roro

May 29, 2017
Everybody here so busy talking about how much they hate L&P's preview policy (which is admittedly unusual)...

Why the heck is nobody talking about story?
I don't know about anyone else but that's the thing that keeps me coming back to this game.

The magazine cover is hella' interesting, it's more risqué than I would expect from Sophia and the cover text does point to even sexier pictures inside - given the assumption that the magazine (and presumably the photo-shoot behind it) comes from a discussion about how she lost her virginity.
Was Sophia's first time with some older photographer guy who took advantage of her? It could definitely inform her somewhat frigid nature when we meet her at the start of the game.

Liam's gambling problem was first mentioned on Day One, just to setup the Morello storyline coming later.
You know what else was mentioned early on? Sophia forbidding Ellie from taking any kind of modelling work until she's finished her schooling, we may soon (in like 7 weeks) find out that Sophia made that judgement from personal experience.

On top of that - this sets up a much different picture to how I had been imagining Sophia's 'First-Time' story turning out.
I had assumed it would be a high-school fling in her teenage bedroom; parents away, invites the cool guy from class over to 'study', he's charming and respectful at first then turns coercive and mean when she starts backing out (like a late 90's/early-2000's version of Aiden) and that becomes the negative formative experience that sets her up to become the somewhat frigid woman we meet later.

Anyone else wanna offer some speculation about what story progression we'll see in this update?
It was suggested in the teaser's post that Dylan found those pictures of Sophia from the Internet.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jude6

qinqingbin

Oct 25, 2018
I don't think L$P is going to make it through this game that spans more than 10 years, ai's ability to write stories and draw pictures is accelerating, and maybe in 2 years, not many people will care about it anymore.

Reactions: 2016er
Jul 28, 2017
It's not moving because he needs to hit his bullshit target of ready at the end of next month and he's well in front. Take that he said at the start of the cycle the reason for his bullshit 2 weeks off was to set up the 2nd half of the update so the animator could get a head start. And we all applauded how that would clearly speed up the 2nd half of this update. So how's that working out?.....

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
It's not moving because he needs to hit his bullshit target of ready at the end of next month and he's well in front. Take that he said at the start of the cycle the reason for his bullshit 2 weeks off was to set up the 2nd half of the update so the animator could get a head start. And we all applauded how that would clearly speed up the 2nd half of this update. So how's that working out?.....
We also shouldn't forget that from more than 25 releases,only 2 times he made it at last day of the month or the day before that.In other cases he simply put the release next month.

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
It was suggested in the teaser's post that Dylan found those pictures of Sophia from the Internet.
Yeah, I should have read the post text more closely the first time.

Now it's seeming more like they're trading stories - she tells him how she lost her virginity and he tells her about the magazine he found while googling her name.

Or maybe the magazine reveal comes first?
It could contain a little 'Get to know the cover model' interview (magazines from the early 2000's like Nuts, Zoo & FHM would do that sometimes) where Sophia tells a raunchy story about losing her virginity, Dylan read it eagerly and has been burning to find out if it's true. This then prompts Sophia to dispel his fantasy by telling him the real story.

Reactions: roro
3.20 star(s) 478 Votes