AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Are you trying to use "guilt" to hurry the release? That is stupid, if he doesn't want many random hands touching his game its his problem not yours. From what I heard he more or less sticks to his schedule so you can't really call it a milking project.
What's stupid is equating hiring help with "random hands touching his game". The hands wouldn't be random if he exercised some discretion in picking the help and chooses people who actually have some skill at what they're hired to do. It's also stupid when someone is in over their head and refuses to get help because they think they're more skilled than they really are.

ZunMadun

Oct 21, 2017
Are you trying to use "guilt" to hurry the release? That is stupid, if he doesn't want many random hands touching his game its his problem not yours. From what I heard he more or less sticks to his schedule so you can't really call it a milking project.
I would call it a milking project if he intentionally does everything himself so the progress is slower so he gets more money out of it.
Also random hands will be touching this game since anyone can create a mod for this or did you think that html games can't be modified?

Reactions: AWolfe

Mr_Ainz

Oct 26, 2017
I'll throw my opinion out there for whatever it's worth, but from the start we knew that he wanted to spend time developing the mechanics of the game, people who donated had to know that they wouldn't be getting a proper game to play, it was their choice to become a patreon, and it's their choice to keep supporting the dev. Can you really say it's the dev's fault? people can wait on monetary support until actual content starts being implemented.

Now if he is actually slowing the development of the game because of the revenue he's getting that's a different story. I don't keep up with the updates or read the blog so I wouldn't know. But I have no problem in cheking in from time to time to see if I want to download the current version.

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
I think this looks ok so far, since he was actually upfront about not delivering content until a fair amount of time was spent on the mechanics.

Compare that with that lazy fuck who did Newlife, who always has some excuse, always manages to find another injury or another sickness as if he expects us to believe his bones are made of glass, and doesn't update the game with anything except minor bugfixes or a couple of paragraphs (and even those are often written by some other volunteering idiots nowadays).

I think give it a few months, and if he starts going back on his schedule and saying that now he isn't going to be able to put out content when he said he would, then it might be a scam. But I think given that this is that skyrim modder, he does seem to genuinely enjoy coding a system, probably more than actually writing scenes (and the writing is pretty shit at times).

Reactions: Mr_Ainz

ZunMadun

Oct 21, 2017
Well this self-proclaimed genius has stated that this isn't about money for him so I am assuming that he will hire a writer when content will be added.

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
Expecting or assuming he hires a writer just because he makes x amount of money is your own problem, as long as he hasn't promised that to his patreons. Especially if you don't pay yourself. and even if you pay you can only expect as much from him as you are paying.
It is his decision, and if he wants to do write everything himself it's his full right. Your only decision is to either pay or not and accept that everyone has the same right to decide for themselves if they want to pay him or not.
This whole "he better hire a writer" especially in a forum he probably doesn't even read accomplishes nothing, especially as long as he sticks more or less on his schedule.

Reactions: BobTheBuilder18

saviliana

Aug 30, 2017
Tho ThaumX did hire a writer and script engineer, Besty, a russian. So please, knock yourself out. It is a large game, and because there is more then one person working on the game, there are always bugs between versions to be fix with, thats why they have not yet to be working on the storyside. But they would be working on them soon, very soon.

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
Well this self-proclaimed genius has stated that this isn't about money for him so I am assuming that he will hire a writer when content will be added.
Like the guy above me said, ThaumX has already hired a developer full time. Did so back in October. If funds allow, he will obviously hire whatever else he deems necessary.

Seems like you're just whining for the sake of whining.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Public version is up to 0.19

Change log isn't all that impressive though.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Version 0.19 public is available on thaumx page.
However if anyone is interested, I have packed and uploaded 0.19 CHEATS version:
(ALL in one - html with all resources and mods already in place where they should be - just unpack and play - or rather test, since its still alpha version)

Jan 15, 2018
Version 0.19 public is available on thaumx page.
However if anyone is interested, I have packed and uploaded 0.19 CHEATS version:
(ALL in one - html with all resources and mods already in place where they should be - just unpack and play - or rather test, since its still alpha version)

I have that one already. 0.20 is what im looking for

haidaran

Apr 22, 2017
i get this error screen when i try it on android. am i missing a folder or is it because of my browser which is chrome

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
This game have any actual content yet?
Keep in mind that this is still in alpha stage, so if you want real play, then NO, you have to wait. But if you want test and submit bug reports (to thaumx, not this forum!) then go ahead and try it.

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
This game have any actual content yet?
View attachment 259022

Seems May (0.22) with the "General" will cover most of the placeholder text, adding onto that with World in the next versions. Welp, see you all in June I guess. Glad to see he's got (and sticking to) a timeline but jesus is his scope for this game massive...
The picture in the second post should answer your question.

2.20 star(s) 57 Votes