deem to make comment on it.
Hi! That explains your PoV better, thanks! Well, I have seen the development of AWAM from the start and it is one reason I have such a low opinion of L&P. No matter what he promised or what tall tales he made, the development speed only dropped, never got higher.
I am a hobby writer myself and have stories out there, so I know quite a bit what fucked up things, esp. personal, can derail your development or the worst of all, writer´s block. That can really push you through the mangle, because you never know long the block will go on.

BUT and that is why I am sure L&P is deliberately slow, he told us all that he works about 11 hours a day on the game, what a cool rig he now has for rendering and there was never a mention of writers block. For all this talk and good work surroundings he supposedly has, his output is abyssal!
Something is foul in the state of Denmark, so to speak, either he has personal problems (then why not talk about that? Other developer´s, e.g. Eva Kiss, admitted to have personal stuff or wrtier´s block interfering and as a writer myself, I feel with them. And would never bash a dev who admits to such problems, because I know how serious they can be) or what is far more likely, L&P found out he can get money for minimal work, since he has a nice number of gullible patrons, who swallow everything with hook, line and sinker.

Sep 19, 2020
As I've said before, in my mind the only way I see Sophia having heterosexual sex is if she and Liam agree to their friends offer of wife swapping or Liam has an affair and Sophia finds out about it.
Even a handjob for Sam would be pushing her boundaries (without alchohol), especially as that could have been easily accomplished with less problems, with Dylan in the beach hut.
Personally, I think the next step for Sophia is with a woman.
Before, I thought in the shower with Ellie (and maybe Jules), but now maybe at the ranch?!

For me Sophia's heterosexual afair seems realy plausible, in some routes Sophia has moments where she find herself close to the edge, holding on to not surrender for some deep desire, snd about her husband "Liam" he did take a good look at Cathy and had some dirty thoughts when she was trying on the wedding dress, what makes that talk abot swapping partiners seems easier to happen, I also do think there can be a double route where she say no and lead Liam to have an afair with Cathy, and other where both agree and you now what will probabli happen then.

My opinion about update is that what L&P is doing now is a realy good thing, short scenes in short time is I am not mistaken he's taking about 2 months now for update, I like this way it also give a option to wait for more updates if you prefer play more scenes on the game at once.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes