• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Keep an eye on your appearance and exercise regularly. You can go from skinny to fat in a couple of days of eating without exercise (and without warning), and then your existing lovers (who loved your lower weight) will dump you.

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
You know, for a game that has 'Superslut' as a possible feature, it sure does whatever it can to stop my character from throwing herself onto other dudes.

Seriously, what am I doing wrong here? I enabled both alluring and vulva pheromones and made her a liberated slut. Yet, when I successfully pick up an NPC, I get locked into either ignoring his desire or straight up leaving.

• Thinking Face

GTK/HLK

Sep 28, 2017
Not sure i would want to know how you got there.., (i wonder if that would be fixed by now though in 0.46, despite the fact dev still going, but a drought of uploaders there is..,)
like what even happened after Character Creationed that F-ed that up.., since some things still went through..,

(edit: kinda funny that Chubby, Fat, and small went through though..,)

• Haha

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Having played this game for a while, I can come to the arguably safe conclusion that AW is pretty much a worse version of Newlife while also being a somewhat better version of Lab Rats 2. It's like if someone thought to take the relationship aspect of Newlife and slapped together everything that made Lab Rats 2 the slog that it is and painted it over with pretty graphics.

Seriously, the most amount of fun you'll ever have in this game is character creation and whatever kink you find that tickles your pickle because everything else saps the life out of you. Cheats don't help either as they only marginally make the experience suck less by making the game actually somewhat manageable.

As of version 0.46, despite the initial anticipation I've had for the marriage feature, I cannot bring myself to spend the needed time and effort to actually reach the content as it takes place over several in-game months. With the huge amount of absolutely nothing but lifesim tedium, there's quite nothing one can do but just drift through the days until you get there. It's not like people play games to escape life's bleakness anyhow.

This game would really benefit from a time skip cheat.

borednow

Mar 1, 2018
Having played this game for a while, I can come to the arguably safe conclusion that AW is pretty much a worse version of Newlife while also being a somewhat better version of Lab Rats 2. It's like if someone thought to take the relationship aspect of Newlife and slapped together everything that made Lab Rats 2 the slog that it is and painted it over with pretty graphics.
While I agree that this is a worse version of newlife, I disagree that it is better than Lab Rats 2. At least LR2 has a decent sex system, the sex in this game is just uninteresting and not worth the time it takes to get to it. Also, LR2 has a modded version that makes it easy to play, but even with cheats AW is still a pain in the arse.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
While I agree that this is a worse version of newlife, I disagree that it is better than Lab Rats 2. At least LR2 has a decent sex system, the sex in this game is just uninteresting and not worth the time it takes to get to it. Also, LR2 has a modded version that makes it easy to play, but even with cheats AW is still a pain in the arse.
You know what? You're right. For all of LR2's faults and horrendous 3D models that are frankly a downgrade from LR1, it does have a decent sex system. Not only that, but at least there's something to do in LR2. There, you can spend time making serums, flirting with girls and even building some meaningful affection.

Perhaps I was too harsh on LR2. I stand corrected.

borednow

Mar 1, 2018
You know what? You're right. For all of LR2's faults and horrendous 3D models that are frankly a downgrade from LR1, it does have a decent sex system. Not only that, but at least there's something to do in LR2. There, you can spend time making serums, flirting with girls and even building some meaningful affection.

Perhaps I was too harsh on LR2. I stand corrected.
Agreed. LR2 is far from a perfect game but regardless of its flaws there is still a lot of fun to be had with it. The character interactions and sex scenes are great, the likes/dislikes, taboo and horny systems keeps things interesting. To be honest all I think VRen needs to do is improve the art assets, reduce the grind with making serums and simplify the management aspects of the game and it would be pretty good.

Contrast that with AW, and I cant think of one aspect of the game that I would call fun. I remember when this game first came out and it was just the character creator, and I was so excited for what the game could grow into but as time has gone on I've just been more and more disappointed with it.
I feel bad talking like this about it as unlike some other creators, cough, splendid ostrich, I do think Thaumx puts a lot of effort into the game. The problem is they seem to waist so much time putting a stupid level of detail/effort into the kinks/aspects that interest them even though 99.9% of the player base wont notice a difference between that and something they could have spent a fraction of the time on. An example of this would be pregnancy, now I like impregnation mechanics in games and often skip games that lack it, but the level of detail in this game is just stupidly overcomplicated and doesn't add any enjoyability to the player over simpler systems. Another example would be the AI system they spent who knows how long working on before scrapping.

Meanwhile other aspects of the game, such as street prostitution, feel like they got hurriedly put together in an afternoon just to say it was in the game before never being thought about again. It doesn't even use the sex system mechanic, which also needs a huge amount of work done to it, it's just oh it happened there was a scene next.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
On here? Last I checked, it's still version 0.43 with cheats. Only reason I have 0.46 with cheats is because I was under the false impression that the heavy focus on relationship and marriage would translate into something resembling a game, thus leading to $10 that I could have spent on literally anything else.

Was it worth it? Hell no. With the aforementioned abundance of nothing interesting to do, the lack of an option to easily skip days or weeks is mindnumbing. The Fixer has this option but I feel like that would be an unfair comparison considering that they're made with very different engines. Then again, Thaumx has been working on this for far longer than The Fixer has existed so it's not like it's unwarranted.

Chances are you're going to have to wait a bit more until OP updates the version on this site. With the patreon price tag and lackluster content, I don't blame them for holding off on that.

yaryaryar

Apr 30, 2018
No worries. I am not a fan of the random grind and confusing bars and everything, but this game touches all my favorite fetishes so I'm always into the latest release. I will be patient till the new release is out, I'm interested in the wedding ceremony.

I would play it like a kinetic novel and not much as a game itself, it's easy enough to cheat to skip the tedium with devtools or a text editor.

Jul 29, 2019
The dev of newlife is super scammy (or just kinda forgets that he has a patreon), but yeah it is a better game than accidental woman.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Well if newlife was declared complete and finished right now, there would be some disappointment, but it would look like a complete game. If Accidental Woman was declared finished right now, it would look like a strange abandoned beta.

Reactions: Teize

GTK/HLK

Sep 28, 2017
i have played Newlife recently..,
and tbh.., its still lacking..,
there is something in which games of this genre can expand on.., yet kinda dont..,(and at times, stick to the stereotypes..,)
but yeah.., not fun when you play and find out you need to reload the game(Newlife) and try to find a way to progress the week.., yet always end at a completely blank screen with no way forward..,

but this is a topic about AW..,
and while rough is puttin light..,
if it fixes/gets on a path that works..,(or where its going since its not clear right now)
itll be good.., but for now.., guess ill just have to wait til someone actually uploads a more recent version, than continuously crowd the(ironically related to the newlife bug)Horse..,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jul 29, 2019
i have played Newlife recently..,
and tbh.., its still lacking..,
there is something in which games of this genre can expand on.., yet kinda dont..,(and at times, stick to the stereotypes..,)
but yeah.., not fun when you play and find out you need to reload the game(Newlife) and try to find a way to progress the week.., yet always end at a completely blank screen with no way forward..,

but this is a topic about AW..,
and while rough is puttin light..,
if it fixes/gets on a path that works..,(or where its going since its not clear right now)
itll be good.., but for now.., guess ill just have to wait til someone actually uploads a more recent version, than continuously crowd the(ironically related to the newlife bug)Horse..,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Honestly I feel like AW is unplayable sometimes, even when I use cheats I just feel like I'm becoming almost as suicidal as my character. Honestly the game is really cool, but there's just something off about it...besides the abundance of bugs and lack of things to do sometimes.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
I think we can all agree that among the list of incomplete games discussed here that aren't AW (Newlife, Lab Rats 2), AW is arguably the only one that would feel the most incomplete out of all them. The semblance of a 'plot' exists in the male start and even then, the rest of the game feels less like a game and more of a feature demo. There's more attention being put into the pregnancy content than there is in the main meat and potatoes that would make the game feel more like a game (ie: finishing the content in the world map, making the sex system feel less like an Excel spreadsheet).

And I like pregnancy in games!

But there's no point in engaging in a game that just has a sharp focus on a kink when it fails to be engaging as a game. If I wanted to just want to get my fix without the game, I'd just go and look up hentai.

2.20 star(s) 56 Votes