HTML Accidental Mind [v3.5] [Myscra]

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
there are some places where things that claim to affect stats, don't actually affect said stats (ie: prism's stress after trust thing) it also seems to be possible to to cap a stat so that it can't be reduced. (again, prism.sts after the trust thing is an example, but i'm pretty sure i remember it happening with a few other stats during her minigame.)

also the comment that someone had about having the wrong name during a prism event happened to me too, iirc, withing three or 4 vists after the trust thing.

there were also a couple of wierd happenings with the stress relief potion of prism that makes me thing you may want to give that entire set of loops another look.

Since i wasn't sure you would actually see the comment i stopped keeping track of things like that and just edited the html to fix it where i could and went on about my day. the stress relief portion of the "pirsm minigame" was convoluted enough that i didn't attempt to do anything... oh, also, it's possible to get bondage to show up in your vault... as many times as you want.... so, the check(s) for that push don't seem to be set up right...

View attachment 1500930

also, and this doesn't have anything to do with bugs in the game, but i noticed that you switch conventions for variable changes
set $player.stat = $player.stat + 4
vs
set $player.stat+=4 (or set $player.stat += 4)

using the condenced $player.stat+=4 saves the most characters and with how many times it gets used may be the best choice to find/replace all with... unless you want to rip it all out and make it into a function. (I do not recommend making it a function at this point in development).
I'll go through the Prism's stuff to make sure all the stat changes are working as they should. For some reason, I've had more issues with her stats then any of the other characters. Which stress relief portion do you mean (It's a bit late so my brain may not be working right now and I'm not sure what you mean). I will also double check the Bondage knowledge thing to make sure it can't be added twice.

As for the convention change. I didn't know about the condensed version until several versions after I started. I've mentioned it before, I am not a great coder.

You'd want a test display so they could see what they are doing to themselves :)
That is a good idea. I might add in a whole visual section with a test paragraph, different bg colors, etc.

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
Which stress relief portion do you mean (It's a bit late so my brain may not be working right now and I'm not sure what you mean).

As for the convention change. I didn't know about the condensed version until several versions after I started. I've mentioned it before, I am not a great coder.
I wasn't meaning it to knock on your skills. XD I was just suggesting how you could change it (fairly) easily if you wanted to. It's not hurting anything they way it is, and unless you get like 100's of thousands of more lines of code the extra size it adds to an uncompressed file is minuscule by todays standards.

on prism's bars, the only thing that i found that reduces the stress bar for 100% sure is the handcuff option. the other two don't do squat to her stress. Now, it **COULD** just be the display bar, since i didn't take the time to hunt down the variable in running code i don't know what it was actually doing. but since using handcuffs caused the stress bar to decrease, i assume it's an issue with the other two actions (rope and sense dep)

conpeludacha

Jun 17, 2017
Just want to say that although a bit grindy, I really like this game. Pervy stuff aside, the plot is really catching and I'm finding myself reading everything, something I almost never do for full text games. The Prism stuff is phenomenal. Great work!!

• Love
Reactions: Suknickar

andy60

Jan 14, 2017
Myscra

A few more things I noticed
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That Blaire should be Crystal/Prism.

fairly sure the second $prism.debate should be 2.

Park area is, I think, only the internal codename. So it should be "in the Park District" or "near the Park".

Onto my more general thoughts on the update.

It's pretty neat that the movie date brought the favcolour choice back. Overall, I quite like all the new scenes of interacting with Crystal. I want to highlight the Sensory deprivation scene. It is a part of the fetish I see entirely too rarely. So, congrats on it and I hope you indulge in it more in future updates.

The Photona interruption has a few interesting titbits. Photona immediately having some weird attraction to us was unexpected. Not quite sure where this is going. Sure, I could make a few guesses but I have little to back them up. Time will tell where this goes.
Actually more interesting to me is the fact is that Centuria doesn't have shields at all and seems to be relying on her willpower for defense. Seems pretty ballsy. Oh and of course it means that her behaviour is genuine.

Another thing I found interesting is Prism's uniform update. Her lvl3 uniform covers more but is in fact tighter. Looking forward to how this evolves.
Her civilian clothes on the other hand are starting to lean a bit too much into the rainbow motive for me. Though that is ofc subjective. But then again, one of the positives of a text game is being able to imagine her however I want.

The last big thing we got in this update is the rest of her mindscape.
Upon initial exploration it seems to fit her decently well.
I must say however that I find the layout a bit more confusing than Blaire&Kiara's.
The newest revelation regarding SS strengthen my belief that the mind manipulation seems to be a group of people with bad ambitions. While shady before it is one thing to make Prism more PR friendly. Outright manipulating her with "Don't investigate this list of people, they are upstanding members of society" hints at darker intentions.
The fact that there were already commands dealing with her relationship with the player also speaks for rather significant levels of oversight and micromanagement on the part of the SS group.

bwa

Jun 13, 2018
Hello! I'm playing 2.2 on an imported save from 2.0a, and I'm getting an error when i try to talk to Vivian:

Code:
Apologies! An error has occurred. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: State.variables.npc.vivi is undefined.
Though I've found that I can solve this by Saving, Restart a new game, then loading the saved game.

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
Hello! I'm playing 2.2 on an imported save from 2.0a, and I'm getting an error when i try to talk to Vivian:

Code:
Apologies! An error has occurred. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: State.variables.npc.vivi is undefined.
Though I've found that I can solve this by Saving, Restart a new game, then loading the saved game.
so if you start directly from the save you get the error again?

bwa

Jun 13, 2018
Also, another bug that i've had since 2.0a was that when I want to talk to Crystal about BDSM->Ropes, it always triggers the Sensory Deprivation conversation, and I can't seem to even have the rope conversation with her.

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
Also, another bug that i've had since 2.0a was that when I want to talk to Crystal about BDSM->Ropes, it always triggers the Sensory Deprivation conversation, and I can't seem to even have the rope conversation with her.
I am not having this problem when starting a fresh game. it may be related to the save you loaded, or i may have accidently fixed it when i was poking around in the html. (I almost certainly didn't accidently fix something of that nature, however i can't discount it 100%)

I am going to starting a new playthrough from an unedited html file and logging all the changes i do so i can help myscra with fixing the prism loop issues i mentioned. (assuming my help is wanted)

If I import the save, then yes, I get the error again.
it sounds like the save is missing something that is loaded into memory when you start a new game and then retained after the load process completes.

would you mind sharing the save with me so i can see if i can reproduce it? If you are ok with it, please DM me

Last edited:

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Well, the error message pretty much says it all; $npc.vivi is not defined in that save. You can fix that using your browser's console:
SugarCube.State.variables.npc.vivi = 0;

I'm assuming 0 is the default, which might not be correct. If you want you can check the game in Twine by importing it there and see what the variable is initiated at.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
Yeah I reported that a couple of posts ago, Dev is aware of it.

if you want to fix it without waiting for the next version edit the html file and look at my previous post to work it out.

Last edited:

bwa

Jun 13, 2018
Yeah I reported that a couple of posts ago, Dev is aware of it.

if you want to fix it without waiting for the next version edit the html file and look at my previous post to work it out.
I am not having this problem when starting a fresh game. it may be related to the save you loaded, or i may have accidently fixed it when i was poking around in the html. (I almost certainly didn't accidently fix something of that nature, however i can't discount it 100%)

I am going to starting a new playthrough from an unedited html file and logging all the changes i do so i can help myscra with fixing the prism loop issues i mentioned. (assuming my help is wanted)
You know what, I'm a big dummy. I think this got fixed in in the 2.2a update. I was playing on the 2.2 (not a) version i downloaded a few days ago, so that's no longer a problem after i got the "a" version

Aug 3, 2017
So I had a question regarding Blaire's path choice, if you use the episodic sequencer, you can see that there are some scenes for Blaire and Kiara on Blaire's dedicated path. Does this mean I can get Blaire to do threesomes and such on the dedicated path? The hint when choosing Blaire's path seems to indicate that this isn't the case so now I'm somewhat confused.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
So I had a question regarding Blaire's path choice,
Some with Kiara, I've not seen any others, yet. Though there is a scene by the pool where Kiara and Blaire go to have some fun without you to piss you off. This is on the relationship path, I'd guess this scene is on all paths but on this one well.... I have some issues with it as I don't like Kiara so I find it either ntr or verging on it.

Reactions: foreverusername

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
So I had a question regarding Blaire's path choice, if you use the episodic sequencer, you can see that there are some scenes for Blaire and Kiara on Blaire's dedicated path. Does this mean I can get Blaire to do threesomes and such on the dedicated path? The hint when choosing Blaire's path seems to indicate that this isn't the case so now I'm somewhat confused.
The hints in the dev note

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes