tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I couldn't understand the movement of this graph

I couldn't understand how 400 sponsors could make the same move.
And it didn't feel human to unsubscribe and renew the same date.

This is because cancellation and renewal are virtually meaningless.

So for a while, I wondered if there was a trick to Patreon's statistics method.

Then, this time, I found the answer.

About 1,600 people pay by card, and about 400 people use PayPal.

I don't know how PayPal and Patreon's payment system are linked, but there is currently no way to explain the movement of the graph other than this.

So, the LP has 2,000 regular customers, not 1,600, and the LP is earning an average of $7,700 per month.
(Left graph is card user, right graph is total)

This is why LP badmouths his sponsors, tries to block them, repeats lies every year, and delays the story without speeding things up.

Sponsors have to talk to LP, there is no other way.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
So, the LP has 2,000 regular customers, not 1,600, and the LP is earning an average of $7,700 per month.
(Left graph is card user, right graph is total)
You're reading this wrong. The $7,200 are from December 2019, which was the last time L&P displayed his monthly income on Patreon. That was back when he had roughly 900 patrons.

There's also zero indicator as to which payment method anyone is using. It's just that at current, roughly 1600 patrons are supporting him continuously, while others only pledge for a month. Then there's those who drop out entirely and also new supporters.

The graph on the left shows his income from August 2019, while the right one is from December 2019.

We can't see how much L&P is earning every month. Those numbers are old and chances are he's earning twice as much considering he's doubled his patrons since then. The only indicator, which is kinda worthless, can be seen at the very top right on graphtreon, and you can be sure that he's on the higher end of that estimate, if not higher.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
You're reading this wrong. The $7,200 are from December 2019, which was the last time L&P displayed his monthly income on Patreon. That was back when he had roughly 900 patrons.

There's also zero indicator as to which payment method anyone is using. It's just that at current, roughly 1600 patrons are supporting him continuously, while others only pledge for a month. Then there's those who drop out entirely and also new supporters.

The graph on the left shows his income from August 2019, while the right one is from December 2019.

We can't see how much L&P is earning every month. Those numbers are old and chances are he's earning twice as much considering he's doubled his patrons since then. The only indicator, which is kinda worthless, can be seen at the very top right on graphtreon, and you can be sure that he's on the higher end of that estimate, if not higher.
First, Patreon's payment methods include card and PayPal, and the ratio is 7:3.
This ratio is similar to the graph of LP.

Second, I only looked at the payout per partron and the number of partrons.
I didn't look at monthly income.

My guess at $7,700 was due to the number of partrons and the amount paid.

Thirdly, it is not possible to explain why there are two graphs without this reasoning.

Since this is simply speculation, I know I could be wrong at any time.

But I hope you'll give a better interpretation than me, rather than just saying "wrong".

And your explanation cannot explain the movement of 400 people as I mentioned.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes