Clearcoat

Jan 11, 2018
Damn, this thing is like playing a german board game it's so complicated. Seems like it could be something really good eventually though if the dev keeps up with the kind of effort they've made so far.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Yes, complete game is scheduled for 2020 year, so for now is only interesting how it develop and test. Don't expect playing, because this is not visual novel and need to be completed before it can be played. Still interesting to see development though.

Notshauna

Jul 13, 2017
The thing that worries me most about Accidental Woman is that despite following the game for nearly 6 months now I still have no understanding of what the core gameplay loop will be and what goals both explicit and implicit the game will support. Even in games that are mostly simulations still are designed with a core gameplay loop and if not explicit goals implicit ones. Assuming the game is going for the classic simulator goals of trying to find love, get a good job and keep yourself entertained, how are any of those going to play out?

How is dating going to work, between randomized NPCs various different skills and choices how is it going to work? Will you be able to get married? How will the randomization avoid repetition in regards to this aspect of the game?

With so many jobs offered are they going to have gameplay elements and if so are they going to be unique for each job? Will you be able to climb the ladder and if so how is that going to function? Are there going to be unique characters for jobs and will there be random events involved?

Those are only examples off the top of my head, but when I read ThaumX's blog posts they seem almost entirely tech based and not nearly enough about the actual goals of the game; in other words it feels like he's trying to build an engine, not a game.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Where does it say that?
On his website is a lot of information about it.
This image is from his website, it shows his plan in very short:

DevelopmentSchedule.png

The thing that worries me most about Accidental Woman is that despite following the game for nearly 6 months now I still have no understanding of what the core gameplay loop will be and what goals both explicit and implicit the game will support. Even in games that are mostly simulations still are designed with a core gameplay loop and if not explicit goals implicit ones. Assuming the game is going for the classic simulator goals of trying to find love, get a good job and keep yourself entertained, how are any of those going to play out?

How is dating going to work, between randomized NPCs various different skills and choices how is it going to work? Will you be able to get married? How will the randomization avoid repetition in regards to this aspect of the game?

With so many jobs offered are they going to have gameplay elements and if so are they going to be unique for each job? Will you be able to climb the ladder and if so how is that going to function? Are there going to be unique characters for jobs and will there be random events involved?

Those are only examples off the top of my head, but when I read ThaumX's blog posts they seem almost entirely tech based and not nearly enough about the actual goals of the game; in other words it feels like he's trying to build an engine, not a game.
Yes, right now he is building an framework - engine so then he can build a game on top of that. I guess it can be understand, because there is no thing as web engine for adult game (if you know any then let me know), it needs to be created first, so that's why long development plan.
About your other question... I am curious myself, but as I don't have any vote for development, I can only wait and see.

Reactions: Mwanted

polina

Apr 5, 2018
I am patient and fine with the development plan. But it would be nice to practice using interaction between npcs and the PC so when the game content does become available it already feels natural, like instinct. Instead of wondering what a button does and regret it;force me to start over from the beginning because I don't want to feel guilt or regret if I ruin options with a potential favorite.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
I am patient and fine with the development plan. But it would be nice to practice using interaction between npcs and the PC so when the game content does become available it already feels natural, like instinct. Instead of wondering what a button does and regret it;force me to start over from the beginning because I don't want to feel guilt or regret if I ruin options with a potential favorite.
From what I know from his posts, right now he is making or finishing NPC AI - the thing that should allow interactions feel more natural and different from each other and then all NPCs can be made. Right now there are no NPCs in the game except few custom like Lily, so the world is pretty empty.

polina

Apr 5, 2018
Yes, I would like to have atleast a dummy NPC to know how the interaction UI works, Even a mock-up or a static jpeg would be fine.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Yes, I would like to have atleast a dummy NPC to know how the interaction UI works, Even a mock-up or a static jpeg would be fine.
Well, right now only interaction you can get in public build is to test sex system (if you choose appropriate traits, you can seduce Lily in introduction or else there is option in one of your rooms to test it - if I remember it is top right room).
All else NPC interactions are actually in production and maybe will be released in upcoming patreon build, so we have to wait 2 or 3 months, because free public is monthly delay.

Alicja Erberg

Jun 28, 2017
Is all I need your mega file or do I also need the resource file in the spoiler?
Also anyone know whats new or is it just more framework stuff?
Probably the game could be played without resources but there would be no images. Resource file is in a mirrored mega link as well.

Apparently there is more stuff regarding different courses you can take downtown. However, signing up for a course doesn't seem to work in firefox, not sure about chrome.

Reactions: smith66

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
Okay, played it and it has a hell lot of options so I have a lot of faith that it has a lot of potential.... But uhh.... Is there something else to do in this game other than go to work, roam around aimlessly and go to the market?

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
Okay, played it and it has a hell lot of options so I have a lot of faith that it has a lot of potential.... But uhh.... Is there something else to do in this game other than go to work, roam around aimlessly and go to the market?
A few things, but generally I'd say you're better of waiting a good long while. There's a roadmap of the development process on the last page, where you can see that the dev is only now in january going to focus on content, whereas the development so far has mainly been concerned with various generally necessary backend shit (or "framework").

If development stays on schedule, I'd say revisit this title in summer. That's what I'm gonna do anyway.

Reactions: Gregor34674

Hungaz2

Nov 2, 2018
So is the futa tag here justified? Like it's a major part (or optionally major) of gameplay? Or is it a one side npc gimmick?

Last edited:

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Well one of the main story characters is one... unsure yet if the player character will actually be able to turn into one or not.. but it would seem it would be purely on choice. I dont think it would a forced decision.

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
So is the futa tag here justified? Like it's a major part (or optionally major) of gameplay? Or is it a one side npc gimmick?
Like I wrote in the post above yours, the game is lacking content as of yet and is according to the development roadmap going to continue to do so for the next quarter. Like coretex said, the main character in the story apart from your own is a futa. That being said, futa is planned as optional content, majorly so if you want. The goal of the game is to create a very customizable sandbox life sim, which caters to as many fetishes as possible without compromising quality. From what I've seen so far, futa seems to be one of the fetishes that gets the most thought and time put into.

Check back in spring or summer and see where the game is at.

Last edited:
2.20 star(s) 58 Votes