Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Hi poopers!
i've red somewhere that l&p wanted to sue pixil (pixel?...), the author of awam's fan games: is this true or is this just one of l&p's many myths? is it then, how did it turn out? did he really sue him? and was there a trial or some such crap or at least legal actions about it?
It would't be surprising. It seems Pixil opened a Patreon and I think I saw a post about his AWAM fan art on it.

If L&P thinks Pixil wants to earn money with "his" creation, he won't like it for sure. Exactly like with Westpod few years ago.

Now what can he really do? :unsure:

Reactions: Dan5k74

pedroDlara

Aug 10, 2022
He should sue for finding someone more capable and efficient than the creator of the thing himself! This game and script are already becoming a pain in the ass! Taking the time to make the most of this is his prerogative, others create versions with more objectivity and quality, too, and he must be mature and understand this consequence. The important thing is that at the end of a few years from now all these figures and characters will be completely irrelevant and ostracized, they should enjoy and take advantage of the brief moment of bravado.

Reactions: JWick06

athreusclouds

Oct 8, 2023
Most likely L&P wanted to use Sophia's [A] version, however, his sponsors did not support this opinion and now he is angry.
After all, the "greatest master in the industry" now will have to lose his energy to lobby and explain his decision in front of his church fan/atics (who have started to get rowdy lately) before he officially ignores their opinion once again.

I will not be surprised if he will be rude to them and even accuse them of something.
Will advise them to buy glasses, a new monitor or tell his followers that they don't understand his creativity.

Why L&P wants to use Sophia's [A] version?
Because version C is the previous Sophia and version B is worse than version A.
It is also possible that he will create a new, another one model as something in between ver. A and ver. C.

Last edited:

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
I don't know what he expected putting different skin colors. I did a color correction, so all the skins can look similar to the real Sophia.

View attachment 3336453
Jack has been hanging out in the wings on this one largely because the consumer (we who enjoy the story) have to pay the price in terms of a character with inconsistent appearance due to mismanagement of the supplier (L&P). It feels much like the outrageously high energy bill Californians receive each month. Upon reading the cost breakdown a full third of the bill is to pay for importing out-of-state energy that is only necessary because the current administration shut down the power generation facilities in-state. Comparatively, L&P took so long to tell his story the model is now incompatible with the current presentation software.
Having said this Jack will now dispense his mind on this...choice.
A big part of the appeal this story has for many is the character that is meant to be central to the telling of it. In addition to what the character thinks, says and does it is the appearance of that character that is supposed to reflect the pursuits and experiences that has brought said character to the story we are reading over the last several years. Beyond the physical beauty Sophia possesses her face should reflect those experiences (which in her case are extreme.)
Sophia is a high-achieving academic who has spent thousands of hours considering non-trivial concepts. Over time this begins to play upon the face (particularly in the eyes) giving the person an intelligent look. Although in real life looks can be deceiving the audience expects that depicting look in their fictional character. From where Jack is standing choice A followed by C have this look while B conveys esoteric thought.
Sophia is a hard-trained athlete who has maintained her condition over the years. This training leans out the face in a way that simple dieting does not. Choice C far and away has that athletic look in the jaw and around the mouth that A and B lacks.
Choice A has the most motherly look of the three, however with the character of Sophia there must be a look of remote self-denial. This introspection is not due to a short-term expression, but rather is etched over time in her face. It is this outward reflection of the unsatiated hunger in her face that encourages other characters to approach her with romantic intent. L&P has achieved this subtle sweet spot in model C, and it is this attribute that strongly contributes to the believability that L&P hopes to achieve. Yes, these are all subtle aspects in the character's appearance and the affect may be subliminal for many. However, the affect is very real in the receiving of the story being told. If L&P loses the sweet spot in his new model then much of Sophia's appeal will be lost with it, and again the customer pays the price for the mismanagement of the supplier.
Jack.

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Oh, i see... but just wait for a sec: did l&p really sue him or did he just want to?
In the case of Westpod, he threatened to sue him because he thought he used AWAM fanart on his Patreon. But in the end, it wasn't the case and L&P told Westpod he can do all fanart he wanted (he still stopped and that's a loss. He made great renders).

So the trigger is L&P thinking that someone is making money with AWAM "brand".

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
In the case of Westpod, he threatened to sue him because he thought he used AWAM fanart on his Patreon. But in the end, it wasn't the case and L&P told Westpod he can do all fanart he wanted (he still stopped and that's a loss. He made great renders).

So the trigger is L&P thinking that someone is making money with AWAM "brand".
What nonsense?
Sophia's model is publicly available, like many others from his game. What's the plagiarism here? The only thing that can be plagians is their first and last names, although why didn’t Stoper sue LP for using the surname Parker and the creators of Spider-Man didn’t do it either! :ROFLMAO:
"Brand" xd/

Last edited:

athreusclouds

Oct 8, 2023
As far as i know on january of this year no lawsuits have been filed against Pixil because judging someone for creating fan art and distributing it for free is nonsense. If we turn the topic towards the recently created Pixil's patreon then i asure you that Pixil was aware that he better (just in case) not post works on his patreon that have direct mentions, titles, terms like - A wife and mother, AWAM and alike.

