Ren'Py Abandoned Academy Love [v0.4a] [Darqueen]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

zh

Oct 17, 2017
As soon as I saw the 'sandbox' screen, I stopped playing because I didn't expect a 'sandbox'. Those kind of game has to REALLY demonstrate they are WORTH the grind before I dowload them.
I don't have time for other 'sandbox' at the moment.
Please add 'sandbox' to the tags.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Belief in Dev's understanding took an immediate dive as soon as I reached:
Yes, my sister and I were born on the same day, but we are not twins because we don't look alike.
The fact that it's a male MC talking about his sister doesn't give away the fact they have to be fraternal twins instead of identical twins?

If they were both gestating inside the same Mother for those 9 months they are still twins. Otherwise we have a whole different story, was she born on the same day from Dad's other wife?

Edit (stream of consciousness while playing through the first time):
The Love Academy for Women? The name plate on the director's desk is Francisco Laguna of Saigon Operations, and she introduces herself as Principal Dorothy Cortesina, can we maybe get our references consistent? Or even spell your own character's name correctly so Mom doesn't answer calling her Principal Cortersina??

At last Mom refers to her children as twins.

And Mom referring to both of her children as boys? "I assure you my boys will behave themselves," yet continue with "I trust my son <MC> will take care of his sister."

All dorm rooms are quads and so you're sharing a dorm room with your sister and two female roommates and the dorm supervisor is our beautiful gym teacher who doesn't immediately move MC to a dorm room with other boys, no that'd be terrible for the game, he can sleep there until we can figure something else out.

I am not a fan of the "blink and you'll miss it" hints that appear in the upper left. Just put a hint button. And why not just advance time to evening instead of having me manually do so? We already had an afternoon scene it should have just advanced time. And of course it wait's until darkness falls to determine which bunkbed MC's sleeping it, like that's not the first thing you pick as you move your things into a dorm room. And of course it's not actually a choice because Kayla and Yue already picked their beds.

The hint is "go to the bathroom late at night", yet there's no option in the late night menu options to go to the bathroom?? (It only works if you go into the bathroom at night and advance time while in the bathroom.... *sigh*)

And... as Valmora mentioned, the language switches

and we reach our first missing image IOError: Couldn't find file 'event/sleep_dorm/1_7.png'. (rename e_2_Camera.png)

Get ready for class without traumatizing your sister in the first bad end and... we're done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alanray64

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Can't they just make the dad go on a business trip? or just leave with another woman? or abducted by aliens?
The dead dad trope is really becoming a meme :ROFLMAO:

I'm gonna try this game tho
What if the dad wanted to...transition to female?

markl1717

Oct 11, 2021
So far very clumsy and needs a lot of work. There is no story flow and it switches to Spanish mid way through. Might be worth a look after several more updates.

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
So far only language issues, a references to "my boys" and confusing him and her, minor things. The rest is going smoothly, so far, except not having definitive points to advance time.

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes