Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
In the filthy route the next two releases are exclusively focused on Dylan's progression. There is Dylan/Ellie/Christine afterwards where the Parker siblings go to Christine's party but this is not expected to be released before mid November...
Christine's party is also focused on Dylan's progression. The bonus storyline itself is - you don't need to be playing the Ellie route at all. Considering that everything we learn during the route about Ellie's dating and sexual preferences, coupled with her having an event first thing the next morning (isn't Christine's party a sleepover?), makes me think that the bonus storyline will be mutually exclusive to the Ellie route.

Nov 1, 2017
Hello. In the game, a black screen occurs periodically when changing pictures. Very annoying while SKIPing. In others games, this is not, or rather, most normal ones are not. Thank you

abram1

May 24, 2020
Agree on some of your posts, disagree on most others. The biggest one is agreed that there is not much life left in this game. I give it less than two years, but most likely it will go the way of Gumdrop or ISATOR. I defended him myself up to 2020 that he wasn't a milker and at that time I don't believe he was. Now, I totally think he is. The BS about his update board. Well pretty much no one trusts him. That's on him. This should be my last post on this game for awhile. It was once the best game comment board on this site, but as most of his loyal followers have turned on him and left. This thread has gone pretty much the way of the game. To bad for such waste of great vn.

Peace Out
Sorry to intrude into you lovely chit-chat with Bane71, as your personal attitude towards L&P and juxtaposition with those 2 gentlemen is quite amusing. I vividly remember folks from here, predicting two years ago that 2022 gonna be a "make or break" year for AWAM. We're in 2023. What happened to them, where are they? Still lurking here time to time as this VN keeps on going. It's not about your or mine desires, but about willingness of others to provide L&P with their financial support. And that number only became bigger in the past 2 years.

When you say "pretty much no one trusts him" and "most of his loyal followers have turned on him and left", dude, I hope you're not serious. Taking into account 20-30, tops, most vociferous people on a pirate forum, is a mere statistical error compared to the overall number of subscribers. We're in a bubble of a sort in here. Let's assume 100 dudes on a more or less frequent basis participate in this thread. Some of them are patrons, happy or not with all that surrounds AWAM. The cumulative impact of this thread on L&P is close to none. We may whine, beg, have mental breakdowns over this VN here - it doesn't matter. He barely listens to his donors, why would he listen to CSK92's opinion, for him you don't exist, as do I. Time to take off pink glasses.

L&P only changes his attitude, if the number of subscribers drops below some critical level for him. Then he either starts taking measures to save ship by reducing the amount of images/lowering quality/chopping off some storylines or abandoning AWAM. Otherwise it all goes as it is. Maybe he'll manage to speed it up a bit with simultaneous rendering/working on animations, in general it won't make a huge difference. With 400+ renders it's impossible to stick to a 1.5 month update rate. It's a lifetime project, hopefully his patrons have deep pockets to support him in the span of the next 20+ years.

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Hello. In the game, a black screen occurs periodically when changing pictures. Very annoying while SKIPing. In others games, this is not, or rather, most normal ones are not. Thank you
What do you talk about? Can you give a precise example? I guess you talk about Part 1?

rAmSiMaL

Sep 1, 2022
Christine's party is also focused on Dylan's progression. The bonus storyline itself is - you don't need to be playing the Ellie route at all. Considering that everything we learn during the route about Ellie's dating and sexual preferences, coupled with her having an event first thing the next morning (isn't Christine's party a sleepover?), makes me think that the bonus storyline will be mutually exclusive to the Ellie route.
If you are following Ellie route and excluding Dylan come here in a year from now…

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Sorry to intrude into you lovely chit-chat with Bane71, as your personal attitude towards L&P and juxtaposition with those 2 gentlemen is quite amusing. I vividly remember folks from here, predicting two years ago that 2022 gonna be a "make or break" year for AWAM. We're in 2023. What happened to them, where are they? Still lurking here time to time as this VN keeps on going. It's not about your or mine desires, but about willingness of others to provide L&P with their financial support. And that number only became bigger in the past 2 years.

When you say "pretty much no one trusts him" and "most of his loyal followers have turned on him and left", dude, I hope you're not serious. Taking into account 20-30, tops, most vociferous people on a pirate forum, is a mere statistical error compared to the overall number of subscribers. We're in a bubble of a sort in here. Let's assume 100 dudes on a more or less frequent basis participate in this thread. Some of them are patrons, happy or not with all that surrounds AWAM. The cumulative impact of this thread on L&P is close to none. We may whine, beg, have mental breakdowns over this VN here - it doesn't matter. He barely listens to his donors, why would he listen to CSK92's opinion, for him you don't exist, as do I. Time to take off pink glasses.

L&P only changes his attitude, if the number of subscribers drops below some critical level for him. Then he either starts taking measures to save ship by reducing the amount of images/lowering quality/chopping off some storylines or abandoning AWAM. Otherwise it all goes as it is. Maybe he'll manage to speed it up a bit with simultaneous rendering/working on animations, in general it won't make a huge difference. With 400+ renders it's impossible to stick to a 1.5 month update rate. It's a lifetime project, hopefully his patrons have deep pockets to support him in the span of the next 20+ years.
He could of course try working more, both harder & smarter, hiring a team, bringing in an editor, or even, (say it softly) contacting a good extra writer, etc., etc., none of which is ever going to happen, because there's no motivation to do so & after nearly 6 years I believe there never will be. This is not so much a case of fans leaving a game but of a game leaving the fans.

I've never had loads of money, so when a Dev stops producing at a reasonable rate, especially without explanation, I politely inform them as to why I'm no longer subscribing. This also leaves the door open for a return if production picks up & I've done this. It's not hard & it's not disloyal, it's just common sense & a remedy available to all Patrons.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I vividly remember folks from here, predicting two years ago that 2022 gonna be a "make or break" year for AWAM. We're in 2023. What happened to them, where are they?
We are still here, and 2022 WAS a make-or-break year. It was the year L&P changed to event-based releases which made the story overall much worse as events seem disjointed. It was also the year where development speed became so laughable that even the most diehard fans here had to acknowledge the bullshit going on. 2022 has changed AWAM alot. And not to the better, that's for sure. I remember GingerSweetGirl predicting in 2021 that L&P would eventually go to event-based releases, which she considered to be a make-or-break thing. Yeah, she was right. And many others who thought 2022 would turn everything to shit weren't wrong either.

Yeah, we are still here playing the game and L&P is still developing it, but it can hardly get any worse in terms of development, can it now? Can't get much slower before he's in the same realm as ICSTOR or Gumdrops, or abandonment even. So yeah, 2022 was certainly a make-or-break year if you ask me. Maybe not in the same way you thought people meant it. It's obvious that there'll be some poor souls burning their money on L&P for years to come, even if he were to release absolutely zero content.

It's not about your or mine desires, but about willingness of others to provide L&P with their financial support. And that number only became bigger in the past 2 years.
Hardly. His raw numbers are higher than 2 years ago, but the average patron tier went down. So he's making more or less the same amount of money. You can even see that if you check his patron goal bar at the start of next month. He used to reach the 100% there with a much lower patron count. Takes several hundred more patrons these days to get it to reach 100%. And he's also not been able to reach his peak of 2300 patrons again since April 2022 (first update with Animations, where many people, even some OG patrons, expressed their frustration which resulted in dropping down tiers).

Edit:
When you say "pretty much no one trusts him" and "most of his loyal followers have turned on him and left", dude, I hope you're not serious. Taking into account 20-30, tops, most vociferous people on a pirate forum, is a mere statistical error compared to the overall number of subscribers. We're in a bubble of a sort in here. Let's assume 100 dudes on a more or less frequent basis participate in this thread. Some of them are patrons, happy or not with all that surrounds AWAM. The cumulative impact of this thread on L&P is close to none. We may whine, beg, have mental breakdowns over this VN here - it doesn't matter. He barely listens to his donors, why would he listen to @CSK92's opinion, for him you don't exist, as do I. Time to take off pink glasses.
I'd argue it's you wearing pink glasses. The amount of satisfied patrons is far lower compared to the amount of people who either abandoned the game entirely or are vocal about it's disastrous development. There's plenty pirate forums on the internet, and the general opinion of L&P and his practices are all the same. This title could easily have 10k+ patrons considering it's one of the most viewed, most demanded VN's out there. And yet L&P is stuck at a fairly low amount of supporters. Sure, he's not going to starve any time soon, but he could also be a millionaire by now if it wasn't for the constant downhill ride the past 3+ years.

Last edited:

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
I understand you. But agree, if there were less anger, accusations and insults on the forum here, it would be much better and more interesting. Sometimes it is very interesting to read comments, someone's statements or jokes.
In fact, a lot depends on us, we all together create the climate that is present here, and not just L&P.
It seems to me that despite the fact that we do not directly influence the creation of AWAM, we are able to have some positive effect. To do this, it is necessary to reduce the degree of negativity here and it is likely that we will see a pleasant response from L&P.
B18E90DB-E2EF-448E-837E-E9D46FB2CC7D.gif

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
In the filthy route the next two releases are exclusively focused on Dylan's progression. There is Dylan/Ellie/Christine afterwards where the Parker siblings go to Christine's party but this is not expected to be released before mid November...
So you're saying the next 2 updates should be skipped if you dislike Dylan? If I'm interested in Ellie he will still butt in during the Christine event also?

Nov 1, 2017
What do you talk about? Can you give a precise example? I guess you talk about Part 1?
Yes, part 1. I do not know how to give an example. Here is after the phrase "Ok, let's move on to the Living Room. There are other examples, there with a black screen a little text. Just as I said, it is annoying during quick scrolling.

Reactions: quaxzio

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Yes, part 1. I do not know how to give an example. Here is after the phrase "Ok, let's move on to the Living Room. There are other examples, there with a black screen a little text. Just as I said, it is annoying during quick scrolling.
You probably mean the transition render between scenes. But I'm not quite sure as to how that's affecting your quick scrolling, though.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes