VN Ren'Py Completed Accidental Assignment [v1.0] [Cainito Studio]

3.80 star(s) 17 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
It is a real pity that this game had to be wrapped up so abruptly. What little of the game has remained looked promising. I played Under the moonlight not long ago and I liked it much. I can only imagine how good this game could have been if the team behind it had had all the means necessary to develop it as they probably had imagined it. It has been a very nice surprise to see the FC from that game playing a little part on this one as Ashley's friend, Nat.

I really hope this is not the last we can see from Cainito Studio.

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
answer for that is posted on this thread couple times.
I don't care if the answer was already posted, Maybe I was busy working, while the answer was posted so I haven't read it so don't you facepalm me if my question is out of ignorance especially for someone new in this thread be considerate to you fellow gamers, you wasted typing and clicking react instead of just answering a simple answer would have help someone , but anyway this should have been abandoned instead of completed, I'm glad that I just checked the content first , feel sorry for those who already played it , I know its a nightmare to to keep someone hanging

MD27

Feb 28, 2020
Anyway, the game was probably going better than lots of other ones that get endlessly extended, really liked the coworkers.
Sadly the end was as abrupt as a DanielsK story (getting banter out of nowhere sorry).
Hope the devs the better in their future projects.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I don't care if the answer was already posted, Maybe I was busy working, while the answer was posted so I haven't read it so don't you facepalm me if my question is out of ignorance especially for someone new in this thread be considerate to you fellow gamers, you wasted typing and clicking react instead of just answering a simple answer would have help someone , but anyway this should have been abandoned instead of completed, I'm glad that I just checked the content first , feel sorry for those who already played it , I know its a nightmare to to keep someone hanging
yoi know that search exists?

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
I dont understand how people can love the way this game ended. It was so poorly done. There was no scenes of finding the person or people that wanted to assassinate Ashley. There was a simple call we got the guy mission over. You don't get to see if Jessica decide to stay with the MC or not. The ending is like if "Mission Impossible" had Ethan and his team working toward putting their plans in motion and suddenly got a phone call. "Hey don't worry, the police just arrested them. Good Mission, have a good day. Bye now" We don't see the police arresting the villain we get to hear them say it on a phone call. Then Ethan Hunt get into his care and goes home.

This feels like a rushed ending of someone that gave up on the story
It feels like the dev was like yeah I'm done with this it is too much work and I don't want to take the time work on it any more. How can I end this game in the simplest way possible. Oh I know, I'll have the MC get a phone call saying "mission complete bad guy capture. Have a nice day." wont have to work and show them capturing the bad guy this way. Less work! How can I get out of the romance stuff with Jessica. I know I'll just have the MC tell Ashley he got to go and tell Jessica. Awesome just a little scene telling her he got to go and then can have him walk away and just end the game there.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I dont understand how people can love the way this game ended. It was so poorly done. There was no scenes of finding the person or people that wanted to assassinate Ashley. There was a simple call we got the guy mission over. You don't get to see if Jessica decide to stay with the MC or not. The ending is like in Mission Impossible had been working toward putting there plans in motion and suddenly got a phone call. "Hey don't worry, the police just arrested them. Good Mission, have a good day. Bye now" Then Ethan Hunt get into his care and goes home.
there would been if no problems mentioned but devs had to wrap things up and didn't want to leave this unfinished.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I dont understand how people can love the way this game ended. It was so poorly done. There was no scenes of finding the person or people that wanted to assassinate Ashley. There was a simple call we got the guy mission over. You don't get to see if Jessica decide to stay with the MC or not. The ending is like if "Mission Impossible" had Ethan and his team working toward putting their plans in motion and suddenly got a phone call. "Hey don't worry, the police just arrested them. Good Mission, have a good day. Bye now" We don't see the police arresting the villain we get to hear them say it on a phone call. Then Ethan Hunt get into his care and goes home.

This feels like a rushed ending of someone that gave up on the story
It feels like the dev was like yeah I'm done with this it is too much work and I don't want to take the time work on it any more. How can I end this game in the simplest way possible. Oh I know, I'll have the MC get a phone call saying "mission complete bad guy capture. Have a nice day." wont have to work and show them capturing the bad guy this way. Less work! How can I get out of the romance stuff with Jessica. I know I'll just have the MC tell Ashley he got to go and tell Jessica. Awesome just a little scene telling her he got to go and then can have him walk away and just end the game there.
Probably not the best ending but the developer did developed and shared the game that players can enjoy for FREE until someone decided to ruin it for everyone who has not played the game but spoiling the ending:mad:. That is the worst, not only that the guy did NOT contribute anything but instead spilled the beans on the plots, doubling or even tripling or quadrupling the disappointments further to some.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Promotion of this game was even worse than with ONS. I didn't think it was even possible.
How many times have you written anything on Patreon since march? How many promotional previews or special renders have you published on free sites like this one?
Did you also think back in Spring that announcing the game was going to be cut short would get you more supporters? You were really honest, and that's totally praiseworthy, but you basically decided to kill the game after it had been out for 3 or 4 months. And you told everyone you were going to kill the game. This is not how gaining support works.
For your own sake, I hope you change your approach to game development from now on, becase if you don't I foresee much more disappointment and wasted effort on your part. Which is a shame seeing that you are very talented.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
odd way to end a game .. will there be another chapter or something ?? i hope :)

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I tried different choices but Mc can sleep with Jessica only

Am I missing something here ?
No, I do not think so. I tried it with all the girls as well. In my experience, only Jessica and Ashley got her own endings in the end. And we get to have sex only with the former.

Although I appreciate that they brought some closure to the story at least, I also think that the prefix 'abandoned' fits the game better than 'completed'. :(

Last edited:

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
This sentence confuses me. Are you saying Mike was a thug? lol canvas.png

Aside from that....there needs to be a "rushed ending" tag, as well as a "don't waste your bandwidth" tag. lol
o_0

Reactions: Giovany
Aug 2, 2019
I'm confused. This game has completed tag but the changelog says it's the first release and the genre has a note about planned tags...
Is this game actually completed? Like fully completed end of story?

neverending0

Feb 17, 2018
Wow. The character models were great and I got pretty hooked onto it from the start. Felt like the biggest case of blue balls ever since I didn't like Jessica nearly as much as the others...especially Ashley. Regardless - thanks to the creators for this game

Reactions: SamHaim
3.80 star(s) 17 Votes