LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Obviously if you're playing all the Filthy options you're going to have a greater chance of Sophia being horny. I wasn't denying that. Only your assertion that we're all playing the same route(s) as you, for the same reasons.

Alternate dialogue actually does happen in the game. Digging through the code of the Yoga event you can see that Sophia's inner dialogue changes based on how many times Sophia flashes her tits.

Also happens in the Prison event, with dialogue changes based on how recently Sophia slept with Liam. Since it's possible for her to sleep with Liam the night before, she's not feeling as constantly horny and unfulfilled as a purely Filthy route run.

There's also extra dialogue on the Ellie route of her commenting on how nice and quiet it is with Dylan off at boarding school. And, as I've been reminded recently, her now having the opportunity to do some nude sunbathing with Dylan away.

Why L&P seems to neglect this for some routes and not others is curious though.
The "of course you are playing the whore route" was a joke, though i suspect it indeed is the most popular choice, obviously not to everyone's taste.
You can make her horny for a few particular characters, for women only or for EVERYTHING.
If you do play a everything route, her lack of self awareness is shocking...
And i'm waiting for her mind to catchup, she keeps enjoying it, she's horny 24/7 now, yet she's still surprised that she got turned on by it.

We can only have "wow this was actually pretty exciting" so many times....

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I think maybe the real problem is that AWAM is often played in such a way that even though you're controlling Sophia, you're actually playing against her character. Sophia is not filthy and has no inner motivation to change that. So you make the decisions like in a mind control game, contrary to what Sophia would actually do.

Just compare that to "Jessica O'Neil's Hard News" for example, were the main charakter has motives to live out her sexuality or even generally to use this as kind of a weapon. This is a perspective in which a female main character works to bring the game alive.

In AWAM, the main stories Shophia/Dylan/Amber/Sam and Sophia/Dylan/Ellie/Liam etc. (if you leave out all the side stories e.g. the old guys) are interesting in itself, while the perspective is often a hindrance. That's why I think it's so good that L&P lets Dylan take the perspective more often. For example, the event in the pool between Dylan and Amber would have been impossible without Dylan's perspective and also the competition between Dylan and Sam only really gains weight through Dylan's point of view. This is in large part because Dyan (and also Sam) have goals they are pursuing, while Sophia is actually quite directionless.
That Sophia has little to no agency currently is precisely why she needs more focus, not less. Much of my current frustration in waiting for content on my playthrough is that during the last Ellie shower (about 2 years ago) some of that agency was starting to show - it wasn't just about Sophia being sexually frustrated and Ellie taking advantage of it, but Sophia starting to enjoy the experience and initiate.

That Dylan can have numerous events a day is also a hindrance, since it's not the protagonist alone with her thoughts. It might just be because her morning routine in my playthrough was a half-dozen renders that I noticed, but having a few more renders of Sophia in the shower mulling over the previous days events would have been nice.
The "of course you are playing the whore route" was a joke, though i suspect it indeed is the most popular choice, obviously not to everyone's taste.
You can make her horny for a few particular characters, for women only or for EVERYTHING.
If you do play a everything route, her lack of self awareness is shocking...
And i'm waiting for her mind to catchup, she keeps enjoying it, she's horny 24/7 now, yet she's still surprised that she got turned on by it.

We can only have "wow this was actually pretty exciting" so many times....
If we assume those wanting Sophia to be a whore are also those playing Aiden's tasks for that aspect of the game, I don't believe it's actually that many. The amount of posts from people glad to be rid of Aiden with the last Morello event should tell you that.

Those with numbers can be more precise, but I believe Aiden only has about 100 - 150 votes. Also helps that the polls are often run just after his events. With no Aiden events for the next 5 years, I do wonder if his popularity will stand the test of time.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
That Sophia has little to no agency currently is precisely why she needs more focus, not less. Much of my current frustration in waiting for content on my playthrough is that during the last Ellie shower (about 2 years ago) some of that agency was starting to show - it wasn't just about Sophia being sexually frustrated and Ellie taking advantage of it, but Sophia starting to enjoy the experience and initiate.

That Dylan can have numerous events a day is also a hindrance, since it's not the protagonist alone with her thoughts. It might just be because her morning routine in my playthrough was a half-dozen renders that I noticed, but having a few more renders of Sophia in the shower mulling over the previous days events would have been nice.
It is the characters around Sophia that drive the story forward, not Sophia herself. Also, please remember, AWAM is about Sophia and her role as wife and mother. It only makes sense that Dylan and Ellie get more space here. Also, I think it's good to bring Dylan forward even a bit more. After all he has to seduce both his mother and his sister. That takes time. :LOL:

Sorry, but the stories around Dylan make the whole game worth playing from my point of view. Even Sam only gains weight in the story through his role as a competitor to Dylan. Without Dylan, AWAM just wouldn't work. He has the best overarching stories next to Sophia. I'm even curious to see the story between Dylan and Ellie accelerates.

If we assume those wanting Sophia to be a whore are also those playing Aiden's tasks for that aspect of the game, I don't believe it's actually that many. The amount of posts from people glad to be rid of Aiden with the last Morello event should tell you that.

Those with numbers can be more precise, but I believe Aiden only has about 100 - 150 votes. Also helps that the polls are often run just after his events. With no Aiden events for the next 5 years, I do wonder if his popularity will stand the test of time.
Aiden is just another example of Sophia always only being reactive in this game and not having any motivation of her own. If this story would have been told from Dylan's perspective (using the initial concept) it would had a lot more potential. For example, if Dylan (and therefore the player) had been given the option to start or aviod this story arc from the beginning, this would have happened out of a self-motivation (from Dylan to corrup his mother or to keep his mother to himself and find other ways ...). If L&P would have kept this story shorter (max. 2 tasks), this would have really allowed for a lot of entanglement and interesting story telling, without wasting too much time.

Aynway, My problem with Aiden is that I just don't buy his gangster persona. Let alone the fact that Sophia as a teacher at the school is displayed as someone that has no way to defend herself and Dylan is unbelievable at best. I find all the gangsters in AWAM sort of out of place and unnecessary.

sept0342

Sep 22, 2017
You are right. But we should also consider that Sam's release (v0.175) then slowed its pace because of the animations and also because of that thing about merging the two scenes he said it took some time (and he never explained). If what he said about having already prepared everything for the animation(s) so that they can be worked in parallel is true, then **maybe** this one will have a more "steady" pace. We will see.
Here is the % progress wrt the production days (counting from the first post with a change in % to have a common baseline for all) where I highlighted the current v0.185 and Sam's v0.175 for reference.

View attachment 2432738

The other question is the number of renders for this event. Since this time he planned ahead he should already have a good ballpark of the size of the event.
If we play the usual game of trying to guess the final number of renders from the graph of the number of renders Vs production days to align the different "paces", here are some hypothesis for

250 renders (it would be a very slow pace in terms of render/days)
View attachment 2432748

300 renders (it would be aligned or close to the previous release v0.180 which had all the problems we know in terms of production)
View attachment 2432750

350 renders (it would be getting closer to the past releases)
View attachment 2432753

400 (it **seems** a reasonable amount for a pace in his previous standard)
View attachment 2432754

450 (another record breaking release? It would be close to v0.175, at least initially because the latter then had a change in pace)
View attachment 2432756

So something in between 400 and 450? Another big one? :unsure:
What did you use to make this?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xxxorro

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
What did you use to make this?
You mean the graphs? I collect the data in a google sheet and those are just graphs made with google sheet with the different hypothesis for the number of renders.

The lower (300) and upper (400) bounds he gave make sense as they enclose most of the recent releases:
1678032333167.png

But let's not forget his capacity of underestimating the final number of renders. For v0.180 when we were around 60%CS - 60%RS he said "maybe 200?" and in the end they were 290. And we all remember the incredibly growing number of renders for Sam's event.
So, as usual, it's an academic exercise to be taken with a lot of grains of salt ;)

Last edited:

sept0342

Sep 22, 2017
You mean the graphs? I collect the data in a google sheet and those are just graphs made with google sheet with the different hypothesis for the number of renders.

The lower (300) and upper (400) bounds he gave make sense as they enclose most of the recent releases:

But let's not forget his capacity of underestimating the final number of renders. For v0.180 when we were around 60%CS - 60%RS he said "maybe 200?" and in the end they were 290. And we all remember the incredibly growing number of renders for Sam's event.
So, as usual, it's an academic exercise to be taken with a lot of grains of salt ;)
Do you collect all the data? wow man, kudos to you

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
It is the characters around Sophia that drive the story forward, not Sophia herself. Also, please remember, AWAM is about Sophia and her role as wife and mother. It only makes sense that Dylan and Ellie get more space here. Also, I think it's good to bring Dylan forward even a bit more. After all he has to seduce both his mother and his sister. That takes time. :LOL:

Sorry, but the stories around Dylan make the whole game worth playing from my point of view. Even Sam only gains weight in the story through his role as a competitor to Dylan. Without Dylan, AWAM just wouldn't work. He has the best overarching stories next to Sophia. I'm even curious to see the story between Dylan and Ellie accelerates.
Except that your argument is for Dylan "and Ellie" to get more space, as wife and mother. For this argument to be valid, Ellie should be getting roughly the same screentime as Dylan. She is roughly as popular as Dylan, yet Dylan has his own bonus storyline, own POV etc that only detract from her personal storyline. And Sophia's.
Aiden is just another example of Sophia always only being reactive in this game and not having any motivation of her own. If this story would have been told from Dylan's perspective (using the initial concept) it would had a lot more potential. For example, if Dylan (and therefore the player) had been given the option to start or aviod this story arc from the beginning, this would have happened out of a self-motivation (from Dylan to corrup his mother or to keep his mother to himself and find other ways ...). If L&P would have kept this story shorter (max. 2 tasks), this would have really allowed for a lot of entanglement and interesting story telling, without wasting too much time.

Aynway, My problem with Aiden is that I just don't buy his gangster persona. Let alone the fact that Sophia as a teacher at the school is displayed as someone that has no way to defend herself and Dylan is unbelievable at best. I find all the gangsters in AWAM sort of out of place and unnecessary.
So a Dylan storyline is taking away from Sophia being the proper MC. Again, that's an argument for less Dylan content, not more. Not complete removal, but enough to let her be more reactive.

3.20 star(s) 478 Votes