yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
What a lot of folks don't get about game production is sometimes good quality takes time. Adding more people to the team, or getting better hardware won't always make things come out that much faster.

It's like... If you gather 9 pregnant women together that doesn't mean you can just pop out a baby every single month... The pizza said it should be cooked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Can't we just cook it at 4,000 degrees for 2 minutes instead? No...

I_Love_Moms

Nov 3, 2019
What a lot of folks don't get about game production is sometimes good quality takes time. Adding more people to the team, or getting better hardware won't always make things come out that much faster.

It's like... If you gather 9 pregnant women together that doesn't mean you can just pop out a baby every single month... The pizza said it should be cooked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Can't we just cook it at 4,000 degrees for 2 minutes instead? No...
I believe most people here don't complain about the development time and the time between updates. The issue is the slow progress in the game. The game has been out for four years, and it has had at least 8-10 updates. It has a lot of content in terms of images. But sex-wise, not even a handjob on the filthy route. That's what, I reckon, is the biggest problem — dead slow progress.

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I believe most people here don't complain about the development time and the time between updates. The issue is the slow progress in the game. The game has been out for four years, and it has had at least 8-10 updates. It has a lot of content in terms of images. But sex-wise, not even a handjob on the filthy route. That's what, I reckon, is the biggest problem — dead slow progress.
You are absolutely wrong on this. It is the development pace everyone hates. The in game progress is what is loved and is the reason for the popularity of this game and that's what sets it apart. Using the number of updates or years in the development as basis for telling that a particular kind of content should be in the game is not logical. If you are going to use that as a benchmark then L&P could complete the next 7 game days all together and give an update in 6 years and then you won't have a problem since where there is no handjob in 8-10 updates, there will be full on sex in the 11th update but no one here wants that.
To make the corruption believable it has to be slow and well developed

abram1

May 24, 2020
Our beliefs are quite opposite, then.

I'd say that a lion's share of regulars here, let's put it mildly, ain't that happy with the process in general. Some call it milking, others like to bitch about anything for the sake of (put any reason in here).

One thing goes hand in hand with another. It's a freaking closed circle. Faster updates at the cost of quality or PD that takes a year+ to complete? We all know the answer and that's disturbing.

The game is really good but it's nerve wrecking to realize that it might take more than a decade to see the final chapter of the saga.

I_Love_Moms

Nov 3, 2019
You are absolutely wrong on this. It is the development pace everyone hates. The in game progress is what is loved and is the reason for the popularity of this game and that's what sets it apart. Using the number of updates as basis for telling that a particular kind of content should be in the game is not logical. If you are going to use that as a benchmark then L&P could complete the next 7 game days all together and give an update in 6 years and then you won't have a problem since where there is no handjob in 8-10 updates, there will be full on sex in the 11th update but no one here wants that.

To make the corruption believable it ahs to be slow and we'll developed.
Many devs release two or three updates a year, don't they? L&P isn't the only one who does that. The problem, in my opinion, is only 1/3 day per update, making it 1 PD per year if you get three updates. That's what I meant by slow progress, not the slow corruption I believe you're referring to. Of course, if you're referring to 1/3 day per update as slow development, then we're on the same page.

I_Love_Moms

Nov 3, 2019
"The issue is the slow progress in the game"

This is what you wrote. So you are actually referring to the in game story progress whereas that is not the issue.

The issue is development pace in relation to the size of the game. Other Devs are not called out when the only give 3-4 updates is because there story is small and even at Thier pace they will finish it in 5 years max. L&P on the other hand would take 20 years. That is why everyone is unhappy with the development speed since the game will most likely be abandoned, even if it is not, 20 years is a very long Time
I also wrote " It has a lot of content in terms of images. But sex-wise, not even a handjob on the filthy route," which kinda means the same thing that there's a lot of non-erotic content.
That is why everyone is unhappy with the development speed since the game will most likely be abandoned, even if it is not, 20 years is a very long Time ----
Well, then, speeding up the story progress seems to be the only way to finish the game.

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
It's like... If you gather 9 pregnant women together that doesn't mean you can just pop out a baby every single month...
Statisticians will then tell you that it makes an average of 1 baby per month anyway! :ROFLMAO:
Jokes aside, many years ago my professor used that metaphor to explain that there are tasks that cannot be parallelised, I still use it myself to this day to explain the concept. I love it! ;)

Reactions: Sabertooth__

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
That is why everyone is unhappy with the development speed since the game will most likely be abandoned, even if it is not, 20 years is a very long Time
I don't think L&P will abandon the game. In my opinion, the technical development will benefit L&P. He will probably have to keep upgrading but in return, he will get an improvement to then render easier and faster. To maybe also include animations in the game more easily. I don't know exactly how old he is now. But I'm guessing mid/late 20's. Why would he give it up? To start a new one? He would also keep making the game the same as AWAM. I don't see the point in abandoning it.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
It is just that sometimes you get so fed up with a project that you give up and start a new one. He himself in his message addressed that he knows he will burn out eventually or something along the lines and wishes he could find someone on par with him to help in the game.

As for age I guess t3alqdansam here asked him his age and he mentioned 33, but I think it was asked last year
The game is definitely too big for one person. It´s a monster! But it is his peculiarity how he deals with possible support. He probably doesn't believe/trust any other person who works at his eye level. He is a perfectionist. If you google perfectionist, it shows L&P! ;) He should try to shed it a bit. Then his life would be a bit easier.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I don't think L&P will abandon the game. In my opinion, the technical development will benefit L&P. He will probably have to keep upgrading but in return, he will get an improvement to then render easier and faster. To maybe also include animations in the game more easily. I don't know exactly how old he is now. But I'm guessing mid/late 20's. Why would he give it up? To start a new one? He would also keep making the game the same as AWAM. I don't see the point in abandoning it.
Right, people lose touch with reality. If he quits he will take a break for at least 2 years :unsure:
But we have some details, a new apartment and prices are high in Germany, and the income with this game even exceeds the income of a programmer.

Reactions: Hlextor

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Right, people lose touch with reality. If he quits he will take a break for at least 2 years :unsure:
But we have some details, a new apartment and prices are high in Germany, and the income with this game even exceeds the income of a programmer.
I'm betting the dev works more than 40 hours a week. Doesn't get benefits or weekends off.

3.20 star(s) 485 Votes