Daeos

Jul 10, 2017
I'm a developer by trade and it's really, really hard not to tear into this project. It's basically everything that's wrong with crowdfunded indie games.

Big talk. Terrible delivery. Scope creep and feature bloat all over the place. Bugs. Framework switches, constant code refactors and hardly any actual game play.

People need to stop trying to charge complete strangers to fund their overambitious sandbox games and learn how to deliver a minimal viable product.

Lots of potential? Who cares. Guess we can all look forward to playing a stable alpha release in 2057.

Barrett74

May 13, 2018
i dont get any type of pics on this game anyone else have this problem, do i need to have javascript enabled? or something like that.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
I'm a developer by trade and it's really, really hard not to tear into this project. It's basically everything that's wrong with crowdfunded indie games.

Big talk. Terrible delivery. Scope creep and feature bloat all over the place. Bugs. Framework switches, constant code refactors and hardly any actual game play.

People need to stop trying to charge complete strangers to fund their overambitious sandbox games and learn how to deliver a minimal viable product.

Lots of potential? Who cares. Guess we can all look forward to playing a stable alpha release in 2057.
Yeah it's been discussed a bit already, but the dev definitely seems more interested in the framework and back-end versus the actual playable game. It's a great character creator, but at some point you want to do something with said character. The amount of effort and time being put into the "framework" is a bit silly, if you're only interested in making a game engine, you need to make a game engine and try to market it, not a game; Text-based game engines already exist in a number of forms that are well-developed, so it's a lot of work that isn't necessary at best or extremely niche at worst. If you're doing it because even though it isn't necessary and just because you want to, then you're getting people to basically pay for taking a college class. That's their prerogative and they're free to do so, but that's what's going on.

I've been doing software for about 20 years now. I can write you a character creator where you can control the growth and length of each fingernail and toenail, in addition to how you feel about Ariana Grande, Rascal Flats, Minor Threat, The Beatles, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Automan, The Master, Twilight, and any other thing you want to insert, but it becomes pretty uninteresting very quickly if you're not only interested in looking at a spreadsheet of likes and dislikes.

nZk

「」
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
I don't know how complex developing games such as this - but it seems its going to take a while, I heard about this project a year or 2 ago and its still in alpha stages. I hope the dev eventually finishes this game in a year or two time. This is some quality stuff though it comes with a long wait.

Witar

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2018
Looks completely like newlife with graphics and also without any actual content :closedeyesmile:

Fougere

Mar 9, 2018
At least I remember this one was being honest about the time he intends to spend on the framework stuff, yet, it's a good thing he can put the stupid income he gets from it to "speed up" the process even if it's still way too early to share anything, there are more than enough early alpha/crapta version games around nowadays.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
i dont get any type of pics on this game anyone else have this problem, do i need to have javascript enabled? or something like that.
Yes, this one uses JavaScript exclusively a lot, so it will not work without JavaScript enabled browser that also has a lot of this language implemented, so basically only Chrome, modern Firefox on PC or Safari on Mac - this is written on developer site. Maybe other browsers, which has good JavaScript implementation - I tried it on IE 11, which is latest for win 7 and has JavaScript enabled, but seems not enough.

jmts16

Aug 20, 2017
This game is very ambitious and promising, but seriously needs a lot of time in the oven.

Will let it run for like 4-5 months and then I'll check it out again.

Barrett74

May 13, 2018
Yes, this one uses JavaScript exclusively a lot, so it will not work without JavaScript enabled browser that also has a lot of this language implemented, so basically only Chrome, modern Firefox on PC or Safari on Mac - this is written on developer site. Maybe other browsers, which has good JavaScript implementation - I tried it on IE 11, which is latest for win 7 and has JavaScript enabled, but seems not enough.
actually mozilla stopped supporting java after firefox 52 or 57 samething with mozilla's palemoon version.

Buzz Droid

Aug 24, 2018
How do I play this game. I did the intro and now I am stuck in the new apartment with nothing to do on the day off. Nothing to click on to go anywhere... I am stuck. Using Firefox 62

Daeos

Jul 10, 2017
I've been doing software for about 20 years now. I can write you a character creator where you can control the growth and length of each fingernail and toenail, in addition to how you feel about Ariana Grande, Rascal Flats, Minor Threat, The Beatles, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Automan, The Master, Twilight, and any other thing you want to insert, but it becomes pretty uninteresting very quickly if you're not only interested in looking at a spreadsheet of likes and dislikes.
Therein lies ThaumX's problem.

I don't think he realizes how unfeasible his project is in terms of becoming an actual game and/or doesn't care. It doesn't help that his TFgamesite synopsis basically touts how successful he's been in other endeavors and promises to not do the exact thing he's doing. He's just begging for criticism.

To the people who are commenting that this long slog of a dev process is the norm; I assure you it doesn't have to be. Other people have done far more with far less and in a much more timely manner. When he says adding Typescript broke a good portion of his game, I just imagine a mountain of spaghetti code because Typescript transcompiles into Javascript.

actually mozilla stopped supporting java after firefox 52 or 57 samething with mozilla's palemoon version.
Java and Javascript are two different things. All modern browsers still support Javascript.

BondageIsArt

Aug 27, 2017
Anyway to get pregnant yet? was trying for it but then realised no one can orgasm because they are at "NaN%"
theres a boat load or errors besides this and i was wondering if thats just the build or if im to dumb to play javascript games

2.20 star(s) 58 Votes