HTML Accidental Mind [v3.5] [Myscra]

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
I am having font issues. The font that indicates the MC thinking is absolutely tiny. I can just read it if I zoom the page by a factor of 200 or so, but then the other text is huge, so I have to keep switching back and forth.

Edit: I fixed it myself by editing the html. It is a style called .faint which was set to 5px. Doubling to 10px makes it just legible.
If you are talking about the very beginning of the game, the tiny text was almost certainly intentional. I imagine it was meant to be similar either a slight buzzing or extremely faint whisper. I just copy/pasted it into a text editor to read. Being able to pretty easily adjust things is certainly one advantage of the HTML format though, I altered a few colors to look better in flux before the option to change colors was added in game.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I haven't tried this game yet, but it could be more appealing if you show more pictures of the content. So, is this a game with graphics or total text?
Total Text, Some background stuff for color but no pictures

Hooray for updates

A few things after playing for a bit:
I admit I liked to old font more but this is ofc subjective.

And during the end of arming Kiara this happened:
View attachment 988073

Also looking at the code I think you need to insert the new missions stuff in both the sidekick if clause and the partner elseif clause of the dreamexit 4 event.
Dang it.

Myscra in 1.5 you dropt a space between "M.S. Chemistry" so that the Aqua Regina mixing cant get triggert
should be line 11763
Double Dang it.

Ill fix things and have it out in a bit

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Updated Bug fix for the listed issues (Kiara's Dream alchemy not working and error for her 4th dream end)
1.5a Bug Fix (HTML Only):

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
As it's been a while since I played I figured I'd see what was new (though I'd done all the Blaire stuff I can't remember many other hot girls being around and I doubt we've gotten to Photona content yet)...

Anyway, upon loading my save there's red error stuff everywhere...

First page I see has

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read property 'totalThreat' of undefined<<if $superStuff.totalThreat gte 100 and $superStuff.burned is 0>> <<set $superStuff.burned to 1>><</if>>
and another one for "property 'rNeigh'"...

I go into a meditative trace and get (put in a spoiler as it's big)...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So it looks like old saves are incompatible, but thankfully there's that skip function (but a bit of a shame I'll have to re-gain all the skills and stuff again, but better than nothing).

Also why did the whole UI and stuff change, before it was fine but now it feels very off, the big white bits on the left and the bottom just feel off, the basic twine one you see in the vast majority of them is nicer, I know some twine games change it up but now it's for the worse here... also on some occasions I'm looking at white text on a light gray background (say on the sidebar during a meditative trace), which is pretty illegible...

Edit: And what's up with this super annoying box at the bottom too... I've not seen anything in it, but it just uses up a some of the screen space and forces me to scroll down to see the buttons to move around each time, when otherwise they'd just be on the screen.

Edit2: That box which is infuriating me to the point of just quitting seems to just be to put in flavour text when you click on someone... it's unneeded the vast majority of the time and definitely shouldn't be a permanently there, do it like other games and have it link you to a new page or open something with text in it (like a spoiler box) but it's super annoying (maybe more of a small laptop screen thing)... dunno how I pushed past that before, but while I'm generally chill, bad UIs are something that just seem to do my head in (like when playing real old games and you can't scale text and stuff)... so I'll have to pass over this for a while.

Last edited:

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
As it's been a while since I played I figured I'd see what was new (though as I'd done all the Blaire stuff I can't remember many other hot girls being around and I doubt we've gotten to Photona content yet)...

Anyway, upon loading my save there's red error stuff everywhere...

First page I see has

and another one for "property 'rNeigh'"...

I go into a meditative trace and get (put in a spoiler as it's big)...

I'm guessing starting over and using the skip bit is what I should do?

Also why did the whole UI and stuff change, before it was fine but now it feels very off... also on some occasions I'm looking at white text on a light gray background (say on the sidebar during a meditative trace), which is pretty illegible...

Edit: And what's up with this super annoying box at the bottom too... I've not seen anything in it, but it just uses up a some of the screen space and forces me to scroll down to see the buttons to move around each time, when otherwise they'd just be on the screen.
Yeah, I think you may have to start over and skip a bit for those errors. It should autoupdate the save file but I'll have to take another look at that. I'm aware of the sidebar dissepearing during night activities, just have not gotten around to it.

For the UI change, it was just personal preference. I got tired of looking at the old one and like this better.

The box on the bottom has always been there, its used for things the character sees (mostly other characters appearances and stuff, I will be incorporating it more)

Sep 21, 2017
Hey guys, anyone know how to get a date with Blaire? Her affection is at level 40.5 already yep there is still no message from her for the date, the only thing I got was her asking for mc favorite colour

Goobigoober

Jun 29, 2017
Hey guys, anyone know how to get a date with Blaire? Her affection is at level 40.5 already yep there is still no message from her for the date, the only thing I got was her asking for mc favorite colour
Check the calandar, maybe? There's a date at the diner, then a followup one at the restraunt in the hotel.

cantwakeup111

Mar 3, 2018
" Tried to reduce the number of clicks for some events "

Now THAT's the kind of update i like to see. Not that i had an issue with this game in particular but pointless clicking through menus is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to HTML games, and strangely few people seem to pay any attention to it. Real nice to see that a dev of a game i like is paying attention to that stuff.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
" Tried to reduce the number of clicks for some events "

Now THAT's the kind of update i like to see. Not that i had an issue with this game in particular but pointless clicking through menus is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to HTML games, and strangely few people seem to pay any attention to it. Real nice to see that a dev of a game i like is paying attention to that stuff.
Thanks, its something that bother me as well. I was playing a game that had a clothing system that was mandatory to sleep, to go to work etc. But it had no stat effects, no pictures, nothing. Just an additional 3 clicks if you wanted to do anything. To make things easier. My next half release (1.55) will have keyboard shortcuts for the intro and player's room, which I will roll out to the rest of the game if they work out.

Spherican

Jan 26, 2019
Is there a way to get past the hammer in the forge room, or is that something for later ?
That's in the next update
It's the next update! The help text doesn't point to anything meaningful (Need help getting past the hammer? It tells you that you should get past the hammer.... really game?), and unlike in Blaire's dream, there's no obvious way to deal with a giant, molten, floating hammer in a hellscape of fantasy mythos that has even less logic than the typical point-and-click adventure game (which seems to be the theme you're going for).

So how do you do it, and why does it seemingly require 4 doses of breaking and entering knowledge, from a dude you can only encounter on Saturday nights in the harbor district?

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
It's the next update! The help text doesn't point to anything meaningful (Need help getting past the hammer? It tells you that you should get past the hammer.... really game?), and unlike in Blaire's dream, there's no obvious way to deal with a giant, molten, floating hammer in a hellscape of fantasy mythos that has even less logic than the typical point-and-click adventure game (which seems to be the theme you're going for).

So how do you do it, and why does it seemingly require 4 doses of breaking and entering knowledge, from a dude you can only encounter on Saturday nights in the harbor district?
I am going to look at this sequence again, hopefully make it a bit more intuitive (maybe add some hidden clues or dialogue or something). Below is the current (1.5) answer.

Karybdis

Oct 29, 2017
Myscra, pretty sure I ran into a bug (though not 100% sure, may just be I've finished content). I just started putting up relays for Kiara, one in the neighborhood, then I put a couple on main street, one at the street light and one at the main sign. However, now whenever I try to call Kiara she says to put up the relays she's given me first. I believe there were still other missions for me to go on, which I currently can't access because Kiara thinks I should still be putting stuff up.

If it matters, between the neighborhood relays and the main street ones, I did both of the like, "cover our tracks" type missions, just because I wanted to see what they were like.

Love the game, by the way. Also, in regards to that guy who asked for pics, it probably does make sense to just put up some screenshots of the game, even if it's just text. That way people can see it and really quickly go "OK, I know what this game is". Obviously I know you say it's text only but people, somewhat ironically, hate to read. (And for the people who do like to read it's a good opportunity to show off some of your great writing to rope them in.)

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Myscra, pretty sure I ran into a bug (though not 100% sure, may just be I've finished content). I just started putting up relays for Kiara, one in the neighborhood, then I put a couple on main street, one at the street light and one at the main sign. However, now whenever I try to call Kiara she says to put up the relays she's given me first. I believe there were still other missions for me to go on, which I currently can't access because Kiara thinks I should still be putting stuff up.

If it matters, between the neighborhood relays and the main street ones, I did both of the like, "cover our tracks" type missions, just because I wanted to see what they were like.

Love the game, by the way. Also, in regards to that guy who asked for pics, it probably does make sense to just put up some screenshots of the game, even if it's just text. That way people can see it and really quickly go "OK, I know what this game is". Obviously I know you say it's text only but people, somewhat ironically, hate to read. (And for the people who do like to read it's a good opportunity to show off some of your great writing to rope them in.)
Ah, I see what I did. There is a small "cut scene" after each mission that triggers once the relay is set up. For some reason I have the mission continue until it happens. You have to go on main street at the same time as Kiara (so when she is with her mother shopping). Not sure why I had this logic when I wrote it and will probably change it on the next release (keep the cut scene but not make it mandatory).

I see your point about the pictures. I will post some when I do the next update (and figure out how to do so).

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Is giving Kiara
a one-time choice, or if I give her one can I give her a different one later?
Currently, a one time choice because I code like a drunk monkey. I'm going to fix and overhaul the entire thing for the next mini update because it's clunky, bloated, and does not work the way I want it to. Sorry for the inconvenience.

andy60

Jan 14, 2017
Now that I have played a bit more of 1.5 I wanted to say a few words.

I wanted to congratulate you on how distinct the Kiara paths feel. With her minions showing up in the PN path it feels very different to the SK side of things. While I dont know what the results of the secondary split will be in the end, I can easily see very different consequences for each choice.

IIRC you said you wanted to finish Kiara(as in her lvl 5) before moving on to Liane&Prism, correct? Looking forward to the higher levels of the BK hangout events.

I admit I am also having fun guessing what the potential split in Lianes&Prisms routes could be.

Good luck with 1.6

Fedora Man

Jun 19, 2017
Currently, a one time choice because I code like a drunk monkey. I'm going to fix and overhaul the entire thing for the next mini update because it's clunky, bloated, and does not work the way I want it to. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Nah, not an inconvenience. That was genuinely a question on my part; I try to figure things like that out on my own, but I'm not great at reading Sugarcube code. To be honest I'm only guessing that the game is Sugarcube, I can't even confidently identify the language let alone reliably trace function calls. I certainly can't throw any stones regarding drunk monkey coding when I'm at, I dunno, narcoleptic goldfish level?

For what it's worth, and if it helps with the overhaul at all:

I'm really enjoying the game so far, cheers!

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes