LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
That being said, L&P's support dropping wouldn't guarantee anything. He could abandon it or work faster. He could drop the game and start something entirely new, who knows. But as I said, the most comfortable way for him right now is to put in the absolute minimum effort possible without losing or gaining support as he makes quite a bit of money the way it is now. Question is how much slower he can get before people actually start dropping like flies. He's pushing that limit every single year again and again by getting slower. This year so far is an absolute joke in terms of released content.
This is very true, it's uncertain what would happen if money started to dry up, he might try to put his best foot forward in an attempt to bring people back or give up entirely, nobody knows...
The only thing certain is that the current situation is not good.

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
After reading some comments here and using my knowledge on L&P I think I've come on to something.

I'll condense it to a spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thy Excellency's annointed words are infallible... Praise the Lord, thee, o'little faith - the Sacred Order of Fallen Sophia.. Ashes to ashes...

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
:FacePalm:

This game has been around since 2017 and from what i'v seen, supporters number is stalling. If his numbers drop, he would have two choices :

1) Make updates faster with less money. Which a lot of "very smart and enlightened karens" in here are claming. ohh if we drop support, he is gonna be faster :KEK:

this dev didn't hire a team with the money he is making right now but he is gonna do it once his income drops drastically ? Suuure why not, pinguins can spit fire too you know :KEK:

2) He will start looking for another source of income (if it is not the case already) , and the delay between updates will get bigger and bigger ( a familiar situation ) , until he drops the project.

Which one do you think it is the most plausible ??

As for the solution don't ask me for one i don't have it, i am not that "enlightened". And i don't care that much to think about it, i just enjoy awam whenever i can and trolling "smart people"
In life we should never accept extortionate dilemmas.

Reactions: Radoslaw Wolf

SuperPerv96

Apr 21, 2018
I think you're missing the bigger picture here. L&P doesn't need a team to work faster. The development of AWAM is getting slower EVERY single year, that is a fact. And so the point some people are making is that if L&P's support drops, he might start working more again to gain the lost and/or new subscribers back.

But as you said, the numbers are stalling, meaning neither do they increase or decrease really, and so he can comfortably release a single PD every 2 years while working less and eventually become a millionaire with minimal effort. If you don't believe it, check the several readily available statistics for the amount of content released on a yearly basis, render/day counts and so on.

That being said, L&P's support dropping wouldn't guarantee anything. He could abandon it or work faster. He could drop the game and start something entirely new, who knows. But as I said, the most comfortable way for him right now is to put in the absolute minimum effort possible without losing or gaining support as he makes quite a bit of money the way it is now. Question is how much slower he can get before people actually start dropping like flies. He's pushing that limit every single year again and again by getting slower. This year so far is an absolute joke in terms of released content.
The thing is that its like a frog in a pot of boiling water, LP has been slowing the development of the game gradually so we become used to it, so we say its normal, thats LP, so even when the development speed reaches an update every 4 or 6 months the patrons will accepted it and say normal and remain in the boiling water

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Will accelerating production speed increase paid users for authors? :WaitWhat:
When people buy lottery tickets, everyone wins, when people own their own business, everyone succeeds, when people become office workers, everyone becomes a CEO?

If he speeds up his work, at least one of the reasons he's being criticized will be gone.

Sadly, not everyone succeeds just because everyone works hard.

However, if the restaurant is kept clean, customers will like it, if the food tastes good, customers will like it, if the owner of the restaurant is kind, customers will like it, and if the interior is good, customers will like it.

And if he does this, the restaurant will be more likely to have more customers.

Jan 20, 2022
When people buy lottery tickets, everyone wins, when people own their own business, everyone succeeds, when people become office workers, everyone becomes a CEO?

If he speeds up his work, at least one of the reasons he's being criticized will be gone.

Sadly, not everyone succeeds just because everyone works hard.

However, if the restaurant is kept clean, customers will like it, if the food tastes good, customers will like it, if the owner of the restaurant is kind, customers will like it, and if the interior is good, customers will like it.

And if he does this, the restaurant will be more likely to have more customers.
Many customers not only refuse to consume, but also demand that the boss increase investment :FacePalm:

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Many customers not only refuse to consume, but also demand that the boss increase investment :FacePalm:
Because the boss is running the restaurant wrong.

First, this boss is unfriendly to customers.
This boss uses harsh words and insults his customers, even though the customers are subscription members.

Secondly, this boss promised to provide food within an hour, but he is not being kept, and now it is over 4 hours.

Thirdly, so the subscription members suggested to the boss to hire an employee to shorten the time, and the boss said he would accept the words, but this is also not being followed.

Fourth, this boss is reusing food.
And that too, so blatantly that people can know it so easily.

Boycott is both a legitimate right of consumers and a form of expression.

L0b0ts

Feb 22, 2021
Everyone calm down, having a dig at the game is one thing but this is getting way to personal the developer of L&P is not your slave, if people are patreons and are not happy unsubscribe and leave a comment on the way out.

Nick198

Apr 24, 2021
As long as everyone's criticism is justified and not unreasonable life attacks, he must accept it, rather than relying on the navy to maintain his own face :cautious:

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Everyone calm down, having a dig at the game is one thing but this is getting way to personal the developer of L&P is not your slave, if people are patreons and are not happy unsubscribe and leave a comment on the way out.
Whenever I see people who talk like this, I wonder if they have any work experience or have ever paid for a product.

they are not slaves
So they have a responsibility.

They are responsible for satisfying the audience who paid their admission to the concert.

And also, they have a responsibility to listen to the complaints of people outside the concert.
(Parking, noise, order, traffic congestion, venue, concert content...)

All the moral and legal problems you experience in society, he has to deal with the same.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes