palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Progress Report Ver. 0.175.
65% - 65%
0% - 0%

View attachment 2078612
Damn. 27 hours to render 5% of the created scenes, using 2x 3090ti's with NVLink. This update must be massive!

..... :KEK:

Jokes aside, this progress bar probably includes work on animation, so it's taking longer I assume. Still, word on the street is that he's got his "animation helper" (yes, that's still his name), so I'd also have to assume that L&P's part is pretty much done at this point unless the update is actually going to have 400+ renders, right?

By the way, do we have any information on why the heck L&P bought a second powerhouse of a computer earlier this year? He told his supporters that he had bought it for his "special project" if I'm not mistaken, which turned out to be animations. But what's the point if you have a "pro" creating your animations, and all you achieve on your main rig is to render a handful of scenes within 27 hours, when the render time with this rig is in the minute range? Some people made theories that his "animation helper" might be working via third-party software, using L&P's second rig to create the animations, but imagine being a "pro" animation artist having to work like that using Blender via some remote-control application or whatever. So again, what the heck is this second computer for? To edit the finished animation in a way? He could totally do that on his main rig. Makes no sense to have a second computer just to edit something, especially not another setup with two 3090ti's. It's certainly not there to increase production speed in any way, as prodcution has only become slower this year. Which it does every single year basically.

Anyway, my question is... Why doesn't L&P include a progress bar for the animation like he did for the first update this year? The progress bar right now isn't really telling people anything if it includes animation progress. Is this another case of "I can't continue my part because I have to wait on animations"? This statement, by the way, was absolute nonsense in February/March, and it would still be nonsense today. Just look at the animations in Update 1 of PD13, and then tell me what exactly about it would stop you from continueing your work on renders, which is exactly what L&P told people back then. He had to wait on his "helpers" part to continue his work. Yeah right...

But wait, L&P also said that he'd plan ahead with animations so it wouldn't cause any more delays, so they are surely ready for the update, right? :LOL: If that's not the case (which it's certainly not), does that mean renders are already finished, and the progress bar is showing us animation progress instead? Wouldn't that also mean L&P is able to work on the photoshop part already? The writing? The coding? Or even on renders for the next update? Since he's got his "animation helper" for the animation and all, right? Weird!

So why exactly are things going so slow? Two possibilities if you ask me; It's either a relatively big update with atleast 350+ renders, OR: L&P didn't plan ahead with animations, doesn't have a mysterious "animation helper" and is doing them on his own using the second computer he bought for exactly this purpose earlier this year. Oh, and then there's those who would say the slow pace might be caused by RL issues and whatnot. That's coincidentally the case during the one update that has animations again, after the last disaster from Update 1 this year? Now wouldn't that be something, huh. Well, judging by what we've seen so far, there are no "massive scenes" including a ton of characters either, like for example in 0.161 which had ~140 renders and a tiny little animation of Sophia pulling her top down, and that one took how long again? 6 weeks?

The list of things that make no sense is long, and it especially shows when previous statements catch up to L&P, making him look REALLY bad.

Wolfman567654

Dec 30, 2020
I have chatted with LP and he is stuck in his vision. I know that after ten years and still nothing. Is why I stopped paying for his updates on pateron. LP told me he is close at all to add sex. He thinks that this slowly as a fucking GLACIER . Build up is working. LP simple told me to play other games if sex was the goal. He believes that he is working on his equivalent of the next great novel or movie

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Does he do this full-time?
He is his own boss, so he works at whatever pace he wants, when he chooses. Nobody knows whether that's equivalent to working full-time, as in 35-50 hours per week. At one point, several years ago, he claimed to be working 11 hours per day, yet (for some strange reason), hardly anybody really believed him. Maybe he did this for a day or two, who knows & by this stage, who cares?

All that is truly understood is that nothing will ever get things moving faster, even the event-based updates which were heralded as a means to this end, while many things will give cause to move slower, (apparently). Any criticism of the production schedule will be met by dismayed & outraged fans lecturing the critic(s), admonishing a horrible display of lack of gratitude, or providing ideas for what said critics should do, e. g. start their own games, (so original), plus facepalms & suggestions that because we know so little of the Dev, there is no way that his work ethic can, or should, be judged by such ignorant consumers.

Anyone who has ever had to manage other people at work will have their own view....as I do. When all is said & done, we either live with the game/VN as it is, or move on. Personally speaking, I didn't download the last 2 updates & may give the next few playable days a miss, thus moving on. Best of luck to all who stay with this.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Because this is gourmet, if you want fast food, go to McDonalds.

Ok, I'm joking.
Is it "gourmet" though? Going back to that analogy of the restaurant and pizza, while the signage and outside of the place looks good, and makes a great first impression, there seems to be an increasing amount of people complaining about how bland it's turning out to be.

And while some might like that, it seems to more often be a case of "no, this isn't what I came here for". So while waiting, ducking into other establishments for food (because nothing has been served here for a while), and more chatting by the dumpster about how great this game was, could be, and speculating about the meal we hope may someday arrive.

seriousssam

Aug 23, 2019
Sophia is the object of sexual desire of everyone around: sister, daughter, son, neighbors, students at school ... Everyone! And she acts like an empty fool, allowing herself to be someone else's sex toy and use herself for the pleasure of others. She doesn't know the word "No!" :confused: Sooner or later, everyone will fuck her, like in fanart pixil. It should have been called "How to become a whore" ...

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Damn. 27 hours to render 5% of the created scenes, using 2x 3090ti's with NVLink. This update must be massive!

..... :KEK:

Jokes aside, this progress bar probably includes work on animation, so it's taking longer I assume. Still, word on the street is that he's got his "animation helper" (yes, that's still his name), so I'd also have to assume that L&P's part is pretty much done at this point unless the update is actually going to have 400+ renders, right?

By the way, do we have any information on why the heck L&P bought a second powerhouse of a computer earlier this year? He told his supporters that he had bought it for his "special project" if I'm not mistaken, which turned out to be animations. But what's the point if you have a "pro" creating your animations, and all you achieve on your main rig is to render a handful of scenes within 27 hours, when the render time with this rig is in the minute range? Some people made theories that his "animation helper" might be working via third-party software, using L&P's second rig to create the animations, but imagine being a "pro" animation artist having to work like that using Blender via some remote-control application or whatever. So again, what the heck is this second computer for? To edit the finished animation in a way? He could totally do that on his main rig. Makes no sense to have a second computer just to edit something, especially not another setup with two 3090ti's. It's certainly not there to increase production speed in any way, as prodcution has only become slower this year. Which it does every single year basically.

Anyway, my question is... Why doesn't L&P include a progress bar for the animation like he did for the first update this year? The progress bar right now isn't really telling people anything if it includes animation progress. Is this another case of "I can't continue my part because I have to wait on animations"? This statement, by the way, was absolute nonsense in February/March, and it would still be nonsense today. Just look at the animations in Update 1 of PD13, and then tell me what exactly about it would stop you from continueing your work on renders, which is exactly what L&P told people back then. He had to wait on his "helpers" part to continue his work. Yeah right...

But wait, L&P also said that he'd plan ahead with animations so it wouldn't cause any more delays, so they are surely ready for the update, right? :LOL: If that's not the case (which it's certainly not), does that mean renders are already finished, and the progress bar is showing us animation progress instead? Wouldn't that also mean L&P is able to work on the photoshop part already? The writing? The coding? Or even on renders for the next update? Since he's got his "animation helper" for the animation and all, right? Weird!

So why exactly are things going so slow? Two possibilities if you ask me; It's either a relatively big update with atleast 350+ renders, OR: L&P didn't plan ahead with animations, doesn't have a mysterious "animation helper" and is doing them on his own using the second computer he bought for exactly this purpose earlier this year. Oh, and then there's those who would say the slow pace might be caused by RL issues and whatnot. That's coincidentally the case during the one update that has animations again, after the last disaster from Update 1 this year? Now wouldn't that be something, huh. Well, judging by what we've seen so far, there are no "massive scenes" including a ton of characters either, like for example in 0.161 which had ~140 renders and a tiny little animation of Sophia pulling her top down, and that one took how long again? 6 weeks?

The list of things that make no sense is long, and it especially shows when previous statements catch up to L&P, making him look REALLY bad.
I think that there is a third possibility for what is slowing L&P down.

I believe that L&P is a perfectionist - not a bad thing generally But... Perfect is the enemy of good enough as the saying goes.

As a perfectionist - he started redoing the beginning of AWAM due to the increasing contrast of the renders where the early story does not look nearly as good as what he is producing now - he has learned a great deal about his craft in the years that AWAM has been in production.

I think he is still doing this in the 'non-work' part of his day. Since he defines his workday, he may have felt the need to put more time into the remaster effect since he may feel he is working 'fast enough' to create this next rev.

How many people are rejoining AWAM after playing all the current content?

I think very few. I also think that he is slowly losing a material % of his long term Patreons - either they leave, or they drop down in what tier they support at (that is what I did).

Where will he make up the difference - new Patreons - and if you don't Wow someone early in a large AVN, then they are not likely to support, given the huge number of options available today versus 3-4 years ago.

He does not have to tell his supporters this in the same way that he does not have to build a team to help carry the load and increase speed of development.

I originally thought that we would complete PD 13 in 1-2Q 2023. I feel the current pace is slowing down and we are in danger of slipping into 3q23 before we finish PD 13.

Based on this trend - PD 14 finishes in early 2025, unless there are other currently unscheduled events that get added in.

So - back to looking forward to the teasers that get released by high tier supporters as those are the oases we get to enjoy in this desert of development.

naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
She doesn't know the word "No!" :confused: Sooner or later, everyone will fuck her, like in fanart pixil. It should have been called "How to become a whore" ...
Its upto players to select yes or no.. its called good wife path... did you really played the game? or you want the dirty path to be removed completely and keep only good wife path?

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Sophia is the object of sexual desire of everyone around: sister, daughter, son, neighbors, students at school ... Everyone! And she acts like an empty fool, allowing herself to be someone else's sex toy and use herself for the pleasure of others. She doesn't know the word "No!" :confused: Sooner or later, everyone will fuck her, like in fanart pixil. It should have been called "How to become a whore" ...
You are "Sophia"! You must say "No". It is your corruption points that are counted up!
It's very simple, choose "No" as the player/leader of your virtual character, give up content, and you have the Sophia you want.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes