Nov 30, 2017
My point is that if you don't like him, he's really easy to get rid of. It's any feelings more than that to me just seem over the top.
I'm pretty sure it's because he's like the main character of a game I don't want to be playing. Yeah, I could send the kid to boarding school to just get rid of him, but I'd rather see him suffer for popping up in my game in the first place.

Reactions: roro

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I'm pretty sure it's because he's like the main character of a game I don't want to be playing. Yeah, I could send the kid to boarding school to just get rid of him, but I'd rather see him suffer for popping up in my game in the first place.
Well, we're unlikely to see him now until PD16, so there's a short reprieve. I'm also just happy that in the meantime we've got two Patricia events. I see her as a much greater corrupting influence than Aiden will ever be. I mean, Patricia got Sophia naked in the last event in front of pretty much complete strangers.

Patricia also has the first sex scene with Sophia on PD15. And is far hotter.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Well, we're unlikely to see him now until PD16, so there's a short reprieve. I'm also just happy that in the meantime we've got two Patricia events. I see her as a much greater corrupting influence than Aiden will ever be. I mean, Patricia got Sophia naked in the last event in front of pretty much complete strangers.

Patricia also has the first sex scene with Sophia on PD15. And is far hotter.
And convinced Sophia to kiss her, go out with random college students for a museum something or other, to a club with those complete strangers Sophia got naked in front of, and potentially get Sophia to smoke. All of that is way more corruptive in my opinion than progressively showing more skin at a school with students and teachers already dressing like borderline hookers. Sophia certainly isn't going to risk losing her job in that environment.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
And convinced Sophia to kiss her, go out with random college students for a museum something or other, and potentially get Sophia to smoke. All of that is way more corruptive in my opinion than progressively showing more skin at a school with students and teachers already dressing like borderline hookers. Sophia certainly isn't going to risk losing her job in that environment.
Plus Patricia can get her to do all these things without the treat of violence.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
All this outrage about Aiden who's not due to appear again for 5+ years. If it's white knight syndrome, it's too late. He's already gone for those who opted for the Don Morello solution. (Because we all know how the Mafia is preferable to a school bully). Some of the comments border on the hysterical. He's gone FFS, he's made a violent exit, if that's what you wanted & with a 5+ year wait, he may be gone in every sense.

Now give me an option to have Ava Myers & family move to another city, preferably on another continent. NO, why?....it's because I don't have to have them in my playthrough...I see. So I can't obliterate every last trace of inter-familial incest either & then deep-cleanse the set? (That's as close as I can get to the sense of hysteria...but I might not be joking). NO, because it's a big feature of the game. I see, so it's important & people like it. It's integral to AWAM. Hmmm.

Blackmail, (even if unrealistic in some opinions & I suggested some better reasons years ago, which were ignored), is an integral part of many corruption games. It's not essential & neither is incest. This is a corruption game. Get over it.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
It's not a matter of blackmail. I'm perfectly fine with Aiden blackmailing Sophia and some of the tasks have been interesting, specifically modeling for the art class. It's a matter of how poorly the blackmail was set up, and the borderline pathetic reason for it. Like I said, Sophia did basically nothing and then capitulated. All things considered, the second Dylan was enrolled in self defense, the whole thing should have been wrapped up.

Aiden should have caught Sophia doing something with Dylan, Sam, Ellie, or any of the other people Sophia can have an affair with. That would have been a more viable reason to put Sohpia into the dilema of doing what Aiden says. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
It's not a matter of blackmail. I'm perfectly fine with Aiden blackmailing Sophia and some of the tasks have been interesting, specifically modeling for the art class. It's a matter of how poorly the blackmail was set up, and the borderline pathetic reason for it. Like I said, Sophia did basically nothing and then capitulated. All things considered, the second Dylan was enrolled in self defense, the whole thing should have been wrapped up.
Dylan's self-defence expertise after a couple of lessons was grossly exaggerated in order for him to drop a drunken hobo twice his size & 3 or 4 times his weight, while 3 of that man's friends stood by. That was totally unrealistic (& so doesn't feature in my playthrough). Nobody gets that good, that quick, even a physically fit football (soccer) player. It doesn't matter how proficient a marshal artist Dylan may eventually become, because he's never going to be able to take on a gang with connections & large amounts of muscle. It's not credible.

Some time ago the Dev intimated that the martial arts lessons were not about the Aiden situation.

I disagree about the blackmail set up, while acknowledging it could have been handled better in it's portrayal & it's causes. Schools do very little about bullying, despite what their mission statements commit to. Police do not want to be involved. Seeking to protect her son while "initially" (from Sophia's POV), agreeing to a deal was an immediate solution to imminent danger. Other than sending Dylan to boarding school, or home tutoring, the only solution with any sense of reality would be Carl & his fortune.

What ticks me off is that a satisfactorily nasty end is available for blackmail/Aiden haters but the complaints don't stop. I understand the hate. I loathe the shota with a passion but the Dev is not about to provide a suitable terminal event for it. Anti-blackmail lobbyists are lucky. None of us will ever get ANY game that suits us exactly, unless we can afford to commission one. Aiden is meant to be hated. That's how he's written & people do hate him. That's a sign of a successful character.

Last edited:

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Dylan's self-defence expertise after a couple of lessons was grossly exaggerated in order for him to drop a drunken hobo twice his size & 3 or 4 times his weight, while 3 of that man's friends stood by. That was totally unrealistic (& so doesn't feature in my playthrough). It doesn't matter how proficient a marshal artist Dylan may eventually become, because he's never going to be able to take on a gang with connections & large amounts of muscle. It's not credible.

Some time ago the Dev intimated that the martial arts lessons were not about the Aiden situation.

I disagree about the blackmail set up, while acknowledging it could have been handled better in it's portrayal & it's causes. Schools do very little about bullying, despite what their mission statements commit to. Police do not want to be involved. Seeking to protect her son while "initially" (from Sophia's POV), agreeing to a deal was an immediate solution to imminent danger. Other than sending Dylan to boarding school, or home tutoring, the only solution with any sense of reality would be Carl & his fortune.
Yes, but Dylan has big main character energy. So he's kicking everyone ass after 4 lessons of self defense.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

Aiden should have caught Sophia doing something with Dylan, Sam, Ellie, or any of the other people Sophia can have an affair with. That would have been a more viable reason to put Sohpia into the dilema of doing what Aiden says. Just my opinion.
One of the games I occasionally refer to here is Dog Days of Summer. I played the blackmail route there, because it made sense - the MC engaged in academic misconduct and should have been kicked out of college and not graduated.

And while not accepting the blackmail leads to hotter content at the moment, I know at some point it's going to bite her in the arse.

So far, with no intention of playing the Dylan route, there's been no consequence to either Sophia, and Dylan is even going to a better school. The latest event even shows it, with Dylan being in the city without fear.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Yes, but Dylan has big main character energy. So he's kicking everyone ass after 4 lessons of self defense.
"Big main character energy" eh what?. I wish I'd had some of that when I did judo in my youth. Then I wouldn't have ended up on the mat as much. AFAIK the only way to fit Dylan's park event 'realistically' into the story is just to say that he got lucky.

Romazeo

May 2, 2021
2 weeks to get it update ready..... ok..... characters..... done..... locations done unless you go to a “different” shop. All presets should be done from previous updates. Story done...... what’s the hold up?
Two weeks till new update or what? Don't quite get it ;)

Romazeo

May 2, 2021
This is not quite a place to ask, but no millionaires here? I would ask L&P can he do some events in first place for good money? Wishes, wishes...
Or we have some deep problems that money can't solve.
I mean start of the game really baited me with many aspects and keep doing well without disappointment except time of development.

Reactions: Radoslaw Wolf

sheatfish

Sep 17, 2019
Dylan has been involved in sports all his life, he has a strong and enduring body, well-developed vestibular apparatus and reaction. And here he was shown a couple of not difficult tricks. It's not hard to knock out a drunk guy. Trust me. Just hit first. :ROFLMAO: Did it a hundred times.:cool:

Jan 20, 2022
Dylan's self-defence expertise after a couple of lessons was grossly exaggerated in order for him to drop a drunken hobo twice his size & 3 or 4 times his weight, while 3 of that man's friends stood by. That was totally unrealistic (& so doesn't feature in my playthrough). Nobody gets that good, that quick, even a physically fit football (soccer) player. It doesn't matter how proficient a marshal artist Dylan may eventually become, because he's never going to be able to take on a gang with connections & large amounts of muscle. It's not credible.

What ticks me off is that a satisfactorily nasty end is available for blackmail/Aiden haters but the complaints don't stop. I understand the hate. I loathe the shota with a passion but the Dev is not about to provide a suitable terminal event for it. Anti-blackmail lobbyists are lucky. None of us will ever get ANY game that suits us exactly, unless we can afford to commission one. Aiden is meant to be hated. That's how he's written & people do hate him. That's a sign of a successful character.
Compared with Sam, Dylan is normal. According to Sam's level of artistic knowledge, he can go to university to teach :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: PaxHadrian17
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes