VN Ren'Py A Wife at Stake [v0.040] [eHellJay]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes
Jun 1, 2017
So.... I have to ask, how much content is really in game now? Excluding the dream or something like that? Is worth downloading or i need to wait for further release that may be or not?

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
Go to sleep !!! Dont force your brain !! if you do that you will put this game "on hold" like the other games !!! Take care of you but not to much !!! ;) ;) ;) ;)
Look!!! I followed your advices!!!!!! And see what happens!!!!!!!!! :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

rlduck

Jan 18, 2021
I have to say I really enjoyed the game so far - but it said it was 4th episode? that was maybe enough for one or two tops - I like the other game too - Could be Worse - but I haven't been much content for it either sadly - The website shown there were 7 episodes that are for the game so far so I'm looking forward to the next ones with this one ending with them kissing - kind of sad really - Thank you to whoever shared it

myZone

Dec 20, 2020
All your other games have a clear pattern where the fmc doesn't give a shit about her husband for some reason. I haven't played this yes but at least make the husband an important character for the wife to make it more dramatic for her to do what she does(cheating) best....

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
So is this game a Hot Wife type thing or does Laura have the option to cheat?
There are 4 routes from the end of episode 5:
  1. In Route 1 (for the impatient), Laura quickly reverts to the young Vincenzo fan she was a few years earlier, and succumbs to the advances of more than just a carnivorous hunk. In fact, it's not impossible that this hunk has a connection with Laura, dating back to their youth together in Naples. As far as F95 is concerned, this will allow guys who have been judgmental since the first episode to say that it's crap and that, once again, the handsome guy with the big cock is stealing the beautiful woman of a companion whose misfortune we will mourn.
  2. Route 2 is (slightly) more subtle. Laura is going to give in, because she's changing, because the city lights and easy money are dazzling her. Why stay poor if you can be rich? On the other hand, she won't necessarily dump her guy. Perhaps there are some happy cuckolds: those who ignore they are. But with the paparazzi constantly after her, the difficulty will be to remain discreet. That may well lead to some nasty situations. But what would adventure be without that? I ask you...
  3. Route 3 will be the favourite for slow burn fans. Laura wants to remain faithful. But it's going to be hard for all sorts of reasons: firstly, Vincenzo is a notorious seducer; secondly, her past (yes, in Naples) is going to turn her upside down; and thirdly, her partner, who proposed to her, is going to become difficult to live with, and is going to show a jealous streak fuelled by... Yes, the tabloids.
  4. In Route 4, there is no longer any Vincenzo. Laura hasn't become an actress, hasn't made much money, and life has remained hard and the work bitter. That's when you can become bitter and feed on regrets. Let's hope that a happy marriage and children will add some colour to the story. But nothing is less certain!
(I translated everything with DeepL on the fly without rereading too much)

Last edited:
Reactions: Malika1234

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
All your other games have a clear pattern where the fmc doesn't give a shit about her husband for some reason. I haven't played this yes but at least make the husband an important character for the wife to make it more dramatic for her to do what she does(cheating) best....
That's the kind of criticism I like: it's not aggressive, but it challenges me. You're right: I have a tendency to neglect the husband, to give him little substance, even though he's an essential part of the drama and the plot. I'm going to give it some serious thought. Thank you so much!(y)

Reactions: myZone

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
The good news is the game is very promising.
The bad news is the game is very promising.
I can't help but appreciate people who have a sense of humour. And these two lines made me laugh, in the context of the discussion.
Sisters, brothers, let's pray for Laura...

Enlight432

Jan 4, 2024
I absolutely agree with you
This big mistake even severely damages the character of FMC, making many people dislike her or call her an unjustifiable fool

The atmosphere, physiology, and writing of this game are very good (After 30 minutes [I also played the previous games], it is completely noticeable.), I haven't played this game much yet

Last edited:
Reactions: Sleepwalker59

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
This big mistake even severely damages the character of FMC, making many people dislike her or call her an unjustifiable fool

The atmosphere, physiology, and writing of this game are very good (After 30 minutes [I also played the previous games], it is completely noticeable.), I haven't played this game much yet
Guys, we've reached critical mass for the first time here: three people agree!

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022

Yall are the first people I've seen who've ever said that they like when the mc already comes with a spouse/LI. Most people seem to find them annoying especially when there are forced sex scenes between the two.

Can you let me know what does having a preexisting relationship add to the story for you? Is it just because you like the built in aspect of cheating or do you like for her to remain faithful?

Enlight432

Jan 4, 2024
Yall are the first people
Brother, either you didn't pay much attention when you wrote this comment or for any other reason, I don't know
Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to argue or disrespect you
Do you know that there are so many fans of NTR, NTS, and NTRI (netorare, netorase, netori)? For these three genres to exist, the female protagonist must have a boyfriend or husband
And Look at the female protagonist genre on f95; the most popular games in this genre include a married woman (Or at least they are equal)

So, there are many fans of married female protagonists (you say it's your first time seeing someone like us)

Regarding your main question:
In short: Because we are fans of forbidden relationships (cheating on the husband) and other themes that add a lot of tension and excitement to the story (drama fans) :coffee:
As long as the story's logic holds up, betrayal shouldn't happen for silly and childish reasons

Reactions: myZone

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Brother, either you didn't pay much attention when you wrote this comment or for any other reason, I don't know
Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to argue or disrespect you
Do you know that there are so many fans of NTR, NTS, and NTRI (netorare, netorase, netori)? For these three genres to exist, the female protagonist must have a boyfriend or husband
And Look at the female protagonist genre on f95; the most popular games in this genre include a married woman (Or at least they are equal)

So, there are many fans of married female protagonists (you say it's your first time seeing someone like us)

Regarding your main question:
In short: Because we are fans of forbidden relationships (cheating on the husband) and other themes that add a lot of tension and excitement to the story (drama fans) :coffee:
As long as the story's logic holds up, betrayal shouldn't happen for silly and childish reasons
That's why I asked if it's the cheating aspect that is liked. I don't remember playing games that advertise themselves as "ntr" focused. Those tend to be male mc games which I don't really find that interesting. From my experience women mc games with spouses also tend to have most people ask why are you forced to be with him especially if you're forced to have sex scenes with him.

If you're into cheating I can see wanting the spouse but from my perspective they are uninteresting dead weight. This is coming from someone who isn't into ntr and seem to play games where others aren't into it aswell or so I believe.

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
That's why I asked if it's the cheating aspect that is liked. I don't remember playing games that advertise themselves as "ntr" focused. Those tend to be male mc games which I don't really find that interesting. From my experience women mc games with spouses also tend to have most people ask why are you forced to be with him especially if you're forced to have sex scenes with him.

If you're into cheating I can see wanting the spouse but from my perspective they are uninteresting dead weight. This is coming from someone who isn't into ntr and seem to play games where others aren't into it aswell or so I believe.
I think I understand what you mean. To apply your point to Laura's case, the question would be "is it absolutely necessary for the woman (Laura) to have a partner (Mario) for the story to make sense and/or be interesting?" And my answer is yes. If I want to develop why, it's going to take me a long time. But you should know that he's the one who initiates the adventure by signing his girlfriend up for a show, and so he's the one who propels her into another world, at the risk of losing her there. That's the trigger. As for the storyline, the partner is also indispensable, making the woman's path difficult: she's tormented, torn between opportunity (the handsome guy and all he represents) and loyalty (Mario and the difficult virtuous path). I can't imagine the story being set in any other context. I'd like to finish by saying that, for me, there's nothing NTR about it. It's a notion from the all-too-subtle Japanese culture that - sorry guys - doesn't speak to me. We're talking about loyalty or cheating here. Nothing else.

holy_cat

Dec 9, 2020
[...] I can't imagine the story being set in any other context. I'd like to finish by saying that, for me, there's nothing NTR about it. It's a notion from the all-too-subtle Japanese culture that - sorry guys - doesn't speak to me. We're talking about loyalty or cheating here. Nothing else.
No need to be sorry. You're not alone.
And fully agree also that 'no Mario - no fun' (more than three people? critical mass? the explosion must be coming...).

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
Dev should at least use chatbgt to rewrite the game description. It's engrish before the game is even downloaded.

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
Dev should at least use chatbgt to rewrite the game description. It's engrish before the game is even downloaded.
I have no idea how bad my English is. Most of the time I translate from french with DeepL and proofread briefly. But I have to admit that I'm running out of time... I read some comments about the acceptable level, but well...
So, Ok. Let's do it...

1. Original
"This is the story of Laura. A beautiful 26 yo italian young woman in couple with Mario. She knows what she wants and acts consequently.
Her next step in life is to buy a house in is hometown and have her own store. But money doesn't just fall from the sky. Even less so in this rather poor part of the country.
It's her partner who's going to push her into an adventure that will take her into a world she doesn't know. A world unlike her own, where money seems easier, especially when you're young and beautiful. But it's also full of dangers."

2. DeepL Write
"This is the story of Laura. A beautiful 26 year old Italian woman in a relationship with Mario. She knows what she wants and acts accordingly.
Her next step in life is to buy a house in her home town and open her own shop. But money doesn't just fall from the sky. Especially in this rather poor part of the country.
It's her partner who will push her into an adventure that will take her to a world she doesn't know. A world unlike her own, where money seems easier to come by, especially if you're young and beautiful. But it's also full of danger."

3. Chat GPT (asked a more 'commercial' text)
"Meet Laura: a stunning 26-year-old Italian with dreams as vibrant as her spirit. In a loving relationship with Mario, she knows exactly what she wants: a cozy home in her hometown and her very own store. But in a place where money doesn’t grow on trees, achieving those dreams won’t be easy.
Enter Mario, her adventurous partner, who sparks a bold journey into the unknown. He introduces Laura to a captivating world where youth and beauty can open doors, and where the allure of quick money tempts at every turn. But this new path is fraught with risks and challenges.
Will Laura navigate this thrilling yet perilous adventure? Join her as she discovers the true cost of ambition and the choices that could change her life forever."

The house doesn't shy away from sacrifice...

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes