VN Ren'Py Completed Accidental Assignment [v1.0] [Cainito Studio]

3.80 star(s) 17 Votes

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
And what does the harem have to do with it? Did we at least see something similar to the ending with Jessica? Like an ending with sex, or pregnancy, or a wedding, or just they lived happily ever after? NO. For such cases you need to come up with a new status for the game - "The dev just don't give a fuck"
Many movies, many books, many VN, many stories end like this.

retek89

Aug 5, 2017
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather see a game be put on hold forever (and have at least the hope of seeing a proper ending) Than having it rushed to "completion" just to ruin it...its to me, just as bad if not worse than getting the abandoned tag...because you do get an "ending" but that's rushed and just unsatisfying.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Really really sad to see this cut short, this title was up there with the best. Best wishes.
yea it had potential.

Ok ... but .. if there is no action with anyone b ut the ex, where was this all going?
The whole premise was:” Come find out what shenanigans wait for you ”
MC infiltrates and finds them girls half naked waiting to be pleasured and throbbed.
This kind a secret agent setup is the perfect bond shtick.
LOL

well yea but game needs to bring money too or it'll be project done when job allows.

This game didn't have anything last time I checked and it is already completed, wow.
had sex with boss i think.

Completed???
But this game barely started

Its been less than a year and only how many updates its gotten? :WaitWhat:
well yea, devs didn't get supporters so after 4 updates it's game over.

xXwankerXx

Jul 21, 2017
This game didn't have anything last time I checked and it is already completed, wow.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My thoughts exactly. So much potential wasted.:cautious: Da fuq happened this time ??

Did we at least see something similar to the ending with Jessica? Like an ending with sex, or pregnancy, or a wedding, or just they lived happily ever after? NO.
I'm with you on this. The least they could've done is give us an actual ending with Jessica or Ashley if they really cared about their fans or this project, but since they didn't, the game should've been tagged as abandoned or onhold, not completed.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather see a game be put on hold forever (and have at least the hope of seeing a proper ending) Than having it rushed to "completion" just to ruin it...its to me, just as bad if not worse than getting the abandoned tag...because you do get an "ending" but that's rushed and just unsatisfying.
I'm happy with the ending. The MC saved and got the girl and stopped working as a spy which he never liked. Looks like a great ending to me.

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
I'm happy with the ending. The MC saved and got the girl and stopped working as a spy which he never liked. Looks like a great ending to me.
Uhmmm... no, because everyone agrees with me and thinks that the ending is trash. Even dev knows this, he just got bored and gave up on the game, what kind of idiot would you have to be not to see it, and assume that everything was planned like that, and think that it's a great ending? :FacePalm::KEK:

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
Since I also made a Mod for the other game of this dev I tried here to do one, too:

View attachment 1699477

Dec. 1, 2022
Updated my Mod for the final game version v1.0

Download Mod for the game v1.0 (~85MB)
WorkUpload -

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v1.0 (~294MB)
Workupload -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 1946057 View attachment 1946058 View attachment 1946059 View attachment 1946060 View attachment 1946061 View attachment 1946062
thx for the mod update KoGa3~ :LOL:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
It's sad to see this already be finished, but on the other side at least we got an ending. And actually it wasn't that bad as some posted before. Thanks to the devs for at least finishing the game even without the support this game really would have deserverd.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Greetings,

This is the writer of Accidental Assignment. Here with one last post about the game.

Firstly, a great many thanks to everyone who has been appreciative of our conclusion for the game, despite its many shortcomings.

Your understanding and acceptance of our work (and our situation) is truly the only thing that makes the last 4 months of hardwork worth it.

---

Coming to some of the negative feedback about the game's conclusion - we fully acknowledge every shortcoming of the conclusion that has been pointed out. (In fact, we ourselves have been pretty transparent about it before the release.)

However, the idea that we (the devs) "didn't give a fuck about the game" is just plain false.

After the initial announcement of the game's poor financial performance and potential termination, we worked on the last two updates (with zero revenue) - just for the sake of giving the game some form of conclusion.

If we truly "didn't give a fuck about the game", we wouldn't have bothered with those 2 updates worth of work.

Just to clarify, I'm not blaming anyone who holds such an opinion of us.

Not everyone has the context to why this decision was made, nor are they obligated to keep up with the announcements we've made in the past explaining exactly what was happening with the development of the game.

Rather, this is just me saying - "We've been as upfront & transparent as possible with our audience, through every stage of this game. And we pushed ourselves as hard as we could for AA."

And if these past two updates (made with zero revenue) wasn't a sign enough to show our sincerity (and gratitude) towards our audience and the game - then I'm truly sorry our efforts weren't enough to convince you of our intentions.

---

Thank you for checking out AA :)

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Greetings,

This is the writer of Accidental Assignment. Here with one last post about the game.

Firstly, a great many thanks to everyone who has been appreciative of our conclusion for the game, despite its many shortcomings.

Your understanding and acceptance of our work (and our situation) is truly the only thing that makes the last 4 months of hardwork worth it.

---

Coming to some of the negative feedback about the game's conclusion - we fully acknowledge every shortcoming of the conclusion that has been pointed out. (In fact, we ourselves have been pretty transparent about it before the release.)

However, the idea that we (the devs) "didn't give a fuck about the game" is just plain false.

After the initial announcement of the game's poor financial performance and potential termination, we worked on the last two updates (with zero revenue) - just for the sake of giving the game some form of conclusion.

If we truly "didn't give a fuck about the game", we wouldn't have bothered with those 2 updates worth of work.

Just to clarify, I'm not blaming anyone who holds such an opinion of us.

Not everyone has the context to why this decision was made, nor are they obligated to keep up with the announcements we've made in the past explaining exactly what was happening with the development of the game.

Rather, this is just me saying - "We've been as upfront & transparent as possible with our audience, through every stage of this game. And we pushed ourselves as hard as we could for AA."

And if these past two updates (made with zero revenue) wasn't a sign enough to show our sincerity (and gratitude) towards our audience and the game - then I'm truly sorry our efforts weren't enough to convince you of our intentions.

---

Thank you for checking out AA :)
Well, I have not played this game myself but I am pretty sure it will also be a nice enjoyable one, just like UTM (and ONS, even if it was under a different production).

Kudos and very well done. Thanks a lot for the best effort to develop the game and share it with me, without the game any of this 'conversations' aren't possible in the first place.

I wish you and Cainito Studio all the best for your future undertakings. That being said, I sincerely hope you take the time to explore and master the art of promotions, marketing, sales in order for your projects to get the amount of supports that they truly deserve. I don't see any issue or weakness in the talent and skills department, but what lacking is purely business development side of it. Cheers.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 17 Votes