Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
They take it for granted that the developer threatens not to provide a teaser even though they have signed a contract to receive the teaser give a certain amount of donation.
If it's a "contract", what to do with the other side that has been notoriously breaching the very same "contract"?

Last edited:

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
L&P has to be a special breed of dipshit that doesnt understand how things work:

1) A $30 tier patron equals $360 a year for a game that has 2-3 updates a year. In a mobile game, these are what are referred to as your whales.
2) The perks of being in this higher tier are teasers and such. Most (rightfully) consider this not worth the investment, but the whales do.
3) One of the whales posts it to a pirate site (after paying the $30, mind you), where it will get a lot more eyeballs on it, which will hype people up if the teaser was worth a damn, which will translate into some % of people joining up, even if at a lower tier, of which makes up the bulk of any dev's subs.
4) L&P threatens to stop posting teasers to the $30 tier to punish people that did his advertising for him, thus removing value from that higher tier, and in doing so, risking alienating his whales and have them drop their sub.
5) The second order consequence to this, beyond just potentially losing your whales, is that #3 is now no longer true, and given the long time between updates, the only thing keeping 'interest' going is the pirate forum complaining about slow updates.

TL;DR
No more teasers to maintain hype is going to negatively affect subs, even at the lower tier, far more than a teaser getting leaked.

rAmSiMaL

Sep 1, 2022
Intermediate information

Progress is a bit stalled at the moment because I've been working on one of around 3 in between specials of this update (animations are a separate area and have nothing to do with it), probably this was also the toughest of them. This took a bit more time than expected. A lot of effort has also been put into it. Plus I've been experimenting on some certain improvements and changes for the future of the game and the project per se.

This first "in between special" will be shared here as a teaser for higher tiers soon. If further teasers will be shared of this first special, depends on if the teaser will be leaked to pirate sites or not!
We need one more progress bar for “In between specials”. So far it has progressed 33%…

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
If it's a "contract", what to do with the other side that has been notoriously breaching the very same "contract"?
It is a contract because the developer divided the sponsorship levels and said that teasers are provided from a certain level or higher, and the sponsor is paying the amount corresponding to the level.

And the contract did not explicitly state that the teaser would not be released when the teaser was released.

And fundamentally, teasers do not need to be protected like patents.

The teaser is for promotional purposes.

The sponsor receives the teaser and it is up to the sponsor to decide whether to use it alone or share it.

Developers and some sponsors confuse internal corporate data that should not be released with pamphlets issued for disclosure purposes

A teaser is a pamphlet, not internal corporate material.

In the first place, the fact that the developer requested that the teaser be kept private means that they do not know anything about the teaser.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Intermediate information

Progress is a bit stalled at the moment because I've been working on one of around 3 in between specials of this update (animations are a separate area and have nothing to do with it), probably this was also the toughest of them. This took a bit more time than expected. A lot of effort has also been put into it. Plus I've been experimenting on some certain improvements and changes for the future of the game and the project per se.

This first "in between special" will be shared here as a teaser for higher tiers soon. If further teasers will be shared of this first special, depends on if the teaser will be leaked to pirate sites or not!
I sincerely hope that other teasers will be leaked, so as to block the next releases.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
L&P has to be a special breed of dipshit that doesnt understand how things work:

1) A $30 tier patron equals $360 a year for a game that has 2-3 updates a year. In a mobile game, these are what are referred to as your whales.
2) The perks of being in this higher tier are teasers and such. Most (rightfully) consider this not worth the investment, but the whales do.
3) One of the whales posts it to a pirate site (after paying the $30, mind you), where it will get a lot more eyeballs on it, which will hype people up if the teaser was worth a damn, which will translate into some % of people joining up, even if at a lower tier, of which makes up the bulk of any dev's subs.
4) L&P threatens to stop posting teasers to the $30 tier to punish people that did his advertising for him, thus removing value from that higher tier, and in doing so, risking alienating his whales and have them drop their sub.
5) The second order consequence to this, beyond just potentially losing your whales, is that #3 is now no longer true, and given the long time between updates, the only thing keeping 'interest' going is the pirate forum complaining about slow updates.

TL;DR
No more teasers to maintain hype is going to negatively affect subs, even at the lower tier, far more than a teaser getting leaked.
try to write it to him by mail, he will reply that he is the artist, copyright, he does what he likes, bla bla

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
It is a contract because the developer divided the sponsorship levels...
If we stick to your "contract" interpretation, he also established certain milestones and committed to take certain actions upon reaching those milestones. He epically failed to fulfill every single one of them, beginning with very first about hiring a team which he openly dismissed as impossible because essentially nobody is able to understand how he stores his files in the folders. How does your logic apply to this side of the "contract"?

Orimal

Dec 1, 2021
If we stick to your "contract" interpretation, he also established certain milestones and committed to take certain actions upon reaching those milestones. He epically failed to fulfill every single one of them, beginning with very first about hiring a team which he openly dismissed as impossible because essentially nobody is able to understand how he stores his files in the folders. How does your logic apply to this side of the "contract"?
he has a coder, a translator, he pay money for animator to make animations. He cant let others to write and create scenes, The rendering is difficult to unify, his rendering is biased towards high saturation, high contrast, and it is not convenient to coordinate and communicate with others if he may have to modify things in the scene at any time.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
It's hard to understand your writing

If you ask about the betrayal of the sponsor
(I don't see it that way, but anyway)

So, if the developer changes the conditions specified previously

If this is what you questioned for

it's up to the developer
And the sponsor can either comply with the measure or resist it.

this is market logic

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
let me know if i understood correctly

If I understood correctly, I will write the following

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
he has a coder, a translator, he pay money for animator to make animations. He cant let others to write and create scenes, The rendering is difficult to unify, his rendering is biased towards high saturation, high contrast, and it is not convenient to coordinate and communicate with others if he may have to modify things in the scene at any time.
You cannot possibly be that naïve or that, I'll skip this part to save some individuals here time on reporting me again, to not know what I'm talking about. There's plenty of us here who actually pledged to that goal years back and we know exactly what it meant.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Orimal

SuperPerv96

Apr 21, 2018
Lol, why delete teaser? :ROFLMAO:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Another important fact that this update will be delayed - this is what the LP renders for the AWAW version and the DOL, and most likely the animation will be the same for the two versions! And it at least doubles the development time!
Thanks for sharing!
If the DOL version also gets animation LP its really stupid Also am i the only one that dislike Sophias Hair bun and her face expression, i usually love Sophias face expression but this one in particular looks very weird

Reactions: RCC14 and Beowulf72

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
I haven't seen the fine print, but I doubt any of the Patreon tier support "rewards" or stated goals delineated by devs in their updates, etc. constitute a contract, in any legally recognized sense. Though I guess we won't know until someone decides they want to try and sue. If we're going to sue a dev, though, can we start with ICSTOR and leave Lust & Passion alone?

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
I haven't seen the fine print, but I doubt any of the Patreon tier support "rewards" or stated goals delineated by devs in their updates, etc. constitute a contract, in any legally recognized sense. Though I guess we won't know until someone decides they want to try and sue. If we're going to sue a dev, though, can we start with ICSTOR and leave Lust & Passion alone?
5r5bno.png
And my amicus brief.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes