Korder

Jul 12, 2017
This kind of autism scares me tbh
It reminds me of when I saw someone write up a legit mathematical paper on the half-A-button press function in that Mario Kart game.
But I have to assume that either
1. By putting in the heavy lifting now and setting up a sophisticated system right from the get-go he'll be able to make progress much faster in the future
or
2. It's a scam and he's just pissing around with his updates to milk idiots out of their money without the intention to deliver anything.
There's too much evident work going into the project for it to be a scam.

Whether it'll be finished is, of course, another matter.

Reactions: GravGrav

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
These games take a long time.

Look at TiTS and CoC. Both of them worked on by a few people but it's still slow going. CoC had a lot of unfinished threads the fans carried on making but TiTS is still actively worked on and has been for a long time now.

If this is just one person it's going to be a year or two until any meaningful progress is made with how in depth it's been so far.

It's true that most games like this never get finished though. I lost count of the number i've started and they had a few updates and then the creator gave up. I backed a few that fell to shit but that's like any H game be it VN, RPGM or COYA. Many get started but very few get finished.

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
here's too much evident work going into the project for it to be a scam.

Whether it'll be finished is, of course, another matter.
lol

People have to remember Malise and the Machine right? The dev posted endless crap about how much work he was doing developing his engine and his graphics and posting all these pretty pictures and people swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. Not a single update of note past a certain point for about a year before people saw it for what it was. The guy carried on talking shit about how hard he was working because he was getting thousands of dollars every month as long as people believed something was coming when nothing ever did.

I think the dev of this game is probably legit. But I'm also saying don't be naive either. Patreon rewards scammers and there have been a whole bunch of them in the past. Just because one dev is a talented programmer doesn't mean they're above using that to fool you into giving them money when they start to slow down content to a crawl. Believe it when you see it.

Reactions: notajetfighter

snooze321

Oct 13, 2017
I would say a lot of people are on the look out for his patreon devolving in to the Malise and the Machine curse so we'll know almost immediately if that happens. For now i'm confident he's putting out solid updates. Version 0.08 is out btw :D

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
The new update has the completed map with location descriptions in, right? I think he said before that he has one other thing he needs to work on before starting the sex text descriptions (since the sex system is already in and working, there's just no descriptor text written for it).

Cirelc

Uploader Fossil
Uploader
May 2, 2017
added v0.8 to the Op and fixed the Op.
Per Request: and thanks @Souleater

fantasianme

May 15, 2017
is this worth playin yet, havent checkin in on it for awhile
nah still no real content it seems there is a few minutes of prologue depending on reading speed and wether you skip some of all that non well sex stuff and thats about it a little bit of story after the prologue i played about 2 updates ago and took me around 10 minutes going through all of it

he uses too much time on new places and fleshing out the areas and internal code i mean i get it will make adding content easier and the game better but still would love some proper stuff in it personally i feel like where the game is now is how it should have been at first release but it does have great potential

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
nah still no real content it seems there is a few minutes of prologue depending on reading speed and wether you skip some of all that non well sex stuff and thats about it a little bit of story after the prologue i played about 2 updates ago and took me around 10 minutes going through all of it

he uses too much time on new places and fleshing out the areas and internal code i mean i get it will make adding content easier and the game better but still would love some proper stuff in it personally i feel like where the game is now is how it should have been at first release but it does have great potential
So it's still pretty much just a character creator? I mean playing dress-up with Barbie's is fun and all, but I really hope he gets to the something to actually do part sometime. I love creating characters and will spend hours doing it, but eventually I want to hit accept and head out the door.

Padshij

Oct 23, 2017
done with custom cr and quick look in shop. stoped because lake on interest. wichout Pics make no fun. nothing exciting happens to read. maybe couple updates later..
its just nice interface yet. ll try it another time again

Oct 11, 2017
When people spend heaps of time making backend systems it's because that's the part they enjoy doing. While it may technically make content easier to implement down the line, if it's not already happening then it's clearly not something they enjoy doing, so it's unlikely to ever actually happen.

Reactions: pizbia and jmueller

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
When people spend heaps of time making backend systems it's because that's the part they enjoy doing. While it may technically make content easier to implement down the line, if it's not already happening then it's clearly not something they enjoy doing, so it's unlikely to ever actually happen.
To be fair, he published a road map like half a year ago where he clearly stated he would be working on the framework of the game until june 2018 and only after that did he plan to focus on content, continually adding content until january 2020, when he expects the game to be complete.

2.20 star(s) 58 Votes