ropershy

Aug 14, 2020

That's probably not gonna happen, because everything is sacrificed at the altar for this unrelenting absurdity. These aren't even characters, they're merely props in the weirdest divine comedy. Nobody has a personality, because they all just do weird shit for the sake of doing weird shit all the time. The cast doesn't have the one goofy or offbeat character to spice things up, they're all like that; and it overpowers everything else.

View attachment 1470818

Imagine Star Wars, but the entire cast was Jar-Jar Binks. Does that sound appealing? Maybe as a Robot-Chicken sketch that comes and goes in a minute or two, so the joke doesn't overstay its welcome. But for a lewd game like this? That requires this much time and reading? It's too long to be a sketch. It's not original, creative, or funny enough to stand on comedy alone. It has lewd scenes with (admittedly well rendered) props that I can't care less about. There is nothing to get invested in, no characters to care about, no drama to get wrapped up in; there is nothing to care about, because...

View attachment 1470890

When you constantly pull the rug out from under the audience for a gag, there can be no drama. There are no stakes, only the illusion of stakes used to setup the next 'wacky' joke. I'd bet $10 that dad's creepy friends aren't going to be anything dangerous, and their their aggressive posturing is but another fake-out setup for some later joke at their expense, when they'll turn out to be anything but the dangerous thugs that they're currently being painted as. It'll be another rug pull for the sake of absurdity, because nothing matters.

Nothing was sexy, it was all absurd. I couldn't get invested in the characters, because there are none; they are all props. I couldn't get aroused by the lewd scenes, because again, they didn't involve characters I cared about or invested in having a satisfying arc that payed off in mutual gratification; it was department store mannequins awkwardly doing weird shit with each other amidst wonderland.

There is no baseline. There is no normal. There is nothing to contrast the absurd against, and thus it looses all power and becomes utterly banal. Like a lazy standup comedian who drops f-bombs constantly until they lose all meaning. Anything repeated often enough become mundane. So this is both very exhausting because it is all wacky all the time, and on the other hand, disappointing because the absurdity is so overused its toothless; it completely lacks the power to shock or surprise. I think perhaps more than anything else, that's what I find most disappointing; that it managed to make the absurd mundane.

The game isn't bad, far from it. But it isn't my cup of tea either.

EDIT: Also, I read every facepalm reaction as an overt admission that I've hit the nail squarely on the head, but I'm being critical of something the reactor likes and I'm hurting their feelings. Cause if they had more than just hurt feelings, they'd actually try to say something of substance, right? Like, if I was just making shit up and talking out of my ass, people would call me on it, right? But just a facepalm? Thanks for adding nothing to the discussion except letting me know I hurt your feelings? Wonder Wolf at least put in some effort to disagree with me, so props to them at least.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
" no characters to care about " WHAT!!!!! I will have you know I care about the Mother of this game very very much!!!! For her to be stuck with such a dingbat husband should be a CRIME!!! Her son needs to step up and spend more time with is Mother and show her the love she so deserves and desires!!! And NOW!!!!!

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
" no characters to care about " WHAT!!!!! I will have you know I care about the Mother of this game very very much!!!! For her to be stuck with such a dingbat husband should be a CRIME!!! Her son needs to step up and spend more time with is Mother and show her the love she so deserves and desires!!! And NOW!!!!!
Good for you. Now could you please stop overusing the exclamation points? It's not fair for everyone else if you hoard them all for yourself...

oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021
Downloaded the game twice from mixdrop. Then unzipped.

Both times, when I unzipped, 7-zip reported that the unzip finished but with errors. I tried unzipping with another unzip program, and it reported errors, too.

Then when I attempted to run the game, received the below message, and the game failed to open.

I'm running Windows 7:
-------

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 382, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "renpy/loader.py", line 244, in index_archives
index = handler.read_index(f)
File "renpy/loader.py", line 129, in read_index
index = loads(zlib.decompress(infile.read()))

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

Sun Nov 28 20:11:44 2021

Last edited:

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
Downloaded the game twice from mixdrop. Then unzipped.

When it says decompressing it means the rpa files in the game folder not the zip you downloaded. Try unren and see if it can decompress them.

oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021
When it says decompressing it means the rpa files in the game folder not the zip you downloaded. Try unren and see if it can decompress them.
Thank you for this suggestion.

I decided to try again, following your suggestion . . . but weirdly, when I downloaded the game a third time from MixDrop, unzipped with 7-zip as before -- the game now runs. No error report.

Maybe there was some irregularity in the downloads from MixDrop? Or maybe a new version has been uploaded to MixDrop?

Anyway, the problem is gone for me now.

4.30 star(s) 205 Votes