• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed Accidental Assignment [v1.0] [Cainito Studio]

3.80 star(s) 17 Votes

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Are the ladies in the office the only LI?
Yes, those ladies are the only LI in the game for the foreseeable future.

(Honestly, we do have some ideas to add new ones, but whether we'll actually do it or not depends entirely on factors like - the general reception of the game, how efficiently we can handle the inclusion of more story branching, etc.

And even if we WERE to add new ones, it won't happen at least until we reach 0.5-0.6)

Reactions: MrFriendly

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Greetings,

This is the writer of Accidental Assignment, here to share some essential information about the game and our future plans for it, while being as transparent as we can.

---

1. What's the planned release schedule for AA?

Since we're currently limited with the number of renders we can make each month, we can:

a) either release shorter updates at a faster rate, 1-1.5 months
b) or take the additional time and release regular sized updates, 2.5-3 months.

(Since we're a small, unknown team of developers) We've decided to go for the shorter updates for now.

That way, it'll be easier for us to prove that we're capable of delivering updates on a consistent basis.

---

2. How long will the series run?

A majority of AA's main story outline was written way before we even started working on the demo and - while we WERE ambitious with the scope of the project, we were not reckless.

Taking into consideration the possible success/failure of the game - we have planned three completely different endings (at different points of the series.)

(Please don't worry, all three endings are carefully thought out and will make 100% sense within the game. It won't feel like the game just suddenly jumped a few updates and went straight to the ending.)

So, depending on its reception, the game will be in development for around 1 to 2 years, but definitely not more than that.

----

3. What does this mean for the love interests?

Just like the main story outline, I have different plans for the love interests based on the success of the game. (Again, all the planned routes will make perfect sense within the game.)

As a writer, I've personally taken a lot of time & effort to make sure the players can get the most out of this game, without making the scenes come off as cheap/easy.

So, if you're worried whether your favorite love route might not be fully explored (in case of the game ending early), we assure you that every love interest will get their fair share of time.

----

Thank you for reading through all of that.

I understand this was not exactly the most "positive" promotional content a dev could give to their audience. But JPace and I truly believe that 'being as transparent as we can' is the right way to go.

Lastly, to everyone who's been leaving your feedback and comments, thank you for taking the time to do it - it really means a lot to us :)
So do we have to pick one LI or is gonna be a fuck em' all type of game?

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, I really enjoyed reading it. Good stuff, and quite a breath of fresh air.

Thanks Lord, because there's no incest, no wincest, no preggo bellies, no fucked-up harems, no magic golden dicks, no roommates, no landlandies, no little sisters & big sisters, no slutty aunties, no 20something orphans who can't help but fuck his female relatives.

(y)(y)(y)(y)

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Why is the MC shorter than LI? No more manlet MCs please!
This always irks tbh
I never know if the dev just didn't pose the models right considering height
or they just really made the MC a manlet :LOL:
Pretty solid first release, tho I think releasing half of 0.1 as a demo wasn't necessary, should've just released it all at once.
The only negative thing I can say is that at times the The MC looks like a pretty small dude, worlds tiniest spy lol and what's up with him drinking tea/Coffee like he's the queen of England lol.
But yeah other than that it was pretty good, looking forward to the next update.
Another midget MC... It just looks wrong.
i think i pass on this one because of the midget-MC. Too bad because the EXCLUSION of the cringy bad writing tropes (incest, harem, NTR...) makes it kinda interesting. But if every woman is taller than him..... not gonna work; at least for me. Best wishes for the game though
I don't plan to talk about this because this is a technical detail, but since there are many questions about the MC's height, I summarize and answer for you guys clearly from my personal perspective, the artist of this game.

First please take a look at the screenshot

As you can see, our MC is almost 6 feet tall, with that height of course not the top of the world but at least he's not as short as you think.

On bare feet, the other girls are shorter than our MC but why do they look taller when they stand next to the MC in the game? And why are they shorter than MC when sitting?

Because we pay attention to all the smallest details of the scene to make it as realistic as possible, so that you can feel the 'life' in the game, so with almost no difference in height, when standing next to a girl with long legs and high heels who do you think is taller?

Of course we do not deny in some camera angles, our MC looks quite 'small', we acknowledge this and will try to avoid these angles in the future.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to receive more in the future, especially we hope it's positive feedback means the game just keeps getting better.

hiya02

Oct 14, 2019
Let's just assume mc is from US where the average height is like 5' 8" so mc isn't exactly midget. Unlike the rest of the cast, mc is not "heroic" 7' tall... :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

BUT there is a quick and easy way to fix that: in true daz 3d fashion, just make mc to constantly stand tiptoes all the time, also in the shower!

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020
I don't plan to talk about this because this is a technical detail, but since there are many questions about the MC's height, I summarize and answer for you guys clearly from my personal perspective, the artist of this game.

As you can see, our MC is almost 6 feet tall, with that height of course not the top of the world but at least he's not as short as you think.

On bare feet, the other girls are shorter than our MC but why do they look taller when they stand next to the MC in the game? And why are they shorter than MC when sitting?

Because we pay attention to all the smallest details of the scene to make it as realistic as possible, so that you can feel the 'life' in the game, so with almost no difference in height, when standing next to a girl with long legs and high heels who do you think is taller?

Of course we do not deny in some camera angles, our MC looks quite 'small', we acknowledge this and will try to avoid these angles in the future.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to receive more in the future, especially we hope it's positive feedback means the game just keeps getting better.
Oh, that's nice. I appreciate that you took your time. There was a similar issue in another game as well. There it was more or less a bug where a 185 cm MC feet clipping through the ground, and therefore he looked shorter.

I want to state. I like your work. The women are beautiful and different looking from each other. You did a good job with that. I like the MC. He looks like a businessman. But there is the manlet problem.

It is irrelevant if he is 1,85 m if all women with one exception are 1,90 m. Yes, High heels is a good explanation, but we don't see them. It is not a Problem with their shoes. IMO

It could be an angle problem, but I am unsure about that. It seems to me that there is a scaling problem going on. I have no idea how these renders are made. I just tell you what I see in the pictures. It looks like you scale them 7% up because of their shoes. But they growth not only 7% longer, they become 7% bigger in general. And everybody without high heels look smaller. I had the impression a lot of shrinking and growing goes on.
Let's get a closer look. I hope I don't demotivate you. Again, the creativity with the women is good.

Women on average are 15 cm smaller, than men. And weight on average 15 to 25 kg less than man.
Stilettos are 8 cm in average but here is the catch business shoes for man have heels too. 2 to 2.5 cm.
A woman with long legs in High heels add 8 cm body length but gain no weight. Women with short legs in High heels add 8 cm and also don't gain body weight. That's physique.;)

Take this picture.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Let's talk what we see.
They both shake their hands. They keep both courtesy distance. Which means to reach out, they can't angle their arms much. That leads to the fact that in this angle he is at least 20 cm if not 30 cm nearer to us as watchers.

Things which are nearer to us are bigger than things which are behind that.That's the common perception. I knew there are some lenses in Photography which can alter that, but this is not a photograph.

Now look at this.

And while nobody sees at this picture as analytical as I do now. We look at it and say hmm, he must be really small.

Ok, Maybe Ashley is the wrong person to look at. She is rocking some high High heels. Only Bonnie is smaller. And here it starts to become unrealistic. I am 1,85 m Myself in Germany, that's average, I would say. Women in my age even in High heels have to usually look up too me. There are tall women, of course, but not so many at the same place and time.

Another example. Me and my red lines. :rolleyes:

She hasn't only add 8 cm Body length. No, she has suddenly almost the same shoulder width.
He is not small in our world, but he is small in his world.
Ryan seems to have a realistic body height in comparison to the women. But he is sure 2,10 m then.

I hope it helps you to understand what the problem is.

That was a long one. Don't be mad. I mean good.
Keep it up.(y)

Last edited:

pixado7875

Mar 11, 2020

Okaaay
So it's not that the MC is Mcshorty short short but EVERY girl in this game is almost 6 ft tall :LUL:

Were they all WNBA rejects at some point? :KEK:

pixado7875

Mar 11, 2020
Oh, that's nice. I appreciate that you took your time. There was a similar issue in another game as well. There it was more or less a bug where a 185 cm MC feet clipping through the ground, and therefore he looked shorter.

I want to state. I like your work. The women are beautiful and different looking from each other. You did a good job with that. I like the MC. He looks like a businessman. But there is the manlet problem.

It is irrelevant if he is 1,85 m if all women with one exception are 1,90 m. Yes, High heels is a good explanation, but we don't see them. It is not a Problem with their shoes. IMO

It could be an angle problem, but I am unsure about that. It seems to me that there is a scaling problem going on. I have no idea how these renders are made. I just tell you what I see in the pictures. It looks like you scale them 7% up because of their shoes. But they growth not only 7% longer, they become 7% bigger in general. And everybody without high heels look smaller. I had the impression a lot of shrinking and growing goes on.
Let's get a closer look. I hope I don't demotivate you. Again, the creativity with the women is good.

Women on average are 15 cm smaller, than men. And weight on average 15 to 25 kg less than man.
Stilettos are 8 cm in average but here is the catch business shoes for man have heels too. 2 to 2.5 cm.
A woman with long legs in High heels add 8 cm body length but gain no weight. Women with short legs in High heels add 8 cm and also don't gain body weight. That's physique.;)

Take this picture.

Let's talk what we see.
They both shake their hands. They keep both courtesy distance. Which means to reach out, they can't angle their arms much. That leads to the fact that in this angle he is at least 20 cm if not 30 cm nearer to us as watchers.

Things which are nearer to us are bigger than things which are behind that.That's the common perception. I knew there are some lenses in Photography which can alter that, but this is not a photograph.

Now look at this.

And while nobody sees at this picture as analytical as I do now. We look at it and say hmm, he must be really small.

Ok, Maybe Ashley is the wrong person to look at. She is rocking some high High heels. Only Bonnie is smaller. And here it starts to become unrealistic. I am 1,85 m Myself in Germany, that's average, I would say. Women in my age even in High heels have to usually look up too me. There are tall women, of course, but not so many at the same place and time.

She hasn't only add 8 cm Body length. No, she has suddenly almost the same shoulder width.
Ryan seems to have a realistic body height in comparison to the women. But he is sure 2,10 m then.

Keep it up.(y)
Couldn't have put together a better analysis myself
Great write up (y)

Banality

Jun 16, 2021

Take this picture.

Let's talk what we see.

Now look at this.

Keep it up.(y)
very good analysis. I am almost as tall as you (1,84 m) and i have to admit, that meeting such tall women would be really a pleasure. But as you know, we would be even taller ^^ I hope the next VN gets it right. Greetz from Berlin

Dec 27, 2020
very good analysis. I am almost as tall as you (1,84 m) and i have to admit, that meeting such tall women would be really a pleasure. But as you know, we would be even taller ^^ I hope the next VN gets it right. Greetz from Berlin
Greetings from a small village in the middle of nowhere of Germany.
I have one woman in my circle of friends. She is 184 cm. Yes, we are the tallest under our friends.:p
She would never put on High heels. We talked about it a few times. Women like to look up to see his eyes.
If my friend put on stilettos, she would be 194 cm.
I think tall women have something special. But they are rare. In this game, only Bonnie seems to be smaller. Carolin, Magen, Ashley and Jessica are bigger than the MC and that is killing my immersion. Even when they fake it, but they don't use fetish heels.
Screenshot 2022-02-06 175432.gif
That said, I quite like the game so far.

Last edited:

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
A good start and look forward to future updates. Will be interesting to see how MC deals with politically-socially-corporately correct office behavior issues.

AngelsAfterDark

Formerly 'DetroitAfterDark'
Jun 11, 2021

Take this picture.

Let's talk what we see.

Now look at this.

Keep it up.(y)
Great analysis lol on point, dev should hire you for scaling. Jokes aside I do hope the dev read through your analysis and learned from this mistake and stop focusing on making us "feel the life" when it comes to the height because he failed at that, MC just looks small overall and not just short because he's standing next to or infront of women with heels. As you mentioned it doesn't seem like the females just look taller with heels but overall they increase in size as well... If people are pointing it out it would be rather stupid if the dev ignored it and continued thinking he's doing a good job with the scaling. I do think this game has potential but lol it seems like some people aren't even willing to give it a try because of how small MC looks(stupid but understandable) anyways it's important to have the main focus of the game which of course is the MC(the dude we literally stuck with throughout the game without a choice) not make people want to pass on the game, however stupid a reason that may be. Whether it's because of his physical appearance or just him as a character, first and foremost he should be presentable as the lead. Alot of devs put so much focus on the Lis and just completely half ass the MC so you stuck with a game with great LIs but an unlikable MC and often times thats a reason for people to pass on a game. Of course I'm not saying the MC is unlikable because he looks small, that's stupid, I just meant in general people want an MC suitable for the lead, unfortunately not everyone can be a short bad ass lead like Tom Cruise lol and nobody wants to play a game where the MC looks smaller than most if not all the women, whether it's because of bad camera angels or poor scaling.

Just my two cents tho, I hope for the best going forward because this game has alot of potential especially with the spy stuff but I have a feeling we won't get to see much of that, alas still looking forward to the next update.

ZzZzZiggy

Dec 30, 2021
Since a lot of folk here seem to REALLY be bothered about the height thing (which I don't personally have any kind of problems with), I'd like to offfer a very specific (and possibly odd) positive: our lovely CEO's skin tone - super lifelike compared to most other games around here. It's especially noticeable on the arms. Nicely done! Looking forward to the next release!

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
just my two cents;

I like them short and skinny, like asian women. Somehow most games have women with HUGE hips. That does not work for me and there never are enough asian LIs :LOL:

anyways, good renders.

Reactions: Crosaith.

jufot

May 15, 2021

Accidental Assignment 0.2 is ready

Greetings,

We're happy to announce that all the production work for AA's 0.2 update is now complete. You can download the game with links in the attachment.

We hope you enjoy this update.

3.80 star(s) 17 Votes