proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Honest review

The content is varied from good to great. It will turn people off as it's looking like another huge blue ball simulator but for people like me, I love that shit. Build up is handled exceptionally well and the incest is probably the best handled incest i've seen in a game thus far.

Main issue is the length given how long this took to make. Frankly, i'm given the developer a pass. He released this game in late October and since then completely moved it onto a new engine and added around 20-30 minutes of new content within 3~ months.

Another issue is how it really does look like you are forced to choose the "filthy" options otherwise you get some pretty underwhelming content as a whole. This is why there should be more sexual content with the husband if you follow the good route so that both routes are satisfying. It defeats the purpose of multiple choice.

So I guess we wait for 0.03, because most good games with potential have strong initial builds. It's when they start tapering off and when the developer starts missing deadlines that the problems start to arise.

TL;DR - Great start, cautiously optimistic for the next version.
There should definitely be more content for "good wife" route.
I think that most of players would welcome lesbian and incest content for MC, NTR not so much. "Filthy" husband cheating stuff could be left for her sister Patricia.
As I mentioned in my other comment, it would be nice if game shifts, from time to time, to other family members.
Husband at work (Liam and CEO's young daughter, maybe she is going to business trip with him), daughter partying with her GF's, son's interactions with new babysitter or with Sam's mom etc.
It appears that game has great potential. Now that things with game engine have been settled, I have great expectations for this game.

Reactions: Xaos and Argox
May 16, 2017
Huge amount of content for .2 version. Renders are great but story is rather linear. I know that wife is MC but it would be great if game would shift story around other characters. Liam's interactions at work for example, looks like there is something between him and CEO's younger daughter. Son possibly spying at Sam's mom, daughter partying with her friends etc.
Looks like very promising game worth supporting. Darn, I just added few pledges last 2 weeks.
^^^this.... and I thought about pledging after a very nice .1, and just did for a pretty well done .2

Of course mileage and pledging may vary on how the updates are delivered. As I always do, I'll up my pledge when/if the schedule is consistent and if the quality of renders and writing stays high. Liking the pace so far... a little slow, but I would rather a little slow than wham bam just banged everyone in town and it is only .2
And I don't grade on English LOL. If I did most games would fail.
my 1 satoshi worth.

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
hurray and another game in which you will never have sex just like in the tyrant (ok you become a hj in this game) boring points farming for ... for ... yes for what actually? I mean the game looks really great is interesting apart from the really annoying black transition fades that are so incredibly exaggerated
long and you can not click away man imagine an action movie before a punch 30sec black picture or a shootout after each shot 30 sec black transitional image .......
I'm curious what the nights update brings except no sex so even naked boobs or pussy is hardly to see at most a butt
Well, we hope malö on the next update for the game if it is still fsk12 ^ ^

arnel19702017

Dec 5, 2017
love it! nice slow burn, getting to know the characters, amazing visuals, love there personalities, but for the love of all the gods no Eric character down the line please. AVE to the Devs/artisans that made the game possible.
(I wonder where the MC will get that gift she wanted at the end of the day......)

Downhilldown

Dec 6, 2017
one really big problem with this game i smell it will drown it self with the speed of development. If you look at the tags for this game and play these 2 updates, you see almost nothing, lol. Some people will say well yeah, nice slow burn, super quality HD images. Um yeah, but we are all here to see juicy content, right? if i want to see hd images or super story i can always go to see some movie in theatre or play fckin Witcher 3 :tf:. We will see...

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
One thing that i Didnt like upon replaying Is that the sluttypoints dont do much, My MC now has 27 or 28 slutty points but is acting as the same prude as before a slutty scene, that is inconsistent. She doesnt loose up in attitude, i mean turn around when changing with her sister in the gym? Come on? IT will probably take about 1000 slutty points before sucking another dick than ger husband. Its alittle too lingwinded in places other than that great game

Jozef Minge

Aug 28, 2017
I like this game very much. I like the way the dev is teasing us and I think that the long wait for this update is worth it! Fantastic work!!!

Reactions: proximus

lesbiaN7ncest

Jun 8, 2017
One thing that i Didnt like upon replaying Is that the sluttypoints dont do much, My MC now has 27 or 28 slutty points but is acting as the same prude as before a slutty scene, that is inconsistent. She doesnt loose up in attitude, i mean turn around when changing with her sister in the gym? Come on? IT will probably take about 1000 slutty points before sucking another dick than ger husband. Its alittle too lingwinded in places other than that great game
Having done two (almost) extreme playthroughs so far, you do kind of have a point. While there are certain scenes and options that will not even unlock unless you've got a certain amount of points, there isn't much variation in the dialogue itself. Might be nice in future updates if there was a slight variation in the dialogue if the points where at a certain level, even if the circumstances didn't change that much otherwise. That wouldn't require different renders and thus be a too much of a time sink for the developer (who is already getting some flack for too many instrument-related renders in this latest update) but would at least provide the basic concept that perhaps the MC's mindset is changing at least a little more in a more corrupt playthrough vs. a "good wife" one.

Even just having some dialogue cut from a more corrupt playthrough could work, which would essentially mean less content to a degree for those taking that route, but if the only difference is the MC having one screen of doubt vs. lingering on her doubts (like she often tends to I've noticed) over three or four screens it would serve in making the MC at least seem slightly more willing to consider these options. It'd probably even out in the end as the purer playthrough will often have less actual "meaningful" content in general anyway, so why not have it so that "Pure Wife" has more scenes where she's doubting such things going around her while a sluttier MC might just question it once and move on?

U

User_2668

Honest review

The content is varied from good to great. It will turn people off as it's looking like another huge blue ball simulator but for people like me, I love that shit. Build up is handled exceptionally well and the incest is probably the best handled incest i've seen in a game thus far.

Main issue is the length given how long this took to make. Frankly, i'm given the developer a pass. He released this game in late October and since then completely moved it onto a new engine and added around 20-30 minutes of new content within 3~ months.

Another issue is how it really does look like you are forced to choose the "filthy" options otherwise you get some pretty underwhelming content as a whole. This is why there should be more sexual content with the husband if you follow the good route so that both routes are satisfying. It defeats the purpose of multiple choice.

So I guess we wait for 0.03, because most good games with potential have strong initial builds. It's when they start tapering off and when the developer starts missing deadlines that the problems start to arise.

TL;DR - Great start, cautiously optimistic for the next version.
pretty much this.

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
We waited for this for a long time and it was worth it. The developer still has a long way to go. But even now the game is already wonderful.

Reactions: Shadde03

rachelrising

Sep 25, 2017
At the guitar lesson, when i choose the option to tease Sam a little, i get this error:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10535, in script
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10535, in <module>
NameError: name 'Day2_spied_on_Dylan_Sam' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10535, in script
  File "C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\A_Wife_And_Mother-002-pc (1)\A_Wife_And_Mother-0.02-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\A_Wife_And_Mother-002-pc (1)\A_Wife_And_Mother-0.02-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\A_Wife_And_Mother-002-pc (1)\A_Wife_And_Mother-0.02-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10535, in <module>
NameError: name 'Day2_spied_on_Dylan_Sam' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
A Wife And Mother Vers. 0.02 0.02

Anyone know what's up with this?

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes