Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Considering how much of a content and quality he has it's still pretty damn fast. His game already has like 1 year of content of typical game when it comes to renders and story isn't short as well. Quality requires some time.

Reactions: Valronn

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
Considering how much of a content and quality he has it's still pretty damn fast. His game already has like 1 year of content of typical game when it comes to renders and story isn't short as well. Quality requires some time.
Its not about that though, its about being reliable something he clearly has problems with as its the second time he postponeds

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Its not about that though, its about being reliable something he clearly has problems with as its the second time he postponeds
Sure, consistency is the most important factor of development. But I wouldn't really care about it now as it's 0.1 and it's really easy to miscalculate how fast things can go when you're starting. And this game, as no other on this site, requires a lot of work. I hope 0.3 and further versions will come in a steady, predictable way but for now he should take his time to polish this thing so he can plan properly in a future

IMMORTALCS26

Aug 3, 2017
I think wat L&P has achieved so far is pretty damn great; considering he converted the game from RPGM to Ren'Py so quickly(which he had to learn quickly). His story is damn good, and renders are top quality. Freeloaders(non patreons) such as myself should not complain how long he delays (even if delay is Impure Level:tf:; which I'm sure wont be) and thank the lord that I'm even getting to enjoy it.

Reactions: n0b0dy

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I'd like to make something clear: I NEVER EVER mentioned a concrete release date! These were just approximate estimations by calculating the amount of renders which continuously raised. I always wrote "I can't announce a concrete date now" what some people just absolutely ignored and just presented these estimations like concrete, firmly planned release dates! The next update has the effort of maybe 4-10 updates of other games in it! I also had to make some alterations cause of some feedback I got. So, from now on there probably won't be any estimations or calculations from my site cause it seems that many people just can't distinguish an estimation from a concrete release announcement. As soon as the scenes and renders are finished I will announce a release date space.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
@Lust&Passion , some people like to get something for their money, so they switch their support on when they know a certain month will have a release in it. Giving a prevision (and keeping it) a month in advance is essential. At least that's what I think, you do you.

Reactions: Viatovic

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
I think that setting up dates and making them happen is pretty good if you want to get up your number of patreons.

People want content, people need to see that this thing they're supporting is secure and is giving them something in return.
So maybe you want to make smaller updates or simply, like Luxee in Parental Love, make it so the patreons pay for update, not monthly.

Reactions: dunhill

IMMORTALCS26

Aug 3, 2017
I'd like to make something clear: I NEVER EVER mentioned a concrete release date! These were just approximate estimations by calculating the amount of renders which continuously raised. I always wrote "I can't announce a concrete date now" what some people just absolutely ignored and just presented these estimations like concrete, firmly planned release dates! The next update has the effort of maybe 4-10 updates of other games in it! I also had to make some alterations cause of some feedback I got. So, from now on there probably won't be any estimations or calculations from my site cause it seems that many people just can't distinguish an estimation from a concrete release announcement. As soon as the scenes and renders are finished I will announce a release date space.
@Lust&Passion the game you have made is abosfuckinglutly spectacular and I respect you for it. Some people don't get that perfection requires patience. You do you. Take all the time you need. I'm sure there are ppl like me who would wait to have the perfect game no matter how long it takes. :cool:

Reactions: Born2game

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Is it?

IS IT?!

still over here waiting for that .3.3 :pensive:

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
Well if it may helps @Lust&Passion to deliver updates on a more frequent basis with a good amount of content I dont see why he shouldnt. Some other devs are already doing that (eg. the dev from The Humbling Exp) and it's working quite fine.
@Faerin in Man of the House does an update every two weeks...
Basically, he does a monthly update in two takes.
The final content is equal at what you would expect in a regular update.

Here, with @Lust&Passion we are talking about a dev that is giving us massive updates.
Maybe splitting it up is better for all of us.
We don't have to wait, the dev gets more feedback and gets the conversation going on here...
And one important thing... he doesn't have to answer every single day when in the blue hell is gonna be another update.

Everyone wins if he does it right.

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
Well if it may helps @Lust&Passion to deliver updates on a more frequent basis with a good amount of content I dont see why he shouldnt. Some other devs are already doing that (eg. the dev from The Humbling Exp) and it's working quite fine.
I dont know how many that would pay for 15 minutes of playing time a month, no matter how fine the renders are...

maisbordeldemerde

La rabia del pueblo
Donor
Dec 19, 2016
Here, with @Lust&Passion we are talking about a dev that is giving us massive updates.
Maybe splitting it up is better for all of us.
We don't have to wait, the dev gets more feedback and gets the conversation going on here...
And one important thing... he doesn't have to answer every single day when in the blue hell is gonna be another update.

Everyone wins if he does it right.
I'm totally ok with that, that's basically what I'm saying in my previous post you quoted :extremelyhappy:

Edit: @Eye-switcher Considering how long his 0.01 was, that'd prob still be good to play a monthly release even if he splits up his updates to give us more stuff more frequently i guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Viatovic

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
I'm totally ok with that, that's basically what I'm saying in my previous post you quoted :extremelyhappy:

Edit: @Eye-switcher Considering how long his 0.01 was, that'd prob still be good to play a monthly release even if he splits up his updates to give us more stuff more frequently i guess
Hm..maybe.. his 0.01 was half a years Worth of work or more though. Maybe it ends terrific...

Reactions: maisbordeldemerde
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes