HTML Accidental Mind [v3.5] [Myscra]

4.60 star(s) 43 Votes

andy60

Jan 14, 2017
Hmm the more I think about this the deeper the rabbit hole. How far is the Society willing to go to catch Sam, how good is their replacement psychic and how much of Prism would they mess with to catch his "ghost"? I mean, we might need to be asking how much of Prism is real or even left? Is she just a honeypot? Ugh I hope not.
As amusing as seeing you freak out is, I do think you are vastly overthinking this. Don't dig your own rabbit holes when the game hasn't given you reason to.
As of right now we don't know what happened to Umbralette. From what Myscra said we might learn more later.
Or maybe she remains a one off.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I think I had a similar issue, if your Rap is above (or below) 29 I think it wont trigger, (your rap has to be exactly 29.) You can see this stat from the console the exact conditional statement you are trying to match should be:
"$storyline.prismQuest is 8 and $prism.rap is 29 and $player.items.bonStarter is 1"

If you need help finding the console to get this info just let me know the browser you are using, I'll walk you through it, or just post the save file here, I'll take a look. (the save will include things like character name if you changed it, so... if you have any personal details in the character name the second option might not be a good idea.)
Ahhh. Yeah, this was a lazy coding decision on my end. I wanted so that you could not enter the second "phase" (at 30) until after the event with Kiara. So I took a cop out and just had it reset to 29 until the event happened. I'm going to revisit it and make it a little bit more smooth.

Even better would be a way for the game to add information about them when you figure it out - the ladder could allow you to hover over it and say 'climb to the second floor of the school' while the field house keys could say 'sit in the coach's chair' to remind you where you need to go.

On a completely unrelated note, I still find it abrupt and shocking when you go from level 2 to level 3 and hang out at cheerleading practice. You've gone from Blaire being friendly and willing to chat to feeling up her breasts, which seems...like a bit of a leap.

The 'send messages' tab in the game is currently underutilized...once you have someone's phone number, it's a shame you can't simply text them a hello and ask what they're doing - they could then respond with similar text to what the game spits out in the index.
On your first point, It's a good idea and I will look into the feasibility of this. As I have it now, the item list is populated by a loop. Not sure how I could add in tool tips as well but I will look into it.

For the second point, The way i looked at it is that you did a fairly substantial change mentally and had your first date so she's already in the "lets have some naughty fun" headspace. Hence the jump.

For the third, I plan on adding in a dialogue system (similar to Prism's) for Blaire and Kiara. Adding in some text messaging system isn't a big leap. I'm fairly sure I can get it working pretty smoothly without too much effort.

Errr.... There's a poker game? *comes back after checking* Ok so I had no idea there was any real point to surfing the web. Lol that would have made learning to win vs Kiara much easier..
The surfing the web has been my dumping ground for any information I can't fit anywhere else. It does have some uses. I might have to put something in the tutorial to mention that it's there and can be helpful. (It can also open up a dialogue option with Crystal)

Jan 8, 2019
QoL suggestion:

In the index, when seeing a location for each character, have a button for 'take an autocab there' (with obvious exceptions, like if a girl is in her house and hasn't given you access yet).

Another suggestion: when you're very close to a girl, perhaps she should offer to drive you to where she's going next/split an autocab with you. So, for example, if you're hanging out with Blaire in the mall and then she's going home to watch videos in her house, she could suggest you go with her (and you can refuse).

It would also be nice if options that have new, previously unseen text were shown differently.

Typo:

In the Idle Thoughts story: The dream shifts into two possibilities. The first is where she emerges with the power of every creature on earth. She joins the Super Society and rises through the ranks, eventually stopping a vague threat to the world and becoming a celebrated herp

Last edited:

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
In the index, when seeing a location for each character, have a button for 'take an autocab there' (with obvious exceptions, like if a girl is in her house and hasn't given you access yet).

Another suggestion: when you're very close to a girl, perhaps she should offer to drive you to where she's going next/split an autocab with you. So, for example, if you're hanging out with Blaire in the mall and then she's going home to watch videos in her house, she could suggest you go with her (and you can refuse).

It would also be nice if options that have new, previously unseen text were shown differently.
That first suggestion is a great idea. I will definitely add that in. Now should it be a construct to be bought or just a basic deal?

The second suggestion is something I thought of as well but truth be told, I got lazy. I do have it on my list of features. Like if Blaire is going home from the mall, she would offer to bring you at least to the neighborhood.

I just started working on something for the dialogue trees that is similar to this. Maybe having buttons with some mixture of bold, regular, and italics depending on if they are unseen, seen, and updated.

Reactions: QuietlyReading

andy60

Jan 14, 2017
To continue our wild speculating:

I wonder how extensive the mind manipulation group is?
Let me try and lists the possibilities logically.

