VN Ren'Py Completed Accidental Assignment [v1.0] [Cainito Studio]

3.80 star(s) 17 Votes

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Since I also made a Mod for the other game of this dev I tried here to do one, too:

Accidental Assignment - Mod Banner.jpg
Mod features:
- additional background music for the game, adapted to the scenes
- a music jukebox for playing the tracks manually
- a choices help function / walkthrough (showing game points you can get in choices)
- a cheat function for the game points
- MC renaming function
- additional game setting (change/adjust dialog text font, size, outlines, text background, game quick menu)
- a shortcut key for my Mod menu ("Shift" + "k")
Dec. 1, 2022
Updated my Mod for the final game version v1.0

Download Mod for the game v1.0 (~85MB)
-

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v1.0 (~294MB)
-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
AccidentalAssignment_01.jpg AccidentalAssignment_02.jpg AccidentalAssignment_03.jpg AccidentalAssignment_04.jpg AccidentalAssignment_05.jpg AccidentalAssignment_06.jpg

Last edited:

ODX

Apr 3, 2018
Please tell me, we have options on which girl to get with ...
Jessica is 4th on my list of the girls met thus far. Ashley is #1 with a bullet, then the intern/assassin Caroline, then Bonnie.

Haven't played your other game, but will check it out.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Greetings,

This is the writer of 'Accidental Assignment', here to make a quick introduction about the project and our future plans for it. (Also, thank you for all the kind words of support so far. It means a lot to us.)

After completing our first kinetic short story "Under the moonlight", JPace (the artist of AA) and I wanted to work on something bigger. After almost a year of hard luck and inconvenient circumstances, things finally fell into place - which led to the development of AA.

This demo is our way of garnering some eyes on the project before the official 0.1 release. (In terms of the no. of renders) This demo consists of 50% of the content from 0.1.

(We fully understand it might be a very short amount of content for some players. However, at the moment, this is the best we can deliver without compromising on the quality. Hopefully, as we start getting some support, we'll be able to deliver larger updates in the future.)

Coming back to the game, as the description says - this will primarily be a slice-of-life series, which focuses a lot on the character interactions. (However, there IS an interesting over-arching story that will slowly come into play as the game progresses.)

As a writer, I wish to take the time to grow each relationship in the game in a natural way. But, at the same time, we do not intend to keep players completely blue-balled for the next 10 updates or so either.

AA has around five different love routes, each with their own pacing. So, if you wish to "get some action" relatively sooner, there are some characters for that too. Those individual love routes will start branching out one by one from 0.2 onward.

Lastly, if you enjoyed the demo, please do visit our page to see if you might be interested in supporting the project.

We look forward to hearing all your feedback and also (hopefully) impress you with the 0.1 when the time comes.

Take care and stay safe.

- Arisushimake

Last edited:

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
I really liked this.

In my opinion, this is literally the perfect definition of a demo.

You are introduced to what will (probably) be the main story. The MC spying on Ashley. And it doesn't tell you any more than it needs to.

It introduces you to the characters in a natural way.
Ashley's father who is the one who hires the MC.
Ashley who interviews the MC because he will be working for her and a brief introduction to the team members. I think the introduction of the characters was handled very well and realistically. We get to see a little bit of everyone's personalities but only just enough. I like that it started out this way instead of having all the characters tell you their tragic life story as soon as you meet them so that you empathize with them.

I liked the detail about Jessica.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So far, I like all the love interests. All the girls have something that appeals to me quite a bit. Physically, Ashley is the one I find the most attractive. And of course, how the main story will develop around her. About Megan we've seen almost nothing, but the fact of the older woman, younger man relationship is more than enough to want to see more of her. I love milfs.
As far as style goes, Bonnie is my girl. Less formal and much more casual, even a bit "messy", noticeable in the way she dressed and her hair. I love it. I can relate to her a lot in that regard. And personality-wise, maybe Carol. A little more reserved and laid back, like me. Heh. And obviously Jess, because of her story with the MC.

Anyway, I really found it all very interesting. I love slice of life and romance games. For me it's a shame it won't be a harem game, as I'd be sad to turn a girl down. But I'm willing to see all five routes. I wish you much success in the development of the game!

Last edited:

Elasx

May 17, 2021
Promising VN (story & art), but short & clueless about another aspects (f.e. animations?). Waiting for (a little) more. (y)

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
That other vn you made was good so will give this a go (y)
Good luck.

Btw this one's looks better than the others in the banner
(with the only exception of Jessica, she looks amazing) -->

View attachment 1568996
Those girls are from our other games, we want players to always have a new experience so we don't reuse old models unless they have a connection with each other ;)

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
Good so far after the good debut of UtM. The only thing that is worrisome is it looks like 4 girl choices and it isn't harem. That will make it difficult to have enough content for each of the four paths per update. Not impossible though.

Reactions: mofonistik

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Pretty good setup with decent size and a good variety of bodies.
There are some things that I didn't specially like, but since this is a Demo, I prefer to wait for the next update to see where that is going.

Thank you and the best of luck.

3.80 star(s) 17 Votes