U

User_269627

Still no content, yes?
Minimal content. There is a little bit going on at the very early stages but nothing much really happens that is too exciting. The game has a ton of potential and the developer has a clear plan for where this is going (and they seem to be on target with their estimates).

Reactions: sabia

jmueller

Sep 25, 2017
Well sounds like this game won't be worth playing until June 2018 then. I really wanted somebody to actually show up NewLife and demonstrate that it is possible to add a reasonable amount of (text only) content per month, but this game isn't that. Its pretty much all systems and systems don't mean much if the game doesn't have engaging sex scenes and plenty of them.

Reactions: Fragmentation

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
To be fair, he published a road map like half a year ago where he clearly stated he would be working on the framework of the game until june 2018 and only after that did he plan to focus on content, continually adding content until january 2020, when he expects the game to be complete.
So come back in 2 years and hope it's not abandoned because people don't really pay for updates with no content to them.

Sounds like a great plan.

I highly doubt it makes it through the year.

Damn shame.

Reactions: Arrocha and 3Dogs
U

User_269627

I don't get why people in here are just shitting on this game. The Dev has made it clear what the roll-out plan is. The backend and initial content of the game are great so far. We are only in version .08. Why do people expect the moon in a pre-alpha release?

Mr_Ainz

Oct 26, 2017
So come back in 2 years and hope it's not abandoned because people don't really pay for updates with no content to them.

Damn shame.
Though he is making almost 4k $, and June isn't that far away. I'm not saying Dev's going to complete it, maybe it'll get abandoned, but some content will get added for sure I believe. People liking that content is another thing, but for sure that if the game gets some quality elements to the story, ThaumX is gonna swim in money like Scrooge McDuckx'D

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Though he is making almost 4k $, and June isn't that far away. I'm not saying Dev's going to complete it, maybe it'll get abandoned, but some content will get added for sure I believe. People liking that content is another thing, but for sure that if the game gets some quality elements to the story, ThaumX is gonna swim in money like Scrooge McDuckx'D
The only reason it bothers me is I checked this out last August and praised it. It started off well and I wanted to see how it went as it grew.

7 months later and it hasn't gone anywhere.

It's great he's making money but that won't last forever unless actual content starts appearing.

megajake90

Mar 8, 2018
Lets be fair, if his focus is doing this piece by piece, and we assume he wont swindle anyone. And all goes well, should we really care, as long as he shows he's progressing and adding stuff here n there wouldn't that be okay. I mean i think I'd be mad if this was v0.08 and he had a just a menu

Sinndallas

SD
Donor
Aug 7, 2017
I will come back this summer to this game and check it out again. I've always enjoyed the prospect of the game and the general idea. I'm sure I've said that before I believe. We'll see what happens but like others have said the developer seems to be on target with their stated roadmap and I'd bet that at least half of backers are aware of that and follow that information.

LenioTG

Oct 11, 2017
I've started this game and I find it very promising!
Although images don't work (such as Lily avatar), any idea why is this happening and how to fix it?

EDIT: In the first screen, you have to load all the files, not just the first one! Now everything is working

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
Until I actually see an actual sex scene that isn't plot driven, I'm very skeptical about this game. Twine games tend to be so go goddamned wordy. (aka : You choose an action and literally 5 minutes of sex happens.)

Korder

Jul 12, 2017

Damn shame.
I offered no "plan". I merely stated facts. Whether you like them or not is entirely your prerogative, but the facts are that the developer has clearly stated content-focused updates is not scheduled until june, and he stated so way back in 2017 before he was earning anything else than pocket change from his Patreon.

Now, here's my opinion; I fail to see the merit in bashing the development when it's always been planned this way and he's been upfront about it from the very start, so it's not like anyone's been tricked into donating their money. These kind of complaints just makes one look a bit clueless.

CeLezte

Sep 10, 2017
I'm keeping a close eye on this game. What I've seen based on the actual product and the source code that is available on GitHub:
that the game's framework is still being worked on as well as the UI, the infrastructure and asset pipeline that is used to build the game. It has already been said that this project is enormous and big project rules apply to it. This requires a lot of extra work to be done that has nothing to do with story writing. I really wonder if ThaumX will have the energy / will / mood to put a story into the game, once everything falls into place.

There's not much art or game assets (story text, pictures, etc.) in the game (whatthe player sees), but I'm expecting this part of the game to rapidly grow after the framework has been finished. If I'm wrong then I'll probably bail from supporting the project on Patreon.

It is an interesting programming project so far, but in it's current state nothing more. We will see this year if the it will become a game (better said: a good NSFW game) or just another proof of concept.

archoniq

Sep 14, 2017
Apart from from the horrible UI that he obviously spent a whole lot of time making the game looks like it might become something pretty awesome, although with development progress and focus I figure it'll take quite a while to get there.

So many different styles used in the UI, so unclean, makes me want to puke a little bit but if the content's good I can live with that haha.

europeanbuzz43

Jan 17, 2018
>sees post mentioning game
>download to see if its any good
>spend 30 minutes reading all the instructions on how to play
>spend 1 hour changing settings and making character
>spend 15 minutes reading the backstory explaining the setting that the game takes place in
>game finally starts
>arrive at apartment
>put in passcode for door lock
>door doesn't open
>try again
>still doesn't open
>double check passcode to make sure its correct
>it is
>keep trying to open door
>door won't fucking open
>everytime you try to open the door the game taunts you by telling you how many times you've tried to open it
>"You try again to open the door. Maybe this 37th try will be your lucky one!"
>"..."
>"Sadly the door doesn't unlock."
>uninstall game

10/10

Quacker

The Quacker
Donor
Respected User
Aug 6, 2016
>spend 15 minutes reading the backstory explaining the setting that the game takes place in
>arrive at apartment
>door doesn't open
>try again
>still doesn't open
>it is
>door won't fucking open
>everytime you try to open the door the game taunts you by telling you how many times you've tried to open it
>"..."
>uninstall game

10/10
Lol. Males me want to redownload the game. Nice detailed review

archoniq

Sep 14, 2017
>game finally starts
>arrive at apartment
>door doesn't open
>try again
>still doesn't open
>it is
>door won't fucking open
>"..."
>uninstall game

10/10
+1 like for greentext and relatability.

2.20 star(s) 58 Votes