Option A: It is a local problem.
Meaning the shade group exists only within Junction City. If so, how many are involved?
  • The one doing the actual tampering. Egoist I believe his name was. Obvious
  • Given the nature of the commands. (change how you dress, habits etc.) it is highly likely someone from PR is involved. This could be anyone
    • her personal manager
    • the local Chief of PR
  • While possible it is unlikely that this is the work of only two people. My personal guess is that someone with a decent bit of authority is involved. Not necessarily the actual Boss (not that we know who that is currently)
    • Maybe a personal assistant with ambition
    • Whatever the middle management equivalent for a Superhero organization is.
    • A vice director?
Yes, it is technically possible that (nearly) everyone is in on it but I find that unlikely. It only takes one idiot to not keep his mouth shut for the whole house of cards to collapse. So secrecy should be a factor.

Option B: it is in fact not a local problem.
Meaning a large part of the SS is involved in manipulating Supers nationwide. Essentially a group wide conspiracy to control the image of unruly Supers. If that is indeed the only thing they do.
Now this is mostly me wildly guessing but let’s see where this rabbit hole leads.

I asked myself what would have been Prism’s endstate? We know about changing her “bad habits” and prohibiting “bad behavior” already. If this had gone on for say five to ten more years what else would have changed?
  • Another change would likely have been related to her movie projects. As in make films that portray the SS in a better light.
  • After getting rid of her jacket her costume seems a logical next point. Prism already jokes about various options presented to her. Maybe she would “be encouraged” to agree to one eventally.
It is at this point that I remembered Grand Finale, her sister. Who seems the exact type of hero the SS likes. A good hero but also outgoing and friendly. Oh and spends her downtime selling pinup merchandise of herself.
Now this could just be her actual personality. Extroverted people like that exist after all. But it could also be a success story of psychic tampering.

I admit this and Option B in general are unlikely I needed to list them for completion’s sake. We will have to see where the story goes.

Reactions: Burning Heretic

Burning Heretic

Sep 25, 2017
"Oh, Prism. We think it's marvelous that you want to make your mark on Hollywood. We just have a few notes about the tone of your work."

"Oh, Prism. That denim jacket is so...unique. But we worry that the public might be confused by Society members dressing too urban."

"Oh, Prism. You'd be so much prettier more approachable to the general public if you smiled more. Maybe adopt a look that's a little more...fun."

"Oh, Prism. Why can't you be more like your sister?"

"Oh, Prism. We'd really like you to stop asking about what happened to your predecessors."

Y'know, I don't really mind playing a villain after seeing what the heroes are like.

herbz

Apr 30, 2018
Holy fuck ahahah I just read the passage where a grad student is desperately trying to think of a thesis topic, I laughed so much it turned me off

Kaiww

Jul 8, 2018
I have to give a big "thumps up" to the Developer here, very exelent and funyy writing.
You do hit all my humor points. :D

Kaiww

Jul 8, 2018
Soooo now you got me........... I am actually had to save the game and stop playing because I am in a serious moral dilemma here.

(Foreword: English is obviously not my first language, I can read it nearly perfect, speak it very good but my writing is not up to it, so I am sorry for any spelling mistakes here.)

My main problem at the moment is, to be honest that I started to actually care about the Characters.

I started the game with the expectation to get one of my main kinks fulfilled, mind control, and now I am more interested in the story and the characters then in any sexual aspect of your story......not what I signed up for on these forums. ;)

Of course all this is only from my point of view, so feel free to disagree, not that I care. :cool:

My Dilemma:
You could argue that Blair is responsible for her own mess, she deliberately did let herself get changed by the need to full fill social standards and norms. Except there are influences outside of her control, the thing about her father to mention one and of course the fact that she is very young.

Was I better at her age ? I am now over 40 and, from my point, pretty confident of my self and not relying on what society thinks about me. Was I more influenced by my social contacts when I was her age ? Probably, so its not easy to say how much of her mess is her own fault.
I am now at the point in the story where I can decide on which path I want to lock her and here is my dilemma, my moral compass actually tells me that all I have done and all options I have with her are wrong.

Locking her like she is now seems wrong because I have already tempered with her, yes she secretly had feelings for the protagonist but did he had the right to force these feelings out of her ? Did he had the right to make her more aware of her sexual side ? Normally I would say Blair had to decide for herself that she has to change the way she coped with herself and her live and ask for help.

Locking her on the path of “Friends with benefits” would also be wrong because it is absolute not what she wants. She wants a husband, a nice house with a garden and baby's.........

The third options see to be the moral correct choice, to give her what she wants, but that then would mean that the protagonist would need to stay true to this if he wants to make a “morally” right choice and to be honest that's not going to happen as long as I decide was the protagonist will do.

I need to see my head doctor good dammed..............

Ya I know its a story and only a story but the Developer did write it so well that I strayed from the “good” path of just wanting my kink lit up, to “I really fucking give a dam” about what happens to the characters and this is awesome because no story here has managed this so far.

I acutely think your writing is good enough for the mainstream audience, good knows its a loot better then was some people sell as an “erotic novel” or “Interactive Game book” these days.

(That was more text then I intended so I will not start about other characters here.)

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
"Oh, Prism. We think it's marvelous that you want to make your mark on Hollywood. We just have a few notes about the tone of your work."

"Oh, Prism. That denim jacket is so...unique. But we worry that the public might be confused by Society members dressing too urban."

"Oh, Prism. You'd be so much prettier more approachable to the general public if you smiled more. Maybe adopt a look that's a little more...fun."

"Oh, Prism. Why can't you be more like your sister?"

"Oh, Prism. We'd really like you to stop asking about what happened to your predecessors."

Y'know, I don't really mind playing a villain after seeing what the heroes are like.
Too urban is exactly something the Society would call out. Also, "you should grow out and straighten your hair so it looks more professional..."

Holy fuck ahahah I just read the passage where a grad student is desperately trying to think of a thesis topic, I laughed so much it turned me off
I take that as a win.

That scene coming from personal experience (albeit drawn out over a few weeks of freaking out).

just1more

Aug 8, 2016
Anybody had any luck getting the handcuffs for Prism's sex scenes? I can't buy them for the sex shop and I can't think of how else I should get them.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
Of course all this is only from my point of view, so feel free to disagree, not that I care. :cool:
Not going to disagree. :)

My Dilemma:
Locking her like she is now seems wrong because I have already tempered with her.....

Locking her on the path of “Friends with benefits” would also be wrong because it is absolute not what she wants. She wants a husband, a nice house with a garden and baby's.........

The third options see to be the moral correct choice, to give her what she wants, but that then would mean that the protagonist would need to stay true to this if he wants to make a “morally” right choice and to be honest that's not going to happen as long as I decide was the protagonist will do.
I've wondered about this myself. Here's what I did and why.

I locked the relationship with the protagonist. All of the stuff in Blaire's head that was changed, was to her own inner priorities, anything else was a path that she had not chosen (In my mind at least.)

She wants the MC, and I felt it would be up to her if she could accept the MC and his (future) actions.

I'm going to trust the author to handle this with care, even if it means Blaire leaves the MC. I'm here for the story, and if that's her choice, good for her, and as the player I will let it happen if I can.

Kaiww

Jul 8, 2018
I'm going to trust the author to handle this with care, even if it means Blaire leaves the MC. I'm here for the story, and if that's her choice, good for her, and as the player I will let it happen if I can.
Trusting the Author is what i came up with also, but it is intresting that i am not the only one that does think about his actions in this game. ;)
Again not what i came here for but a very pleasent suprise.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
Trusting the Author is what i came up with also, but it is intresting that i am not the only one that does think about his actions in this game. ;)
Again not what i came here for but a very pleasent suprise.
Yeah, This game is a cut above everything else here when it comes to characters and motivations.. I was certainly left thinking about the moral aspect of the choices I was being asked to make. It's refreshing.

herbz

Apr 30, 2018
Anybody had any luck getting the handcuffs for Prism's sex scenes? I can't buy them for the sex shop and I can't think of how else I should get them.
They can be bought from PANAM Surplus in Parkside Mall

Also I have noticed that the Lounge construct sends you back to your bedroom, rather than to the area it was used in.

Last edited:
Reactions: just1more

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Enjoying the game but I'm stuck and skimmed a few pages and didn't see an answer.

How exactly do I dreamwalk with Kiara? I have her at rank 1 and I've visited her at night until she was able to orgasm but I can't ever find an enter dream option (for reference, I have Blair at Rank 5 so I understand the basics of the game at least).

The Index says she should be sleeping Sunday and Monday nights and Saturday and Sunday mornings but whenever I go over she's just playing video games. I even tried going over Sunday evening and watching TV with Kiara and Liane to pass the time in case the knocking at the door was waking her up but still video games.

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Figured it out. If you don't mark her "Holy fucking shit thank you" text as read then you don't have any options when you visit her at night. Once I marked it as read I was able to dream walk.

Enjoying the game but I'm stuck and skimmed a few pages and didn't see an answer.

How exactly do I dreamwalk with Kiara? I have her at rank 1 and I've visited her at night until she was able to orgasm but I can't ever find an enter dream option (for reference, I have Blair at Rank 5 so I understand the basics of the game at least).

The Index says she should be sleeping Sunday and Monday nights and Saturday and Sunday mornings but whenever I go over she's just playing video games. I even tried going over Sunday evening and watching TV with Kiara and Liane to pass the time in case the knocking at the door was waking her up but still video games.

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
It doesn't for me.
It might just be something weird in your browser. Despite there being no cursor change, can you still click on the words and have something happen?

And could you try another browser perhaps? Which one are you currently using? Do you have any special "Accessibility" features turn on or anything like that that might affect how the pages are rendered?

(You know, this would actually be a very good game for blind players, except for the subtlety of the font changes used for this sort of puzzle. When Myscra has nothing else to do [Ha!] he might want to consider whether there could be an alternative puzzle dynamic that would totally suit a blind player. It'd be a worthy addition to the game I feel.)

4.60 star(s) 43 Votes