naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Well, a good game also needs elements that are more or less forced upon a player, otherwise no good story can develop. The idea of simply switching off everything you don't like would only lead to AWAM being a bunch of side stories that have no connection to each other. I think that would be pretty boring.

I don't see the problem with Aiden in the connection to the story with Dylan, but in the fact that Aiden simply comes across as far too implausible as a villain. Aiden doesn't really have any serious power, but acts as if the whole world has to be subservient to him. There are endless possibilities for Sophia to take away Aidens influence on Dylan and make the whole story fall apart. The idea that Sophia would agree to a whole series of increasingly absurd tasks just doesn't fit. Well, I think it would have been better to have only one bad guy in AWAM and here I would have seen this mafia boss type who at least halfway comes across as someone who has power.

Ultimately, a game that has so many people playing it can't have the ideal story for everyone. I think a little flexibility is required here.
the problem with renpy vn is its not just some codes where you can program it differently with input and get auto outputs. for every path you make, you need extra renders to make. so if they have 4 different paths open, and if they want to progress it with at least 100 renders each. then theres 400 renders per update. so if a player only play with one path, he may see 100 renders per update. but dev has to make 400 renders. so either the dev create less renders for each path in a update, or he creates more renders but only one path. thats where l&p stucked. as a player we are not seeing any progress, because every update its just different path. if he keeps it linear and run with single path, it may be faster but not enjoyable.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes