Zer0zero

Oct 26, 2017
A few things, but generally I'd say you're better of waiting a good long while. There's a roadmap of the development process on the last page, where you can see that the dev is only now in january going to focus on content, whereas the development so far has mainly been concerned with various generally necessary backend shit (or "framework").

If development stays on schedule, I'd say revisit this title in summer. That's what I'm gonna do anyway.

No. This game is in PERMA engine build mode. Has been for years. Zero content.

zigzig

Sep 4, 2016
No. This game is in PERMA engine build mode. Has been for years. Zero content.
"For years" game started out Aug 2017... I know that sometimes exaggeration brings comprehension, but 1 year and 3 months is not years (in plural)... Also the dev clearly laid out when he started this game, that he was going to work on the engine and frame for the game for a long time before any actual story content came out...

ZoneTestOut

Sep 25, 2016
Yeah, this has been in 'engine build mode' forever. The dev is a coder, not a writer/artist and it shows. It is overengineered as hell with no clear vision guiding it as to what those features are to be used for. And no - 'I need a clothing system so in encounters the clothes can be taken off' does not count. It isnt erotic at all to go through whatever catalogue of 4 billion different clothing items available you are wearing and proceed to take them off in a procedural way.

I.E.: Man takes of your 'Clothing type A'. Man proceeds to take of your 'Clothing type B' etc etc. This isn't hot or erotic. It doesnt influence anything besides some static generated statements where the clothing is just a variable with a different description text.

It is a grindy shitshow to put all those clothes on one by one and not really hot to read about them getting taken off. (or scrolling through endless lists when buying them) When you end up having a 'save current outfit' function anyhow - and every moron is able to see everyone will just have at max 3 different outfits saved this way and slap them on and call it a day - it kinda boggles the mind what the hell the dev is building here for. And for what or whom.

What is hot and erotic however are encounters with a soul to them - a party/event you are invited to with content waiting for example. And you being able to make some choices as to how you get into the party (or whatever) each with its own organically resulting fetishes etc. Each of those paths can feature different articles of clothing and how they are removed etc - but do you need a clothing system with 4 billion different variables? No, you do not. You need good writing and a vision of where to take this game.

There is a lot of stuff in the game like this clothing system noone really asked for (especially in its intricacy) and will have close to zero use outside of procedurally generated encounters.

Then there is other bogus stuff like improving the loadtime of savegames and stuff in the 'changelogs'. Stuff like this is not important right now - there literally are no event/quest/story related handles and states to save in the game since there is no 'story'. But halleluja at least its now a half a second faster on my old 286IBM PC to load the correct outfit - how could any encounter have any kind of erotic content without it being clear that my micky mouse right sock and my donald duck left sock are to be taken of my feet in the right procedurally generated order.

That being said - its only fair to give the dev a chance to proof it isn't going to continue in this way and that there will be actually good content further down the line.

Last edited:

The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
Hmm, it looks like patreon is bad at math -.-

I count 826 patrons and not just 761...
Also the monthly dollar is incorrect...

$1 or more per month ∙ 196 patrons = $196
$5 or more per month ∙ 299 patrons = $304
$10 or more per month ∙ 310 patrons = $3,100
$20 or more per month ∙ 21 of 100patrons = $420

196 + 304 + 3100 + 420 = $4,020 but the monthly is $4,378.... Where is the rest? -.-

Last edited:
Reactions: ustar

Johntheloner

Jun 14, 2017
This game will be complete the day after Bannerlord is released.
Oi, Bannerlord at least has shown off some ACTUAL visible content progress. It's not like Warband won't hold the line for a few more years either. Bannerlord's problem was that it was announced too early, this game's problem is that it's creator doesn't actually know how to make a game.

It's all fine and dandy to work on backend systems, but at least add some events or other content to show off that backend in full function. So that those that don't want to basically play with spreadsheets get a more reasonable showoff of what you are capable of. A in-depth character creator is worthless if you can't actually do anything with that character. Don't want to have to reprogram events every time you make a change? STOP REWRITING PARTS OF THE BACKEND CODE EVERY COUPLE MONTHS!

I've been giving this game a pass since a couple of months into it's development, because the 'game' isn't a game. It's a code toy for the dev to play around with. There is still basically nothing for the players. It might climb out of the hole, but it's already overdesigned to the nth degree and I get the feeling the dev will either never get around to content, or lose interest once they start trying to do it.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Saw this game today for the first time and I "installed" it. Game runs in Firefox (Quantum) but does not want to run in whatever version of Internet Exploder ships with Windows 10. A bigger problem for me is that when I do run this game in FF every other tab I have open stops working. Can't reload any tab that accesses the internet. WTF? I have to close the tab with this game, shut down FF, and then relaunch FF to get my (restored) tabs to work again. I have never seen this happen in a browser before. WTF?

I laboriously worked my way through the prologue, but I think I'll pass on this "game" until the developer(s) fix whatever it is that they've done to make their code not work correctly with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
Given that the developer has stated since the very beginning that he'd spend this much time on building the framework of the game (i.e. the engine) with focus on content beginning in 2019 I find the whining about lack of content laughable.

Not like the game costs anything. Just chill and play something that's actually in a properly playable state and then check in on this game when it's supposed to have content. If it doesn't, feel free to shit on it. Right now you're just coming across as ignorant and/or dumb.

ScarletCrow

Mar 14, 2017
What is hot and erotic however are encounters with a soul to them - a party/event you are invited to with content waiting for example. And you being able to make some choices as to how you get into the party (or whatever) each with its own organically resulting fetishes etc. Each of those paths can feature different articles of clothing and how they are removed etc - but do you need a clothing system with 4 billion different variables? No, you do not. You need good writing and a vision of where to take this game.
Although I agree with you that this game is probably over-engineered. And the dev doesn't even have shred of ui design sense. But I think I can think one way that the "extended" system of clothing can become "erotic", as you said. I mean, exhibitionism things are my shit. So can be interesting playing with the character trying all kinds of clothing which have "high risk of exposure" but look fine on the outside. Not every erotic thing comes from "encounter with souls", you know. But yeah, a really good writing is an absolute must.

Last edited:

Njarux

Jun 27, 2017
Free Cities took a hell of a long time for it's engine to be built up before content was made, it was just released after all that that time, this guy probably shouldn't have released so early and it just makes him look like a typical patreon money grubber. That said, he's never once misled anyone about when the content would appear, it's always been clear from the start that it would take at least a year or two for serious content to start being added

Reactions: GTK/HLK and ustar

abao

Mar 20, 2018
I suggest putting a "not much content atm, working on engine etc" in the OP, since apparently the author said that a lot.
Currently the lack of content would make a very bad impression on ppl who didn't spend the time checking 24 pages worth of comments/patreon before playing like me. Though maybe that's just for female start, but there's literally nothing after character creation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenenbaum

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
There's plenty after character creation. It's called the Prologue, which includes getting a job and getting an apartment. It's after the Prologue that there's nothing.

abao

Mar 20, 2018
There's plenty after character creation. It's called the Prologue, which includes getting a job and getting an apartment. It's after the Prologue that there's nothing.
That only happens in the male start, or the game bugged out on me AGAIN.

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
That only happens in the male start, or the game bugged out on me AGAIN.
That's probably true. But since the game appears to be intended to be played with a male start, that's what I did. I suspect that a female start was an afterthought in their "design" process (such as it is). Seems that they've given a LOT of thought to the book's cover material, binding glue, choice of paper, type of ink, et cetera and not much at all to what the hell they're going to put on the pages, or what sort of story they really want to tell in their gilded book ... beyond we want you to play a female working for some mysterious company in a near-future dystopia.

Reactions: Tenenbaum

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Whoa just took a peek at the changlog and that's a lot of changes since I last tried around version 0.9. You guys think the game is worth another try now? Last I remembered I never played past the prologue.

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
Whoa just took a peek at the changlog and that's a lot of changes since I last tried around version 0.9. You guys think the game is worth another try now? Last I remembered I never played past the prologue.
No, actual content (other than prologue stuff etc) is supposed to start getting added properly early nex tyear, and on from then.

I'd suggest checking the game out in spring or summer.

2.20 star(s) 58 Votes