Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Everytime I see this I think "oh shit, suddenly I no longer have a penis".

random78905

Sep 7, 2017
Does the "character review" screen after you make your character not factor in the skill points you added during creation, or does it only display the ones from your background.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Does the "character review" screen after you make your character not factor in the skill points you added during creation, or does it only display the ones from your background.
I'm pretty sure that it's reporting the actual points you have now. Which means that the points you added during creation didn't get saved. Why do I say this? Because the same thing happened to me, and I had to use the in-game cheat system to adjust my skills. Once I gave myself the levels of skills which I had bought, the game properly remembered them from then on. But, IMO, the creation process is broken. It only remembers everything you did except proper skill levels.

random78905

Sep 7, 2017
I'm pretty sure that it's reporting the actual points you have now. Which means that the points you added during creation didn't get saved. Why do I say this? Because the same thing happened to me, and I had to use the in-game cheat system to adjust my skills. Once I gave myself the levels of skills which I had bought, the game properly remembered them from then on. But, IMO, the creation process is broken. It only remembers everything you did except proper skill levels.
Ya the game didn't save the additional points I added. Wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong or if it was bugged.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
What really annoys me is that this sort of thing shouldn't happen. It's very easily tested by a developer prior to them releasing such buggy stuff to gamers. It's sloppy, and unprofessional. They failed to do due diligence and properly test before release. Since IRL I'm a software QA manager, it offends me when I see this sort of thing. I cut some slack to developers on F95 who are primarily artists, as are most of those creating VNs. But the ones doing this game strike me more as coders than artists. Sloppy coders (with nice, albeit grandiose, ideas) who need to read a good book on how to design and test software.

furius34

May 29, 2017
this is normal? Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Unexpected token in JSON at position 0

Gavote

Jun 3, 2017
Think I may have found a significant glitch:

You lay peacefully in your bed, your average chest rising and falling with your slow breathing. There is a sigh of wind and your sleeping form shivers slightly, your averageshoulders hunching slightly under the covers. A bony, almost skeletal hand comes to rest on your lower abdomen, just above your damp manicured bush.
Rest young one... There is so much in store for you... A tingle of pleasure shoots up your spine. You're having a standard ordinary dream (placeholder) 7 of 10... Just wait until the realdreaming begins. With an almost inaudible chuckle, the ancient presence is gone...
. . . . .
07:00 Monday, April 8th, 2032
You're already 23 hours and 0 minutes late for work!
You fumble for your phone, staring with bleary eyes until you finally grasp the meaning of the numbers on the screen. Shit! I overslept. I've got to get to work! You don't know whether it was because you didn't sleep long enough, or just plain bad luck, but you've definitely overslept.
Doing some fuzzy mental math, you try to figure out the time. You realize that you're already late for work, which started 23 hours and 0 minutes ago. Damn, it's going to take me at least 22 hours and 32 minutes to get there too.

NachoCheese

Dec 10, 2017
It's sloppy, and unprofessional. They failed to do due diligence and properly test before release.
You're saying they need to do more "unit" testing? I'm here all week.

Joking aside, "professional execution" isn't exactly the forte of developers in this specific niche.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Joking aside, "professional execution" isn't exactly the forte of developers in this specific niche.
When they have 768 patrons and are pulling in well over $4k per month, I think it's not too much to ask that they do some basic stuff like testing their shit in return for that much support.

Reaverrew

Nov 4, 2017
Is there any actual content yet after your character gets made.. I feel like I just wandered around and there was nothing to do. SO I think there isn't any or I am just oblivious. I did the holographic sex stuff in the bedroom, but wasn't a fan

Daeos

Jul 10, 2017
People can argue that he's an amateur indie game dev or whatever, but this is a direct quote from his TFgamesite page:
Good design, technical savvy, and considerable experience are being used to meet these goals. As a professional of many years in my life outside the world of the internet, I've been involved in many large and complex projects, my last major project I had significant involvement in was valued at over $80 million.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Good design, technical savvy, and considerable experience are being used to meet these goals. As a professional of many years in my life outside the world of the internet, I've been involved in many large and complex projects, my last major project I had significant involvement in was valued at over $80 million.
Then he's a crappy "professional". I've got over 40 years of experience in IT (yes, I'm that old) and been a lead software engineer, systems analyst, and QA manager (done all three roles at different points). Based on my experience I can say that whatever he does IRL is most assuredly not reflected in the quality of his work in this game. This game suffers from a lack of good design, inadequate planning, and a disregard for doing basic pre-release testing. Oh, there are far worse examples in quite a few games here on F95, but none of those game developers are claiming to possess "technical savvy and considerable experience". I don't expect skilled artists and/or writers to also be competent engineers, so I cut them slack. This dev can claim whatever he wants to, but the proof is in the game and the game belies his claims.

Of course he didn't say what he's a professional in. (Perhaps in marketing?) But it's most certainly not as anything more demanding IRL than junior coder. Because if he does have an engineering role above entry level I shudder to imagine what his RL projects look like, given this game as an example of his work.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
0.16.1 includes the exact same changelog PDF as 0.16.0, so contrary to what the download page says, there is no info provided as to what changed from 0.16.0 to 0.16.1. These clowns still have no clue as to how to properly make public releases of software.

2.20 star(s) 58 Votes