3.60 star(s) 123 Votes

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
Does this still work? If it does can someone send the exact folder contents that i need to get the date to show up. I got a messed up folder/game when i tried to do it the last time.
Off course it works.
I do not understand why it seems so difficult to you.
You open the folder named "game", edit the file named "script.rpy" and create another file named "patchdate.rpy" (following the instructions).
How can you mess up a folder when you edit only one file in that folder? ???

benton

Jan 23, 2018
Off course it works.
I do not understand why it seems so difficult to you.
You open the folder named "game", edit the file named "script.rpy" and create another file named "patchdate.rpy" (following the instructions).
How can you mess up a folder when you edit only one file in that folder? ???
It said in order to get it to show up on a save/load game then i have to change two files in that folder. This is what i get

Last edited:

benton

Jan 23, 2018
When i add the show screen Day_of_week to the Script.rpy file i get Tab errors in other parts that were perfectly fine before i added the words.

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
When i add the show screen Day_of_week to the Script.rpy file i get Tab errors in other parts that were perfectly fine before i added the words.
From that error it seems that you inserted either "tab" characters or "empty space" characters at the end of the line 6.
This
Code:
     show screen Day_of_Week
show screen Day_of_Week
is not the same with
show screen Day_of_Week (empty spaces at the end)
or with
show screen Day_of_Week (tab character at the end)

use a text editor like "notepad++" that can display empty spaces and tab characters to avoid such errors.

Last edited:

benton

Jan 23, 2018
From that error it seems that you inserted either "tab" characters or "empty space" characters at the end of the line 6.
This
Code:
     show screen Day_of_Week
show screen Day_of_Week
is not the same with
show screen Day_of_Week (empty spaces at the end)
or with
show screen Day_of_Week (tab character at the end)

use a text editor like "notepad++" that can display empty spaces and tab characters to avoid such errors.
Now i have this problem. I hit return to end the line but i just create another error code. I put a space after the : and before the show but that also creates the same issue as the image. what am i doing wrong. There's also no tab or empty space at the end of the word. I also put a : at the end of week but that also fixes nothing.

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
Now i have this problem. I hit return to end the line but i just create another error code. I put a space after the : and before the show but that also creates the same issue as the image. what am i doing wrong. There's also no tab or empty space at the end of the word. I also put a : at the end of week but that also fixes nothing.
You should copy & paste each string, exactly as I have them inside the code boxes.
You should not add or remove or modify anything on those strings/lines.

Why did you put the character : at the end?
That character is only used for labels statements.

The rpy files contain the renpy language code for the game. Is not just a text...
A misplaced, a removed or an added character/symbol/letter will brake your game.

I attached the original and modded files in the following zips, so that you can use them and have them as reference for future versions of the game. (They will only work for this version. v0.4.6)

Last edited:
Reactions: ravven_7

Ploplo090909

Feb 5, 2021
Added an option to reset branch progress. Added an option to unlock certain branches (Kirely, Hearth) without fulfilling their prerequisites. If you reset the branch of the wife and her job, several branches related to it will be reset as well. After resetting this branch, you can choose a job for the wife (Office or School) by clicking a new button. Unlock buttons and job choice buttons are only visible right after you reset the corresponding branches. Keep that in mind
IMPORTANT: Use the bugfix attached to this post if you want to install the bugfix and add the new feature without downloading the full game or update. Unzip it, copy the files and paste them in the 'A Wife's Phone/game' folder
Here's the link for the new option to reset branch

someone please

Ploplo090909

Feb 5, 2021
Thanks, although the branch reset button is not on this one, does anyone have it?

Added an option to reset branch progress. Added an option to unlock certain branches (Kirely, Hearth) without fulfilling their prerequisites. If you reset the branch of the wife and her job, several branches related to it will be reset as well. After resetting this branch, you can choose a job for the wife (Office or School) by clicking a new button. Unlock buttons and job choice buttons are only visible right after you reset the corresponding branches. Keep that in mind
IMPORTANT: Use the bugfix attached to this post if you want to install the bugfix and add the new feature without downloading the full game or update. Unzip it, copy the files and paste them in the 'A Wife's Phone/game' folder
Here's the link for the new option to reset branch

ravercivics

Dec 28, 2023
That's the link listed on Bloody Ink's Patreon page.
there's the link to the post.

Bloody Ink

Don't answer here
Mar 20, 2023

Hello everyone,

Before I tell you the news, I’d like to once again thank everyone who is supporting the game and me, its developer. Thank you for your kind words and for motivating me. And I’d also like to thank everyone who plays the game and enjoys it. In just one year, the game has attracted a community full of wonderful people. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart!

