HTML Accidental Mind [v3.5] [Myscra]

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes

geminus

Jan 25, 2018
Dunno if this has been said before, but there is no way to pick both Kaira and Blaire end states at the beginning.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
First off, Sorry everyone for not responding to messages earlier. I have not gotten any forum notifications in a month so I assumed that people had moved on to other things until the next release. I have noted all of the bugs and typos as of 9/9 and will be fixing them on the next release.

Will she be able to turn protagonist into one? Superhero with mind control powers is pretty neat.
Imagine Xavier, but he's actually doing something useful.:Kappa:
She's going to try her best.

Actually I think there are some more interesting dynamics going on here, and it's worth mentioning them.

I'm going to start with this Dev is one of my favourites in terms of story. (At this point).

You have a very interesting dynamic going on between heroes and villains, the heroes are definitely up to some shifty stuff. We're talking "1984, Brazil, animal farm" kinds of stuff, They are good, but that does not mean they are ethical. The villains don't currently have any real roles in the story but I can well believe some of them are James Bond/Nosferatu/Vlad the Impaler/or just Vector/Syndrome/Grue villain kind of bad. (Syndrome/Grue are actually remarkable on point in many respects)

Now

Superpowers while not common are not uncommon either, it seems that a small percentage of the general public might have some minor power, one of Blair's friends proves to be, at least, minorly pyrokinetic at one point.. She does not seem to be tracked and the MC does not note any mind defence active so she would be untrained and unnoticed by the Super"heroes"

You have a mentor and they're a supervillain, the heroes are happy to kill him, they certainly rob banks, but beyond that sort of evil they are extremely ethical, honestly mind powers of any sort are extremely powerful, plus they are effectively immortal. That said right now they're in your head, they have had several prime opportunities to subvert the people around you, and are taking extreme care not to do so, have offered support in whatever path you chose to take and have suggested that you could work with them.. (and if you are gay/bi (the MC is not) his probably up for that too when he gets a body, though that is possibly optional, he's pretty clear on his stance on sex.. "Yes please! two, or more, consenting adults can do what every we kink want.".)

This is saying allot about the supers, I suspect there are several superheroes we are yet to meet that do not follow this set of ideals. "Erase some memories for the greater good", "lock them up as there powers are too dangerous to be allowed out. (of our control)".

This story is not about being a Hero or a villain, though I suspect you will be able to behave a little like both, the nature of this game is such that any diverging paths would require a lot of extra writing from Myscra. I would not expect too much there, we're in for a fairly linear story.

Blaire is never really going to be a good conscience, she loves the protagonist, (the worst part of this love is that it exists before he messes, for want of a better word, with her head, it's her family imposed priorities that led her to be dismissive of him in the past, which explains her demeaner at the start, and is an extremely sad way to live your life.) You can somewhat direct her path, but, honestly whatever you do is going to leave her not really caring if you are good or evil. I honestly would like Blaire to have more agency, but... the issue is that true to her core motivations her agency is going to be exactly what she is doing. Honestly the MC needs to buy her some flowers, or get up earlier every now and again and help with the cleaning. Blaire deserves more from the MC than she got from her family.)

Kiara is a terrible conscience, she's possibly a genius, and while that's not classed as a power, it all to often comes with the word "evil" in front of it, she's certainly selfish, and used the mc to restructure her priorities to her desires, and the MC is a little naive here and effectively does it blindfolded so we have no idea what she did. She is your friend, but for Kiara... its possible that friendship is a thing she could sacrifice or abuse for her own greater good. And imgaine if you were given the option to restructure your own priorities are you sure you would put them in the correct order if that order made you a lazy slob, or might you raise things like work/gym ethic and such? She's certainly been abusing the MC's trust so far.

lol far more than I intended on writing.. :)
Please write more. I'm stoked that people are actually reading and catching the character stuff. Kiara and Blaire turned out a lot different than originally intended but I think the characterizations wound up being much more interesting.

Cerebralite is on the extreme end of the "open-mindedness" scale and his supervillain nature is more about just being free to do whatever he wants (which is most often banging). There are some truly fucked up villains but people just don't like talking about them (I mention one in passing, Rabid). There heroes range as well. Some of them truly belief their hype, while others are all about the greater good. Also, powers are not-uncommon. It's around 1/1000 but most are so minor that the person may not even realize they have it. Only 1% of those is enough to be considered a super power. Blaire's pyrokinetic friend is about as powerful as a standard match.

I actually had a whole gift buying system (including flowers) originally and a bit more wooing for Blaire but I cut it due to time and lack of coding ability (I was much worse than I am now and that's saying something).

Thanks for the answer, though as you might guess I've passed it now. (and teaching me a new word. -irrumatio )

I don't expect her to be excluded from the story, nor would I ask the dev to do so, I wanted more distance from a flawed character (Which is great) that looked to be heading somewhere I was not interested in following, I mainly wanted the character to have a little more culpability/trustworthiness which she actually gets.

I chose the partner path, seemed like it would give her more autonomy, and to be honest sidekick screams "I'm better than you", which seemed a betrayal of the established character relationship, that said there were some important character development (?) in her story that showed genuine concern over possible negative consequences regarding her actions. (I guess I like flawed characters developing, up till the gold door was not a lot of trust shown between these two, and I was beginning to wonder how they ever came to be friends.)
They were friends as kids and always lived next to each other, and Kiara was different when she was younger.

The only way I can personally accept the Sidekick path is that Kiara does admit she thinks being mind controlled is a real turn on - as arousing as controlling other people.
Or even mores so, though she would never admit it.

well, I think she does say something like that BEFORE getting that branch, latter it definitely gets confirmed when you get to the other branch. Honestly, I went both, the partner one because of the same reason as people seem to choose that one, and the sidekick because if something went bad after the super path starts maybe she could be safe if something bad happens (I mean: I would take her more as Oracle and Batman than an active sidekick). but I think the sidekick path is memeier in the special scenes.

As something different, I think the *upgrade to psychic powers* that is in the checklist could be like a second tier of sorts so it can develop more things in people (who knows maybe even powers, so maybe Blaire could have some).
That's an idea I had not thought about.

Another bug report... not a biggie though - doesn't affect gameplay much.

If you use your skill to put a girl to sleep at an odd time, and then dreamwalk and increase your connection with her, when you wake it should be the following day, but because you might be at the pool or in class, rather than in their bed room, things seem to get a bit confused with the time of day label, etc. Moving around a bit and passing some time seems to fix things.
I'm reworking this for the next release so I'll take a look at it.

I just wanted to say I really like this game's setting and descriptions. I think it's great. It's one of those games where the h-content gets in the way, because the rest of the game is just so good.
Thanks!

Can you enter Prism's/Crystal's dreams again after the first time? I couldn't find any opportunities to do so.
I just finished the dreamscape for 2.2 so you will be able to reenter it then.

I'm always happy to see a new update for this. I'll probably start a new game to check out the revamped intro, but I'm curious how the changes to mental constructs impacts old saves. Will the numbers get updated to modified values and such, or will it just work for new games. As the game expanded beyond Blaire I did find that I pretty much never felt like using the sleep inducer, so I can kind of see why it got cut. Perhaps once the roster of characters expands a bit it might be more useful again.
... I kind of didint think about that. I'll do what I can to make the altered versions work with the new updates.

Do you plan on adding images in the future?
Depends on the whims of Patreon I'm afraid. I would love to add them so if I can get enough money for it then I'll commission some art work or bring someone in.

From a gameplay point of view, having to grind Crystal's affection up by calling her, sleeping, calling her, sleeping for like 30 levels to get to the Downtown event after you form the connection is very unsatisfying. There really needs to be some inbetween stuff or for the grind to be reduce to like 40.

Also, can you add a $1 tier to your patreon Myscra?
I'll look into reducing the grind.
And sure thing, I can add in a 1 dollar tier.

Is this the max you can reach?? (with relay placement?)
View attachment 1443104

I feel like it is not.... but when I go to the phone to place relays I get a weird screen

View attachment 1443105
I'm going to rework these screens a bit and hopefully fix things up. Currently, you can't reach 100%.

Myscra
OK I have now completed the 2.1 content.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The prismpostconvos are not final. I honestly had so much to get through and modify that I definitely missed some. If any of them in particular read weird, please let me know.

I may alter the training text so that she uses a few different disguises. I didin't even think of how weird that would look.

I honestly don't like the text color. I'm not sure what I was thinking with that. I'll try and make it a bit more readable.

Dunno if anyone already informed, but Photona info shows Prism description
I was not, thanks for the heads up.

I've been struggling with her text colour on all the screens, and its the one you can't change. ( I don't imagine there is an easy fix for this. I suspect her text colour is hard coded throughout the game.)
Thankfully, I was given some good advice early on, so changing the text color is fairly simple. I've actually grown aggravated as well with it since I started writing her content. It will be changed.

kinda hopeful for liara content to learn and help her reduce her fear at least
I've been working on a 1 lady at a time model so Liara will most likely be after Prism is mostly done.

Reactions: Titivillus

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
First off, Sorry everyone for not responding to messages earlier. I have not gotten any forum notifications in a month so I assumed that people had moved on to other things until the next release. I have noted all of the bugs and typos as of 9/9 and will be fixing them on the next release.
None needed, I'm impressed with how active you are here, I just figured you were being active on you patreon account, unfortunately I can't afford to financially support anything in the current climate, but hoped finding bugs and typo's was some kind of support.

I think this a "playing early" kind of problem, but, Prism's Rap gets reset at at the end of the last version or the start of this one, and then you have to grind it up again, having already been though all the conversation options I had to grind through them again, which was frustrating, also there may have been 1 or 2 new ones that I had previously missed, would it be possible to get the ones that have been read marked somehow? It would make new topics of conversation easier to find, And lead to less just clicking though till the hearts fill up.

Please write more. I'm stoked that people are actually reading and catching the character stuff. Kiara and Blaire turned out a lot different than originally intended but I think the characterizations wound up being much more interesting.
Happy too, I'm engaged with the story as a whole... though time to insert a spoiler tags... as I wrote about a lot of end version story line.

Thanks for all the work. I should/will rate this game as it really deserves it.

Reactions: moodle

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
None needed, I'm impressed with how active you are here, I just figured you were being active on you patreon account, unfortunately I can't afford to financially support anything in the current climate, but hoped finding bugs and typo's was some kind of support.

I think this a "playing early" kind of problem, but, Prism's Rap gets reset at at the end of the last version or the start of this one, and then you have to grind it up again, having already been though all the conversation options I had to grind through them again, which was frustrating, also there may have been 1 or 2 new ones that I had previously missed, would it be possible to get the ones that have been read marked somehow? It would make new topics of conversation easier to find, And lead to less just clicking though till the hearts fill up.

Happy too, I'm engaged with the story as a whole... though time to insert a spoiler tags... as I wrote about a lot of end version story line.

Thanks for all the work. I should/will rate this game as it really deserves it.
Wanted to say that I like your game and that I found a couple minor bugs and typos[v2.1].

I am going to wind up going back to Kiara and reworking some of her story and characterization. She's suppose to be a bit more evil than the MC but your point does stand. Neither the MC or Cerebralite would be okay with some of the stuff that she does. When I was writing her I was kind of reaching for ways to differentiate the paths and kind of just ran with some of the ideas. She's still going to be the devil on the MC shoulder (to Prism's angel) but having out right evil (for now) was not the plan. Currently, the direction I think I'll take it is that the people she's directly hypnotizing (as opposed to the general making people horny) will be members of her hypnosis fetish community and be volunteers and/or recruits. Kingston and Molly will be directly recruited by Kiara and in for the whole hypnosis thing. She will complain that the MC is to sensitive and won't let her just do her thing and use her powers more often. She has it in her to be evil but the MC is a moderating influence.

Same with Blaire, I want to go back with the dedicated route and make things a bit clearer and reinforce how she stands with other women and such Kind of a hot husband type deal. Also, I will change the second cycle of rapport building with crystal (set it to 30 instead of 0). I'm not sure what I was thinking with that.

I might have to take a development cycle to just go back and get all the story elements straight and bring everything together.

Reactions: moodle

andy60

Jan 14, 2017
Myscra
To perhaps offer offer a counterpoint.
Unlike Malleee I don't at all think that Kiara is "going to far". Nor do I think that the MC would care all that much.

The scene that springs to my mind is the "chillin with the Villains" debate early on in Kiara's superpath.
Assholes are prime targets. Kingston was a jerk thus became a target. The logic here is internally consistent to me.
I feel that changing things towards: "Don't worry they all were totally submissive hypnofetishists beforehand." removes a lot of impact from the story.
At the end of the day the two of you are (fledgling) supervilains.
A similar argument could be made with Sam. I personally interpreted his warnings as going in the direction of "Don't cause total ego death/completely crush a mind etc...or other people are going to smack your shit" NOT that he is against all manipulation of free will.

In the end all of this is of course very subjective. It depends thouroghly on how the reader interpret certain characters and their scenes. And pleasing everyone is impossible. Different players will come away with different takes. But that can also be a strength.
So maybe leave things open ended enough that players can make up their own mind.
And if Kiara is supposed to be your "most evil" connection, then let her demonstrate that and be evil.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
I am going to wind up going back to Kiara and reworking some of her story and characterization. She's suppose to be a bit more evil than the MC but your point does stand. Neither the MC or Cerebralite would be okay with some of the stuff that she does.
Yeah that is what I took from the characters so far... Don't get me wrong I think that Kiara makes a great devil character, and honestly she could be truly evil, though I am not convinced you're taking her that way just yet, I was just kind of wondering why the MC and Sam are not a little more concerned, even a perhaps little horrified, and with the elegance of your story/characters/writing, I was a little mystified as to how this was proceeding as it was.

When I was writing her I was kind of reaching for ways to differentiate the paths and kind of just ran with some of the ideas. She's still going to be the devil on the MC shoulder (to Prism's angel) but having out right evil (for now) was not the plan. Currently, the direction I think I'll take it is that the people she's directly hypnotizing (as opposed to the general making people horny) will be members of her hypnosis fetish community and be volunteers and/or recruits. Kingston and Molly will be directly recruited by Kiara and in for the whole hypnosis thing. She will complain that the MC is to sensitive and won't let her just do her thing and use her powers more often. She has it in her to be evil but the MC is a moderating influence.
For a start Kiara using such a community would solve a couple of the moral quandaries that exist for Sam and the player, and if she slowly becomes more evil in a less overt fashion, that would allow for more breathing room around moral judgements from the other characters. Or more evilly, She could say that is where they are from.. The MC has no reason to doubt her at this point. And I'm pretty sure Sam is not aware of much when he is not present in the scene, I mean he never comments on the elder god you encounter... :p

Looking forwards to it, I would be quite interested to see Kiara develop into the "shoulder devil" as you suggest, it would be nice if it was slow enough that the MC/Sam could kind of miss it happening, Both the MC and Sam strike me as at least "above average" intelligence, and while the MC might miss outright evil from the start (due to familiarity,) Sam would not. Kiara is also smart enough to know that the MC might have issues, while she might think Sam as a supervillian is right on board with her "controlling" way of thinking, which could lead to some very interesting development possibilities too

Same with Blaire, I want to go back with the dedicated route and make things a bit clearer and reinforce how she stands with other women and such Kind of a hot husband type deal. Also, I will change the second cycle of rapport building with crystal (set it to 30 instead of 0). I'm not sure what I was thinking with that.
That would be interesting, you could mess about with the readers (players) ethics here quite a bit here too, I mean how far is the MC willing to bend people? If Blaire is the jealous type do we go into her head and mess with it or do we sneak around behind her back? how do the players choose solve this situation?

It was not the need to rebuild the rapport, it was the repeating content, I'd fully completed already. :(

Myscra
To perhaps offer offer a counterpoint.
Unlike Malleee I don't at all think that Kiara is "going to far". Nor do I think that the MC would care all that much.
Oh you miss-interpret me. :(

Kiara is not going to far.

Evil is evil and Kiara can be that, but Sam is not, and I'm fairly sure the MC is not either, but ignoring the MC, Sam has made several comments on this and their are two that spring to mind.

"You don't have the built-in safeguards I normally have. Remember how your psychic presence is enough to slowly unlock her sexuality? ... "If I touched any of her active psychic representations, she would be hit by my full, undiluted psychic presence and that would be bad. We're talking mindless fuck-doll bad. I try to avoid that unless I'm asked nicely and have time to build in a way to reverse it."

It sounds like it might have occurred, perhaps to save his own life, but Sam clearly has a moral compass around free will, and while I'm sure he'd do stuff that I would consider uncomfortable, or even evil, I don't believe Sam would subvert your core motivations, or even minor ones with out a damned good reason.

I think we see that here when Sam says this:

"Okay then, the ‘Superiority’ entry is first now, but still has low page numbers. So she naturally wants to come out on top and her life situation simply exacerbated that motivation. Flip through until you find page one.
*You flip through the first quarter of the book until you find the page marked 1, Blaire’s Motivations, Happiness. Sam nods sagely.*
That makes sense, happiness is probably the most common primary motivation. Now we can do a bit of psychic surgery.
*Your eyes go wide and Sam holds up his hands just as you are about to protest.*
Let me explain … I propose to simply undo what the world has done to Blaire and put her motivations and priorities back on their natural track. Sam looks slightly saddened and lowers his hands. Trust me, the worst thing about being psychic is realizing just how messed up and self deluded the world can make people."

These scenes somewhat defined how the MC and Sam think/feel about controlling others.

The scene that springs to my mind is the "chillin with the Villains" debate early on in Kiara's superpath.
Assholes are prime targets. Kingston was a jerk thus became a target. The logic here is internally consistent to me.
I feel that changing things towards: "Don't worry they all were totally submissive hypnofetishists beforehand." removes a lot of impact from the story.
Again my issue here is not with how evil Kiara is, it's the lack of reaction from characters who should react, Kiara is written as smart enough to be subtle, and if she's not the character interactions won't work. Prism will lock Kiara up, Prism might even kill Kiara to stop her. I can't imagine she would want to but... Prism will protect people it's one of her base motivations and Kiara has no way to defend herself from Prism. If Kiara starts at this level of "evil" Prism has no viable/believable way of interacting with her in any way but antagonistic.

And they can't just mess with Prism's head to make her morals more compatible, because someone else is currently doing that and they are going to notice, even the changes that have just occurred are going to cause issues I suspect. That shield gets regular tuning and why the hell is she wearing that jacket again????

andy60

Jan 14, 2017
Malleee
I wouldn't say I misunderstood you so much as that we seem to have different base assumptions.
I don't think as Sam as a particularly moral character. Being polite and helpful are not the same things as being morally good.
In fact being helpful to us is the practical and pragmatic choice since he has a very open ulterior motive. He wants OUT of our head.
A similar thing could be said about the main character. Yes, he is nice to his immediate surroundings and the people he has a close personal connection to. This is however also the same person who among other things can spend his afternoon following around drug dealers doing their business in the park. Or the innumerable violations of privacy with telepathy etc.
Currently most of the MC's potential mindcontrol is tied to his dreamwalking ability.
But seeing how he uses the powers he has, I fully believe that if he had more accessible mindcontrol powers he would use them just as casually. The MC to me may have started out as a decent blank state but by now I consider him of highly dubious character.

On the Blair psychic surgery scene:
Are you interpretting the MC's variness as a moral quandary?
To me it couldn't be that. The MC recoils before he actually knows what that is.
Or in other words he is having a typical everyday reaction when hearing the word 'surgery'.
("I'm taking tomorrow off, my sister is being prepped for surgery" "Wow, that sounds dangerous")
His variness is one of lacking technical skill and knowledge about what is going on.
Both that scene in particular and the Blair dreamwalks in general have a very "new guy at the office" feel to it.
Likely intentional since Blair is the first/tutorial character you make a connection to.
Another RL equivalent that comes to mind is this:
The MC is the new trainee and gets nervous the first time he gets told to use the big bandsaw in the workshop. Messing up is not allowed and would be bad for everyone involved.

As for Prism's reaction to Kiara spreading hypnosis around town, it is already in the game.
It is part of her Postconvos where she knows that both you and Kiara are fledgling supers. (Talk about superpowers->Kiara's hypnosis should be unlocked from the start I think? If not you might have to talk about the other hypnosis topics first.)
Yes she isn't particulary happy about it but she isn't completely losing her shit.
And while upset she does listen to Kiara's explanation about how the city just seems sex-obsessed and how her actual hypnosis is very weak. (A point I believe Kiara on, given how alot of the random events play out.) Given how the scene then ends the game also seems to in agreement on this point.

Another scene in the current version is where Prism 'encourages' you to tell Blaire that you are a psychic and messed with her head. In me that scene merely evokes good-natured eyerolling and going "Oh shut up Crystal, everything's fine." I get the feeling that you might have a different take on that scene.

In the end different people enjoy different things and have divergent perspectives.
So as said in my earlier post I merely wanted to offer a counterpoint from someone who has a different view than your argument to Myscra.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
But seeing how he uses the powers he has, I fully believe that if he had more accessible mindcontrol powers he would use them just as casually. The MC to me may have started out as a decent blank state but by now I consider him of highly dubious character.
I might agree with dubious character but I would not take dominating mindcontrol as a given aim, (from what I've read at this point) lightweight "Nudges" seem more likely to me. There's a conversation with Sam where (around the same time as chillin like a villain where there are a couple things that make me think his not so into the full control side. He seems a little taken back when Sam suggests acts that are not so hero like. And then Sam goes on to describe things where the ends might justify the means..

On the Blair psychic surgery scene:
Are you interpretting the MC's variness as a moral quandary?
No, what I took from that was Blair is a bitch to him, and the MC's reaction was to put her head back on the way she wanted it, now perhaps he just did not consider the opportunity being presented, or perhaps he wanted Sam's approval here, but if he was truly dubious he would have been tempted to mess something up here.

But taking your bandsaw example he's got the opportunity to go back and do true evil now, and there was more than one opportunity to do evil, the trophy case, and the book were both opportunities. Not to mention now his in the swing of things Kiara would also be a perfect target (best friend or not, she started it after all,) for more aggressive control, you're going to need a fall guy at some point if that is the way your heading.

Pump her head full of telepathy till she passes out, go in and stich her up the way you want her. I doubt there will be any lucid dreaming to save her under those circumstances.

That's not to say that this would not make a great game too, I just don't see the ground work for it "Yet" in the current story, so far there's more moral high ground stuff from the MC than skullduggery.

As for Prism's reaction to Kiara spreading hypnosis around town, it is already in the game.
Not really.

She knows you believe the following to be true, This is what we said under fMRI which I presume works:
"We've decided to both become Supers but want to do our own thing and screw the Society because they're a bunch of pretentious self-righteous assholes that only play at being the good guys because it makes them rich and allows them to cover up all the shady shit they really do. You look her in the eyes. At first, I wanted to hang out with you because you're cool and it seemed like you needed some time to just hang out. Then I saw how you weren't exactly happy with the society itself and me and Kiara decided that maybe you feel similar to us. That the society is corrupt and we could do more good going after the assholes they won't touch on our own and have some fun doing it. Then things just kept happening and you mentioned how all Supers have to be registered and what happens if they don't want to and things just … you raise your hands helplessly. got out of hand."

The part I've put in bold is something I think defines the MC's attitude. We're lead to believe it can't be a lie. (though what Kiara wants is not ours to know, she hid most of the stuff in her head from the MC.)

Kiara's plans involve actual slaves. Prism as is would not stand for it. (not to mention she can hit kiara with her own suggestions now. ) And there's the added danger of supers who can hear kiara's "suggestions", and I'd bet Prism or Sam could point out at least one of them who might.

Another scene in the current version is where Prism 'encourages' you to tell Blaire that you are a psychic and messed with her head. In me that scene merely evokes good-natured eyerolling and going "Oh shut up Crystal, everything's fine." I get the feeling that you might have a different take on that scene.
Are you talking about: " Crystal doesn't seem particularly happy about Blaire not knowing about your connection and does encourage you to talk to her and to admit what's going on. It's something to think about and you promise her to do so."
If so I took it as something you were going to think about. It's exactly what the text says you will do. Nothing there suggests any kind of eye roll to me.

In the end different people enjoy different things and have divergent perspectives.
So as said in my earlier post I merely wanted to offer a counterpoint from someone who has a different view than your argument to Myscra.
Well and truly, though I'd say I am not looking to shape the story, I'm simply saying what I took from the story and the motivational parts of it I have had issues with.

In almost all of the games here I would not have these issues, they just don't offer the character building foundations that this game does.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
lol.. Each to their own I guess, and while I would find that weirdly flattering, not really my cup of tea.

damias

Sep 13, 2020
or maybe split kiara level of evilness depending if she is a sidekick or not since you are a bigger influence if shes on her own choice making with help or following you more faithfully (the desired pleasure compared to the traditional efficient cold and hardworking to make the most of her power so being more evil like the 2 paths were she is super choosing by herself,the light version path could be the mindfucked one were she wanna be controlled more and you could even push that maybe, still, an interesting idea there from the creator, really hope to see what comes next(also thanks for the reply to the earlier comment :))

andy60

Jan 14, 2017
Somewhere out there, a member of f95 with a Moral Philosophy fetish is reading the Malleee / andy60 debate and is getting SO turned on.
As someone who has in fact taken a philosophy class during my schooling years I feel a strong urge to make several stupid jokes here. But I shall refrain from that. Still you did make me chuckle so good on you.

Concerning Malleee
As expected we are going to have to agree to disagree. While I do believe there are good arguments for both sides of this discussion(and I enjoyed having it) I don't feel that taking up a lot of the thread with a constant back and forth for who knows how many posts provides a lot of merit for anyone but the two of us.

Besides ultimately it is not we who need to convince the other. It is Myscra who needs to decide how he wants to write and continue his game/story. As I believe I have said previously I like scenes that are ambigious enough to allow multiple interpretations for the reader. Maybe future scenes will support this.
Or maybe future updates will lock in a much firmer stance on various characters. In any case it is his decision to make.
Regardless I have made the points I wanted to make so unless the Dev Myscra chooses to weight in on this and/or has questions for me I will end it here.

I wish everyone who enjoyed this a good day and thank Malleee for a civil discourse. I am unfortunately used to much more unpleasant arguments.

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
Don't worry about it.

Dude, I remember playing this in one of the earliest releases and I was like 'this game seems interesting, but I will let it get developed more'. Is better than I expected.

as the people said, the story is really good, but I also would like to point the absurd (and comical) scenes (the whole anti-squid training, the demon lord child, Blaire's substitute, and the artist with an existential crisis). plus I think there is a comedic undertone in some scenes, like when you pleasure-nuked the small titty goth henchwoman (btw I will leave typos and observations in a spoiler tag).

as far as the discussion of characters:
Kiara, my comment that the sidekick path is just so she can be safer is because the partner path is going to put her directly into the radar of somebody (she is like a cult leader, but she hypnotizes rather than indoctrinates people). she is obviously evil, and as far as we (the actual player not Kyle) are concerned, nobody that would judge her or influence her is completely in the know (Kyle just shrugs off because she is a pervert, Cerebralite is sleep except when kyle calls for him or dreams, and we don't know exactly what she showed Prism). From a story perspective, this is not bad, because conflict can be something good for a story, and this is a time bomb. Personally, I prefer the sidekick path because she can be safer, she can still become a villain on her own (if the dev deems it ok), Kyle can nudge her in the right direction, and because YOU CAN MAKE THE DUCK GO FASTER.

Blaire, I have seen mostly the dedicated route (I don't think I have seen all the FWB events), and I think the main difference between the 2 paths is the means to seek her happiness (recovering ideals of the past vs freeing the tension of relationships). Although we can discuss that part and how each path looks from the outside, something that the game DOES say is how much kyle cares about his relationship with her regardless of the path, the game also says that he thinks about getting rid of the link because he does not want to mess with her head. If there are going to be more branches, There are so many choices: cutting the link, telling her, her meeting with some super (remember the VIP floor and the 3rd floor at the club).

as for Sam, remember that he was a hero, is implied that he is somewhat like what Kyle and Kiara are planning (fucking over other evil people). And although we can't confirm some parts of why he is helping, he seems to have a moral compass when dealing with mental changes, but we don't exactly know how he would react to Kiara's plans (partner path).

Overall, there is only one scenario that would make shit hit the fan (if Kiara gets too much attention with her plans) and is one that according to the characters makes sense. I understand if you would want to make some changes, but just to reassure you, the characters are not bad (on the contrary they are great).

now on to the spoiler tag section:

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
- this probably was explained, but how is the power rank work? (I know that C1 is stronger than C3, but what exactly means the 'A', 'C', etc)
'C' stands for Class, where class 1 was compared to Professor Xavier or Magneto and class 5 would be a very weak ability. 'A' denotes the power is artificial, such as Kiara's powers, rather than innate. I honestly don't know if this is in game anywhere at the moment, I just remember somebody else asking this question.

Reactions: tpk

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
Concerning Malleee
As expected we are going to have to agree to disagree. While I do believe there are good arguments for both sides of this discussion(and I enjoyed having it) I don't feel that taking up a lot of the thread with a constant back and forth for who knows how many posts provides a lot of merit for anyone but the two of us.
Glad you enjoyed it, I certainly took a closer look at my assumptions, I don't "know" that I'm right, so you've had me take a look at the game text and re-evaluating it was interesting.

Besides ultimately it is not we who need to convince the other. It is Myscra who needs to decide how he wants to write and continue his game/story. As I believe I have said previously I like scenes that are ambigious enough to allow multiple interpretations for the reader. Maybe future scenes will support this.
I suspect that will be somewhat the intent, limited by story threads though, drift off too far from the main story line and every path would need to be written separately, in this format that seems like a hell of a lot of work. I'm not aware that Myscra is a guy? I would have guessed at it but I've wondered.

Or maybe future updates will lock in a much firmer stance on various characters. In any case it is his decision to make.
Regardless I have made the points I wanted to make so unless the Dev Myscra chooses to weight in on this and/or has questions for me I will end it here.
That's a shame I was, about to delve off into what you thought the glowing eyes signified and what powers the MC might be subtly exhibiting, I'm of the opinion that the glowing eyes and the sexual telepathy may not be same power. I was also thinking that it might not be (only?) healing we are seeing as a secondary power, I mean have we actually seen the MC physically injured yet? There seems to be a presumption he has been but???

I wish everyone who enjoyed this a good day and thank Malleee for a civil discourse. I am unfortunately used to much more unpleasant arguments.
I would have been disappointed for it to have been anything but that. Thanks for the conversation.

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes