VN Ren'Py Completed Accidental Assignment [v1.0] [Cainito Studio]

3.80 star(s) 17 Votes

Samga

Apr 4, 2017
Absolutely love this one so far, gonna sub if it stays on this path, no unnecessary new characters, no fillers, decision making feels great.

Reactions: Arisushi

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
AA has around five different love routes, each with their own pacing. So, if you wish to "get some action" relatively sooner, there are some characters for that too. Those individual love routes will start branching out one by one from 0.2 onward.
Do we have to stick to one (separate saves etc.), or is it more open (go for everyone and pick later)?

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
This says first release, but I have a saved game from Dec 31. It ran through the first day, I believe. It's good work, and I'm happy to see it continue.

dgreen1108

Apr 25, 2021
I'm liking the game so far, but I have a very serious question. What's up with the dainty coffee cups and the extending pinky fingers???

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Planned Tags:
The game focuses purely on vanilla level tags like masturbation, teasing, blowjob, vaginal sex, and so on. But that's about the extent of it.

There will be no incest, cheating, blackmail, etc.
this explains why you only have 5 patreons
people really like incest content
the best games are all about incest
and finally the biggest developers make incest in all their games.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Great game so far! I like that the MC isn't your typical 6-foot tall, 5% body fat AVN protagonist. He's just some guy doing a job. The office characters are not very clichéd, they are all interesting in their own ways, and the whole setup is teeming with potential.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but you got yourself a Patreon arisushimake :)
'Low level spy' means he's low to the ground?

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's fair. I was trying to play around with the "story-telling" by jumping between those scenes. But I can see how it might come off as unclear narration to some. I'll try to be more cautious of such issues in the future (y)

For now, it's better to have separate saves. (Depending on how well the game does, we might have some options in the future to break up with a character and start a relationship with a different one - but that's a "what-if" now.)

That must've been from the demo we released last month. This is the official 0.1 release :)

Reactions: pixado7875

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020

Thank you very much for the support :) It really helps us a lot. We'll do our best to make sure the future updates are just as (if not more) interesting and entertaining.

Reactions: Xeron_Xr and jufot

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I liked it so far.

But, the timing of the scene at the bar with Jess was slightly confusing. First I thought it was a memory as the scene switched while MC and Jess were hand shaking. Then I was surprised when Bonnie mentioned that MC went to a bar with Jess last night. I wish there was some kind of screen that told it was later in the evening, just like there was a "next morning" screen.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

Reactions: Xeron_Xr

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Interesting, so far I'm struggling to care about any of the characters, including the MC, but it is early days and I'm sure that will change. Would like longer updates, renders are top notch, definitely going to wait and see before firming up my opinion. Also would like to see a bit more diversity in love interests. Are the ladies in the office the only LI?

JohnnyR6

Jul 1, 2017
Nice start. Honestly I'm only really interested in the boss and the intern, but the other characters are fine enough as supporting characters.
It's mostly a workplace simulator so far, but it should be interesting when the secret-agent plotlines come about (hopefully).

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Greetings,

This is the writer of Accidental Assignment, here to share some essential information about the game and our future plans for it, while being as transparent as we can.

---

1. What's the planned release schedule for AA?

Since we're currently limited with the number of renders we can make each month, we can:

a) either release shorter updates at a faster rate, 1-1.5 months
b) or take the additional time and release regular sized updates, 2.5-3 months.

(Since we're a small, unknown team of developers) We've decided to go for the shorter updates for now.

That way, it'll be easier for us to prove that we're capable of delivering updates on a consistent basis.

---

2. How long will the series run?

A majority of AA's main story outline was written way before we even started working on the demo and - while we WERE ambitious with the scope of the project, we were not reckless.

Taking into consideration the possible success/failure of the game - we have planned three completely different endings (at different points of the series.)

(Please don't worry, all three endings are carefully thought out and will make 100% sense within the game. It won't feel like the game just suddenly jumped a few updates and went straight to the ending.)

So, depending on its reception, the game will be in development for around 1 to 2 years, but definitely not more than that.

----

3. What does this mean for the love interests?

Just like the main story outline, I have different plans for the love interests based on the success of the game. (Again, all the planned routes will make perfect sense within the game.)

As a writer, I've personally taken a lot of time & effort to make sure the players can get the most out of this game, without making the scenes come off as cheap/easy.

So, if you're worried whether your favorite love route might not be fully explored (in case of the game ending early), we assure you that every love interest will get their fair share of time.

----

Thank you for reading through all of that.

I understand this was not exactly the most "positive" promotional content a dev could give to their audience. But JPace and I truly believe that 'being as transparent as we can' is the right way to go.

Lastly, to everyone who's been leaving your feedback and comments, thank you for taking the time to do it - it really means a lot to us :)

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 17 Votes