Based on this, the question naturally arises - for what reason can LP sue him?
Because their characters in some way are similar in appearance and have the same names?
I don't know if that's will be enough for a trial? If it is - Why didn't then LP sue two other projects based on awam that are successfully present on the patreon and earn money? Further more. When suing someone, you must be sure that you yourself will not receive a counterclaim. And that's where LP could have problems.

For example, were all the models or assets in the game that LP creates - legally purchased from their creators?
Can he prove it? Will he be able to provide (checks) proof of purchase of all these resources?

For some reason, i doubt it)

And that's not all.
Why would LP waste his time on all this shit anyway?
Does he have nothing else better to do then to sue someone?
Does he have too much free time to sue those who actually advertise his game for free?
A game that he has yet to complete? Does he have too much extra money to pay a lawyer?

That's the way things are, folks.

Last edited:

drax 4998

Mar 27, 2021
Sophia's upgrade............................?
Poll Update.

View attachment 3335569
View attachment 3335571
Do you all really think he gone change Sophia bases on this vote??
Like what if the majority vots goes to A did he really going to change his milking cow like real cow(++thick)
Where his sophia current model is doing absolutely perfect no need to change he just need to upgrades that gen or whatever

This all about just for keep perton interest in game or not on the game progress (like he wants to show like he is trying very hard to make this game for you(Partons))

L&P is like that kide who want everything perfect but reality is that not everything can be perfect
Like his story about 30 day (1 month)
A pure hearted wife or mother trun in to sult who going to fuck by everyone (main / side main/ important character) in the town like really
This game is about fantasy (step mom/cheting/blackmailing..etc) and here L&P try to make it like reality in real world that can't be happen

marcoelho

Oct 2, 2017
It would't be surprising. It seems Pixil opened a Patreon and I think I saw a post about his AWAM fan art on it.

If L&P thinks Pixil wants to earn money with "his" creation, he won't like it for sure. Exactly like with Westpod few years ago.

Now what can he really do? :unsure:
he can change the names of the characters and game... because all those models are made by DAZ artists (if you have the model you can use it), so he only change the names and he can still make his stories... theres other guy making a game based in this one, but he used different models (his model is actually ugly) and names and changed the story after to some more crazy stuff (alien stuff too hahaha)... but since its DAZ models, and not 3d models made by an specific artist who sold only to L&P, he can make his game using the same models... we see this here in almost all games... and I must say, those "devs" need to look more cause we have a lot of different DAZ models and more realistic even here in this forum... and a lot of them are way better than the sofia model.

itsjasey

Mar 29, 2018
L&P has announced, the next version of game will be on Apple vision pro only. So you don't miss any pixel of Sophia's ass!

• Haha
Reactions: RCC14

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Based on this, the question naturally arises - for what reason can LP sue him?
Because their characters in some way are similar in appearance and have the same names?
I don't know if that's will be enough for a trial? If it is - Why didn't then LP sue two other projects based on awam that are successfully present on the patreon and earn money? Further more. When suing someone, you must be sure that you yourself will not receive a counterclaim. And that's where LP could have problems.
He can't sue anyone. I mean he could, but that would be his own downfall considering how much illegal stuff is in his game. From copyrighted fashion brands, movies and logos to incest and content involving underage characters depicted in sexual activities, distributing his real (ToS breaking) game through Patreon while using DoL as a front. He'd be in all kinds of trouble, and so the mere thought for L&P to sue someone is laughable. The fact that he's threatened to sue before is a massive joke, and people should just tell him to shut his piehole and walk away.

Sonny86

Feb 25, 2021
L&P: choose which one you like most A,B,C
almost everyone: C
L&P: well C is the original and it's old and i personally don't like it ,so i'm gonna choose A or B
everyone
: then why make a pool if you gonna choose and not us
L&P
: Listen i want to change the character but people will blame me so i want you my loyal patreons of your own accord
to choose A or B so you take the Fall and not me. OK

this is how this is going and we shall wait to see how it's end so to all the patreons don't be manipulated i know that you like the game that why you are still supporting it so whichever you think is the best character choose it yourself and don't let someone make the choice for you.
What a total waste of time!!! Is he nuts? Just work on moving the story along!!!! Everyone loves the way characters look!!! Get your head out of your ass and get to work!!!

Reactions: weezal

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
distributing his real (ToS breaking) game through Patreon while using DoL as a front.
That's the one thing about AWAM that doesn't worry me.

BTW I've read an answer from Steam (not concerning AWAM) with the Steam guy litteraly discussing about not giving access to "wrong" stuff directly through Steam (like their forum, ...).

It's amazing how these 2 platforms (Patreon/Steam) don't care at all as long as it's clean on the facade :LOL:

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes