hotaruchan1

Sep 7, 2018
the game is a rickety scaffold of spaghetti code. it's never been that stable. and isn't going to be unless they stop making content and focus on revamping things for the year plus that would be required. which is not going to happen. soooo....

Shynasha

Mar 19, 2019
Tried to play, got infinite loading after it told me to fuck off with using Opera GX (first html game i see that seem to not work preoperly on Opera, what a shame), so switched to Chrome to get a infinite loading. Thanks dev for the effort, just reading what people are saying I get a grisp of how this game is being working on.

dcontrol

Aug 21, 2016
Tried making a character, crashed once while picking skills. Made another character, got softlocked going to the store in the tutorial because it won't let me leave and tells me it's closed for the night even after forcing time to progress from 7:30am to 11:30am. Whew.

Mar 17, 2021
I really want to like this game. I'd love to find a reason to get behind it.

It has the potential to have been a really good life sim game with sandbox-style paths to explore various kinks and personas. I like the character creation and the game start in general. But after that you're dumped into a mad mess of aimless pursuits and more bugs than a dirty basement. Rather than bug fixes, this developer seems to have a bug fixation. Each update adds more, buggy, half-baked content on top of the buggy, unfinished content, broadening the variety of frustrations a player will encounter.

While I'm not interested in futa content personally, my last hope was shredded when every path in the newly released futafest content was broken. Why keep releasing broken shit? There seems to be a "pride in one's work" issue about this game that becomes more problematic the bigger the snowball gets. Fortunately - patience has paid off as there far better games in development that seem to be getting it right. But waiting hopefully for this mess to right itself would just be a waste of time.

prease

Dec 18, 2019
same problem EDIT: nevermind, had to put the html in the root of the game folder.

Last edited:

chopish

Sep 12, 2020
the game is a rickety scaffold of spaghetti code. it's never been that stable. and isn't going to be unless they stop making content and focus on revamping things for the year plus that would be required. which is not going to happen. soooo....
Funny, I remember this guy going on and on about how important it was to build the game up well from the beginning and to develop a framework that could handle what he wanted to accomplish (which was rather grand at the time as well) and not struggle under its own weight as other sugarcube games tended to do.
Also I don't give a fuck about the prologue stop making it play it every time because it save my completion.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Yeah, he seems to be of the mentality that a bug isn't a bug, it's just an unfinished bit of code. As if the entirety of this were some perpetual iterative project. But you cannot build a wall upon a cracked cornerstone as they say.

I'm still surprised the inventory system's as broken as it is with this new update, with random things just disappearing into red triangles with ! on them. No point in carrying contraceptives if they start destroying reality by turning into Missingno. when you go looking for them in your pockets. Maybe that's just because ThaumX is one of those lazy bums who only develops for mainline Chrome instead of checking for compatibility across all Chromium and Firefox.
Not only he requires Chrome, but also Full HD display. When I mentioned him about scaling problem when using a game with 1280x1024 display - when you have to set scaling in browser to 67% to game be playable and the game throws an error screaming it's wrong, he said it's nothing, despite wrong error message.
He doesn't test his game properly for different configurations and instead requires everyone should have what he uses.
Lame lazy developer.
HTML and JavaScript have means to do proper resolution scaling and placement when used properly and serious developer should know how to use it!
I didn't try latest build, but I can bet that this buggy message is still there.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018
I find it absolutely baffling that there is no futa protag interaction with Lily.

Why would you prevent the only actual character in your fucking game from interacting with the only substantial system you've introduced in actual years? Virtually every other fuckable NPC is a bundle of stats and little to no writing. Hell, the writing that's there is clearly not written by a native English speaker and is churned out so little thought that it'd require an entire rewrite. All the Futafest stuff has all the hallmarks of that. None of it sounds natural.

Genuinely upsetting that a game with this much effort behind it has devs that are so bullheaded. With a bit of bloody common sense this game could have become more than just a cautionary tale in feature creep.

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
1674345270115.png
Take your "Unsupported Browser" warning, fold it till it's all corners and stick it where the sun don't shines.

Crosswise.

Anyone who writes anything in HTMl that doesn't support a standards-compliant browser is, at the least, a jerk,

Chrome/Chromium and all browsers derived from it suck dead wombat through a bendy straw.

2.20 star(s) 58 Votes