Now let me tell you the news. I’d like to share some details with you about the content you’re going to see in the new update. I mentioned earlier that this update, as well as 1-3 updates after it, would feature revised old content and some new branches. These new branches take place at the beginning of the game. There aren’t many of them, and, in general, each of them is devoted to one of the following scenarios:
— The MC didn’t add himself to the app
— The MC didn’t add his wife to the app
— The MC didn’t add his son to the app
— The MC didn’t add his wife’s sister to the app.

So far, I’ve written the following branches:
— The branch that activates if you add neither the wife nor yourself (the very beginning of the game, the basis for the branches listed below) – 50 steps
— The MC added neither the wife nor himself to the app (NTR) – 100 steps
— The MC added neither the wife nor himself to the app (Sissification) – 100 steps
— The MC didn’t add the wife to the app but added himself (Alpha+cheating) – 50 steps

I’m still working on the dialogue, so the Alpha branch is going to get more content. I might also add the start of the branch of the son and the branch of the wife’s sister.

As you can see, this update features fewer branches than the previous updates did, but the number of steps for each of these branches has increased. In other words, even though this update consists of 4 branches, the amount of content hasn’t decreased.

IMPORTANT: I suppose you know that in order to access new content, you’ll have to go back to the moment when the MC installs the app and decides who he needs to add. For this reason, I’m going to implement a new game start feature. It’ll allow you to access new content without starting the game from scratch.

However, this update is a little bit less content-heavy than the previous updates. While adding new content, I have to work on the old content as well. I’m mostly adding additional blockers at different stages of various branches to remove contradictions between them (for example, the wife shouldn’t cheat on the MC in one branch and remain faithful to him in another). This takes up a lot of time. I hope you understand.

Speaking about the amount of content, so far, I’ve written about 10-12k dialogue lines, or about 60-70k words. Besides, this update will contain more videos than the previous updates did (about 40 videos). I haven’t counted the images, but trust me, there will be more than enough of them.

Well, that’s all from me for now.

BI

CuriousWonder

Nov 29, 2022

Hello everyone,

Before I tell you the news, I’d like to once again thank everyone who is supporting the game and me, its developer. Thank you for your kind words and for motivating me. And I’d also like to thank everyone who plays the game and enjoys it. In just one year, the game has attracted a community full of wonderful people. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart!

Now let me tell you the news. I’d like to share some details with you about the content you’re going to see in the new update. I mentioned earlier that this update, as well as 1-3 updates after it, would feature revised old content and some new branches. These new branches take place at the beginning of the game. There aren’t many of them, and, in general, each of them is devoted to one of the following scenarios:
— The MC didn’t add himself to the app
— The MC didn’t add his wife to the app
— The MC didn’t add his son to the app
— The MC didn’t add his wife’s sister to the app.

So far, I’ve written the following branches:
— The branch that activates if you add neither the wife nor yourself (the very beginning of the game, the basis for the branches listed below) – 50 steps
— The MC added neither the wife nor himself to the app (NTR) – 100 steps
— The MC added neither the wife nor himself to the app (Sissification) – 100 steps
— The MC didn’t add the wife to the app but added himself (Alpha+cheating) – 50 steps

I’m still working on the dialogue, so the Alpha branch is going to get more content. I might also add the start of the branch of the son and the branch of the wife’s sister.

As you can see, this update features fewer branches than the previous updates did, but the number of steps for each of these branches has increased. In other words, even though this update consists of 4 branches, the amount of content hasn’t decreased.

IMPORTANT: I suppose you know that in order to access new content, you’ll have to go back to the moment when the MC installs the app and decides who he needs to add. For this reason, I’m going to implement a new game start feature. It’ll allow you to access new content without starting the game from scratch.

However, this update is a little bit less content-heavy than the previous updates. While adding new content, I have to work on the old content as well. I’m mostly adding additional blockers at different stages of various branches to remove contradictions between them (for example, the wife shouldn’t cheat on the MC in one branch and remain faithful to him in another). This takes up a lot of time. I hope you understand.

Speaking about the amount of content, so far, I’ve written about 10-12k dialogue lines, or about 60-70k words. Besides, this update will contain more videos than the previous updates did (about 40 videos). I haven’t counted the images, but trust me, there will be more than enough of them.

Well, that’s all from me for now.

BI
Hey, better to take time then to rush things. Like it a major immersion killer when your working on a path only to release it was an ntr path the whole time. Like if the wife and sister-in-law threesome shouldn't happen if the wife has a 0 in cheating and has been nothing but faithful.

So, if you're willing to take the time to make sure the narrative is coherent then by all means take your time. It's better to see a polished passion project then a shit rush job.

3.60 star(s) 123 Votes