VN Ren'Py Completed Accidental Assignment [v1.0] [Cainito Studio]

3.80 star(s) 17 Votes

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Shame that it got "completed". I guess it is what it is though. Adult game development is competitive af and us fans can't support all the games we like. :cautious:

May 27, 2017
While the intention and dedication of the devs might have been good, the end product might not have been good enough to cut it. The AVN market is over-crowded and ever increasing with excellent offerings from tough competition, you're gonna have to have something better than the norm to make it here. The number of devs are increasing rapidly, but the people who play AVNs aren't increasing at a matching pace, and the economy is only worsening.

Maybe, if some things were done better, this could have thrived, but it's in the past now. I enjoyed this VN, its narrative was original, the models were great, the writing was good, but somewhere it just didn't click with the audience. Wishing the dev team, the best of luck in their future endeavours! :)(y)

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Greetings,

This is the writer of Accidental Assignment.

Thank you for checking out AA :)
So you've been around here and the AVN making scene for some time
so you should know that sadly a huge chunk of this board has become
about imature toxicity and bratty entitlement. Dunno why you even react to
such behavior but it shows that you clearly are the bigger person.

Hats off to you and goodspeed with all future endeavours.

Reactions: PxGames and jxd

Riblit

Oct 16, 2019
a pitty it ended so quickly i was really hoping to get more out of it. the start was great sexy ladys just a pitty it had to be ended like that i will be eagerly following the Dev to see what other masterpieces they make next

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
KoGa3 , did you manage to find that elusive boss sex scene alluded to in this thread?
Is it in your mod?
I tried here to do one
maybe with boss
A big thank you to J.R. and Gosamr for helping us answer questions related to the game.

Actually, the script of this update was almost completed before we decided to end the game early so you will feel like the game is progressing normally after playing this update, but as mentioned before, we will end the game in the next update.

I'm really sorry about this but since the writer has decided to quit this industry (at least for now) and go back to his regular job, therefore I don't think there will be any change from the decision that has been made unless the writer decides to come back at the last minute, as I have not received the script for the ending yet, but you really shouldn't expect too much from this.

Thank you for your positive reviews as well as your comments on the game. That definitely helps us to improve for the next projects. We hope to continue to receive comments (positive or negative) about the game until it is completed.

Have a nice day.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This game is fit for your marketing niche: small games that make sense.
Errr ... it would have made even more sense if you had better dev choices while rendering.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
As most said before the same goes for me. A very promising game which for me unknow reasons didn't got the support it actually deserved. Top renders, good story, characters with "soul", nice cummunication with the players. It had actually all to be more successful. A pitty. Still a big thanks to the devs to at least give us a rushed, but still proper end. Most others would probably only stopped/abandoned it. Again, thanks. I'm also really looking further for next game projects.

A small note: the game seems only be published here on F95, not for the Patrons. For me no problem since I lurk here around anyway. But don't know if the other few supporters also doing that. Maybe you can do a final post there, too.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
KoGa3 , did you manage to find that elusive boss sex scene alluded to in this thread?
Is it in your mod?
If I don't have completely missed something: no, there wasn't. I remember a dev post where they said this update does not have a sex scene also. But I check again.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1669968697254.png

Please do not presume they know not use their emails for the distribution to their backers.
A small note
I do have faith they still know how to use their emails.
Actually, many devs use direct email send outs to their backers to avoid any shenanigans from P*atr *on or public bashing on their game sites.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Please do not presume they know not use their emails for the distribution to their backers.

I do have faith they still know how to use their emails.
Actually, many devs use direct email send outs to their backers to avoid any shenanigans from P*atr *on or public bashing on their game sites.
Since I'm one of the few Patrons I would have noticed. The last one was actually from the v0.3 release quite some months ago.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yup, you are right then. Could it be for fear of geting bashed in the comments there?
I'm one of the few Patrons
It was uncalled for on my part in trying too hard to save
this kind a bummed out situation.
Could we help in any way to make that post be positive?
All the talk in this thread is a mixture of strong feeling both good and bad.

Rundmck

Sep 5, 2019
I feel for the team. It's hard to continue grinding without any kind of financial incentive. Happens to most artists. Good luck on your next project.

Reactions: PxGames

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Just found the game, and wow, wasted potential indeed. Sad. It was really good, but I knew what I was getting into when that screen said it's ended prematurely.

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
A small note: the game seems only be published here on F95, not for the Patrons. For me no problem since I lurk here around anyway. But don't know if the other few supporters also doing that. Maybe you can do a final post there, too.
I'm the page manager and in charge of posting on Patreon, but I'm too busy this week to post. Thanks for the reminder, you are always considerate. I'll be posting on Patreon next week because I want to double-check a few things before saying whether it'll be good news... or not. ;)

godman59

Nov 25, 2017
As much as I like female renders, why does the main character look like a dead fish? He has completly no life in his eyes.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Well, it was nice, up until the last update. That was anticlimatic AF.
I agree with other people on some points:
1. Lack of marketing
2. Good story writing
3. Good renders

Sadly the first point is the main problem for the games Arisushi has worked on, at least this one and ONS (didn't followe the development history of other games). And both got cut short due to lack of support, or with other words: no money, no interest in further development. I don't want to sound toxic, I can understand, if devs would like to at least be able to cover the expenses of the game development. This is by all means a fair expectation, considering that not all assets are for free. And I get it if someone doesn't want to pay money that won't come back in a way. On the other hand, if you don't promote your game, nobody is going to discover it. Promoting could mean, that the games pops up more frequently on the LATEST UPDATES page with smaller updates or more communication on discord, patreon or where ever you communicate with your supporters. Taking into account, that there is quite a bunch of devs that go radio silent after the first (few) update(s), it's also understanding, that patrons pull their support after some time, if there is no new content or new informations about the development. Reading that this last update took 4 months, I do understand the hesitation to start supporting. And these (potential) supporters also always tend to look the the history of games, devs already have. And rushed endings don't always help, may even scare them off. BUT, the devs of the games we discover here or on steam (or where ever else) have a HUGH advantage and privilege: they can get paid during the development. There is NO OTHER industry that allows you to do that. In every other sector you need to develope a product out of your own money and if you finish it, you're able to to make money out of it. So in my eyes, both sides, players and devs, need to take the right actions, so that devs are able to deliver the stories that entertain us players. On the other hand both sides can't expect anything from the other and shouldn't become dependent of each other.

Please don't take this wall of text above personally, instead with a grain of salt. It's purely my personal view, with the intention to point out the failures, so that they can be avoided in the future.

In the end I wish the dev team the best of luck and MAYBE we see better and longer products in the future.

3.80 star(s) 17 Votes