Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
You can interpret a mischievous look or the creepy smile of a psychopath into this facial expression. L&P should really invest more time in the faces of the main male protagonists.
Male protagonists? Here I thought Sophia was the protagonist, and a woman. At least that's what the intro says. Gender is so confusing these days

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
wow, for45 percent over 9 months. and only 10 daysbreak. the whole day will be finished in about 18 mon,ths. 16 days of play a 18 months is 286 months . it is 24 years for the end of game.
And even in 24 years it will still have the best renders of this industry

Reactions: roro

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
v0.150 - 20 Nov
v0.160 - 13 Apr
v0.161 - 24 May
v0.165 - 11 July
v0.170 - 23 or 24 August ( estimated)

v0.161 was the same date as this release more or less.
So, we should, or at least hopefully, are looking at two more updates in 2022. First update (0.175) end of September and beginning of October and next update end of November/beginning December (.180). Always a chance he tries to squeeze a 3rd update but since he's doing animations in .180 I think 2 updates is most likely. Not bad for 1 year, not bad at all. Essentially, ALL of Part 2 this past year which is a pretty good body of work considering animations have been implemented.

Reactions: Abra078

Ryan Starc

Feb 14, 2018
I think it was fixed in May but during a long time links in the OP here weren't up to date. If you know how to do, you can apply the patch you'll find here. When it will be done, you'll have to generate again your final saves in AWAM1. You don't have to replay the full game, just load a save and play till you're asked to generate a final save. If there is any error message, screenshot it.

If you're not comfortable with patch installation, you'll have to re-download the game but I'd like to be sure Mac links in OP are ok and it's not easy because I don't have a Mac.

Another easy solution (without downloading anything) would be to install your AWAM1 in /applications directory and not /private.
I did the patch thingy.. and contd game until it asked me to save.
Then it gives me this error.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
It's all down to personal opinion but this game has far better renders..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It hasn't "better renders" but way better "textures" of the characters because he’s using Gen 8 while almost all of L&P’s characters are old gen 3 models. The render itself and its lighting is totally basic! That a character has better textures is not the merit of the dev of the game but rather the dev of the character model itself!

Last edited:

multiplex1

Sep 4, 2019
View attachment 1922907

A Wife and Mother - Combined Edition v0.170

This is a crunched version of A Wife and Mother version 0.170, which includes the complete Part 1. That means you can play the game from the beginning or just import your old save files without any issue. If you don't like the crunched low quality images, you can just put and replace the HQ images from v0.150, 0.160, 0.161, 0.165, 0.170

DOWNLOAD
CE v0.170 (1.30 GB)
Win:
MEGA - GOOGLE DRIVE
Linux: MEGA - GOOGLE DRIVE
MAC: MEGA - GOOGLE DRIVE
Android: MEGA - GOOGLE DRIVE

View attachment 2008109 View attachment 2008110 View attachment 2008116
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'Day14-14_26_Amber_moves_her_pelvis_back.jpg'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'Day14-14_26_Amber_moves_her_pelvis_back.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script2.rpyc", line 14162, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1205, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 871, in do_display
**display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 621, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3611, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2441, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 777, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 933, in render
return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 116, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 501, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 307, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 933, in render
return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 116, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 607, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 271, in get
surf = image.load()
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 688, in load
raise e
IOError: Couldn't find file 'Day14-14_26_Amber_moves_her_pelvis_back.jpg'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
A Wife And Mother Vers. 0.170 0.170
Wed Aug 31 22:29:53 2022

there was a problem with one of the scenes in the combined edition. please fix.

Pulopolo2

Feb 8, 2021
Do I have to download part 1 before part 2, or is part 1 already incorporated in part 2? If it's the former, do you mind hooking up the link? :>>

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
I did the patch thingy.. and contd game until it asked me to save.
Then it gives me this error.
I guess the patch isn't installed properly. How many final_export.rpy have you in your game folder and where are they located exactly?

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I don't think that the lighting is totally basic as you said, it's what that shot requires to have a natural look, it's daylight where everything is illuminated. Still you can see some natural contrast in her face, her left side is more illuminated than her right one because the light comes from the window, not too much because is daylight.

In this other angle you can appreciate the lighting scheme more, which isn't totally basic and it contains the blinds
weft over her skin, given us a pleasant image, something that not many devs plays with.

View attachment 2017961

Maybe in a night shot you can appreciate the effort of that dev better:

View attachment 2017956

By the way, that dev doesn't use color filters, nor flares, it's clearly that he prefers a natural look, not too photoshopped.

When one of his renders has a fancy color it's because that color is given by the lights of the location:

View attachment 2017986

Still I think he could improve in terms of continuity, in the same scene some shots look more illuminated than others and sometimes the lighting could look simple in some of them.
I wouldn't call these bad renders. But there is nothing about them that i find out of the ordinary. The lighting if compared to any of L&P's renders seems very basic and it there just because it should be and not to enhance the visual quality. All of L&P's renders have an atmosphere to them whereas here we see quite a bit of inconsistency in that regard. A major part if the above renders feels like it is all the programs work and not that the dev meticulously focused on them. Not using Photoshop could also mean the person either doesn't know PS and doesn't intend to learn or just wants to save time. Because it is a highly renowned fact that Photoshop can be used to greatly enhance renders.

Reactions: globsis and Hlextor

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I don't follow you, what do you mean by basic render? That sounds like renders with lack of effort.

Explain me why this render

is supposedly more basic than this one. (similar shot, similar location)

View attachment 2018068

I didn't want to compare but it seems that you used the term basic to underestimate the work of that dev.
Sorry but these two renders are very different from each other. The above render of that dev relies entirely on the models face ( which as mentioned above is a G8 model ) and not on the lighting effects. Add to that you chose one of the worst renders of the entire scene with Sam to compare. Look at this render. And we all know we can pick over a 100 renders in any 200+ render scene which looks great purely because of the effort in lighting posing and expressions.
Day19_21_171_Sophia_shouts_shit_my_husband-lines-scale-1_00x.jpg

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes