VN Ren'Py A Wife at Stake [v0.040] [eHellJay]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Malika1234

Sep 27, 2021
sooo whats going on with Lesbian route? Hopefully there will be more flirting with the old lady?

myZone

Dec 20, 2020
Yall are the first people I've seen who've ever said that they like when the mc already comes with a spouse/LI. Most people seem to find them annoying especially when there are forced sex scenes between the two.

Can you let me know what does having a preexisting relationship add to the story for you? Is it just because you like the built in aspect of cheating or do you like for her to remain faithful?
Well, first of all I criticized the dev's other games because there was a pattern and I personally thought if the game is built in with a pre existing relationship which they were, why not make it more believable?

I get that a lot of games here don't really care about relationship unless their LI cheating on them lol. But, if the game is built on relationship, then they should at least make it more about that.

Also why people don't like their pre existing relationship is because most of the time they are name only relationship and never go beyond that which I personally don't like.

myZone

Dec 20, 2020
That's the kind of criticism I like: it's not aggressive, but it challenges me. You're right: I have a tendency to neglect the husband, to give him little substance, even though he's an essential part of the drama and the plot. I'm going to give it some serious thought. Thank you so much!(y)
Thank for listening. But I gotta say after playing this one I think it had a little more interaction with the husband which makes it easier to choose the routes than the other games (y).
But on the other hand I think, by making the husband look old and unattractive, you made it worse :). Like it feels like Laura's motivation for adventure revolves around Mario's lack of looks, energy and everything. Even though you can write good enough script to compensate for that but in a VN what's gonna be on the screen would be hard to ignore. I get the point that her husband lack those so, she finds it elsewhere but it's gonna be like a typical reason, less taboo.
If Mario was attractive, had a good personality or maybe dominant and even after that Laura try to find fun elsewhere, it would make her more daring, adventurous, naughty. And maybe people would like her interaction with him too.

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
Thank for listening. But I gotta say after playing this one I think it had a little more interaction with the husband which makes it easier to choose the routes than the other games (y).
But on the other hand I think, by making the husband look old and unattractive, you made it worse :). Like it feels like Laura's motivation for adventure revolves around Mario's lack of looks, energy and everything. Even though you can write good enough script to compensate for that but in a VN what's gonna be on the screen would be hard to ignore. I get the point that her husband lack those so, she finds it elsewhere but it's gonna be like a typical reason, less taboo.
If Mario was attractive, had a good personality or maybe dominant and even after that Laura try to find fun elsewhere, it would make her more daring, adventurous, naughty. And maybe people would like her interaction with him too.
I started to reply, but I realised that I'd gone on for lines and lines of explanations. Sorry, I've stopped.
But to sum up, you should know that:
  • Mario's looks are in no way decisive, Laura wouldn't have chosen him if that had been the case. She loves him as he is,
  • the husband's profile is not the same on every route,
  • the external events that occur are also different,
I have plenty of other comments, but I'll stop here...
Thank you for your opinion, your insight and your contribution.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: myZone

KarokaKOHORT

Jun 16, 2018
Tbh couldn't care less whether and how much it's based of/inspired by any movie. It's a good story so far, flows well, has very decent amount of choices and the update makes me optimistic regarding the future development. The translation issues aren't that bad, and I'll only point out that in a scene between Katya and Vincenzo Laura does get misgendered in a line "You mean... Too bad for his boyfriend?"

CTDev

Jan 28, 2022
Tbh couldn't care less whether and how much it's based of/inspired by any movie. It's a good story so far, flows well, has very decent amount of choices and the update makes me optimistic regarding the future development. The translation issues aren't that bad, and I'll only point out that in a scene between Katya and Vincenzo Laura does get misgendered in a line "You mean... Too bad for his boyfriend?"
Thanks for the comment. Developing a game is pretty exhausting work, especially when you're doing it on your own. It's not that I'm complaining, I like it, but imagining the story, making the renders, integrating the Ren'Py code, that's already a lot of work. So when I get to the end, I find it hard to pay 100% attention when I'm rereading. I could do with an English-language proofreader, but I don't earn enough to pay for one yet, so I decided to invest in an eGPU (iMac obligatory) and an nVidia RTX graphics card.
Thank you for indulging the developers, be they myself or others, who toil and do their best. As someone who knows how much work goes into it, even the complete craps (and God knows there is some), I don't take the liberty of criticising them. I just shut up and move on. Let the rage-mongers do the same!

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes