SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
So been a while since last time i played this game, and i think the last time i played it was the first time we got a intro revamp or something and the dance thingy, but i think this game is slowly but surely starting to take shape...

"reads some patron post" ok i want to know how many times have u guys remade the intro coz i just read u planning to adding more characters to it on the patreon?

I really want the story to progresss a fair bit now so i don´t know if it would be better to introduce those characters later.

So Emma´s Friends being kidnapped is a new development nice!, and that could make the story go Imo: either Emma finds them dead and the rest of the story is herself alone trying to not fall to corruption while trying to save her Love Interest(or failing to not to) or her friends are alive and she rescues them and they either see her fall into corruption ( something that i hope even that Dark elf dude would find worrying xD) the rest of the game and try to help her, well doing either route is good but one its more work to do that the other one XD.

Just my two cents here :)

Keep up being awesome guys

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
So been a while since last time i played this game, and i think the last time i played it was the first time we got a intro revamp or something and the dance thingy, but i think this game is slowly but surely starting to take shape...

"reads some patron post" ok i want to know how many times have u guys remade the intro coz i just read u planning to adding more characters to it on the patreon?

I really want the story to progresss a fair bit now so i don´t know if it would be better to introduce those characters later.

So Emma´s Friends being kidnapped is a new development nice!, and that could make the story go Imo: either Emma finds them dead and the rest of the story is herself alone trying to not fall to corruption while trying to save her Love Interest(or failing to not to) or her friends are alive and she rescues them and they either see her fall into corruption ( something that i hope even that Dark elf dude would find worrying xD) the rest of the game and try to help her, well doing either route is good but one its more work to do that the other one XD.

Just my two cents here :)

Keep up being awesome guys
Yea, isolation is actually a good plot tool to make the hero or heroine subject to outside influences and reliant on non-ideal conditions. Good groundwork for corruption.

That being said I want to echo Beans's sentiment here. I do really hope for more actual plot development. As much as getting the foundation going is really important and having the systems be in good condition is key, if the story progresses too slowly it will just feel like the game is eternally in an infant state. Plot progression is in an hgame almost more important than constantly developing and overhauling the system. A system overhaul is cool, but that's like waiting for the next chapter of FFVI remake to drop just to get a tech demo of the new gameplay instead, but always with (more or less) the same content, just a tiny 10 minute story quest added.

Reactions: SteamedBean

foriifyrh

Nov 9, 2023
Found a bug where on the 7th day if you haven't met the 1000 silver quota, you can't do absolutely anything and the quest doesn't update. Had to randomly run around the map until I found Hermit in hot springs.

Eldiran

Mar 7, 2019
After one and a half year, how the game is evolving?
It might be strange for some, but i'm here to play the non corrupt/"good" path when it will be available (doesn't matter if the game is finished or not, i just don't want to encounter a mandatory NTR hard sex scene). Am i too early to ask about it?

Anyways i like the art, i hope the horror part the game would be good.For me NTR is mostly about horror stuff. Like you don't know if the girl really cuck you, what happen when you aren't around her, what these bastard could do. I wonder if i could save her until it's too late or because i've done the wrong choice. I must be the only one who like stuff in that way anyways ^^

Reactions: GokutheG

gallows226

Jan 16, 2023
After seeing the scene with the maid in the hot spring, I'm wondering if we wont need a mind control tag on this game eventually. Not sure it was mind control at play there, wont know for sure till the game get more developed.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Btw. in light of the review that was just dropped, I have to chime in and say I 100% agree with it.
The only addition I would make is that it's sad mainly for the reason that I feel if the game got more content in terms of quantity that is had so much potential to be a great game. Cause I really like the character design, the writing and the scenario.

Reactions: MegaloDEV

MegaloDEV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
Btw. in light of the review that was just dropped, I have to chime in and say I 100% agree with it.
The only addition I would make is that it's sad mainly for the reason that I feel if the game got more content in terms of quantity that is had so much potential to be a great game. Cause I really like the character design, the writing and the scenario.
The main criticism is that the game isn't complete enough after 1.5 years, which is a valid take. I get the frustration, people want to play more of it.

However, please keep in mind that gamedev isn't currently my full-time job. I have one of those too alongside the development of the game. Although I am always trying to find more ways to optimize my time to allow for more progress to be made, since unfortunately there is only 24 hours in a day.

All that said, I still really appreciate the feedback and I hope to eventually meet everyone's expectations.

Regarding any other king of specific feedback such as improvement of teasing, I'd love any examples or suggestions if you have the time. In 0.2.24, I want to improve this aspect of the game alongside the new content planned.

closetpervert904

Oct 6, 2018
"NTR" and being corrupted will eventually be avoidable. I love the illusion of choice!!
Wishing you success, i know people complain of the devtime just as long as you dont turn into a scummy fuck like bones or the luna tavern guys

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
The protagonist's art is gorgeous. And she has a great balance, great boobs without having those absurd baloons.

Unfortunely the game doesn't have (yet) the tags I usually like when playing with a female protag, but the quality of the product seems nice, maybe I try it out through in the next days.

tommy65

May 17, 2017
do i have to start a new game every update?
can someone share a save file from the last update...
im sure i have played the start like 3 times previously

MegaloDEV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
do i have to start a new game every update?
can someone share a save file from the last update...
im sure i have played the start like 3 times previously
Saves are included with the game files with every version. Check for the save.zip in the same location as the .exe
This update did add things to the opening section and add a pass on the dialogue/writing. So up to you if you want to view that now or not. The update after this one, 0.1.23, is refining Day 1 and 2 as well :whistle:.

any scenes with the muscly catwoman or is she just set dressing?
Decidedly not set dressing.
She is in three CGs. Two are work out related and one is sex.
And she'll be in a lot more.

stuck day4 morning unable to find were to go to raise silver?
You need to either work for the Blacksmith or the General Store. Whichever one you didn't do yet.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jaffarpok316

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
View attachment 3091103

Overview:
Accursed: Emma's Path is an optional-combat erotic visual-novel-styled RPG,
with a heavy emphasis on cheating,
NTR and corruption.
The game is being made in RPG Maker MZ. All Characters are 18+!

Most of the game is played from the perspective of Emma as her entire world is turned upside down.
After falling at the hands of the reining Demon Lord, Emma's love and the Prophesied Hero succumbs to a terrible curse!
With the hero indisposed, it is up to Emma to save her beloved at all costs!
Will she succeed?
Or will she surrender to the rising darkness within herself?
Thread Updated: 2024-06-02
Release Date: 2024-05-18
Developer: MegaloDEV - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1.22a RC
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Mr. and Mrs. MegaloDEV, I am so glad to download your game again. When I first d/l the game some time ago, I was having difficulty with the speed of the game and freezing and all kinds of stuff. Now, the game is much, so much better. Emma is a real cutie and I love her so much. Can't wait to turn her into a wanton slutty whore. Would love to see her work parttime in the tavern and wear a slutty outfit and have to deal with drunk customers who can't keep their hands off of her. When she gets corrupted enough she will even accept to go into the backroom or restroom with customers will to pay her good money for extra services. Of course, she does this without Cross being aware of her extracurricular activities. Just food for thought.
Cross is such a cutie too, but, he is an innocent dweeb for our slutty Emma. He's the perfect cuck. Have you considered bring in a little bestiality into the game? Like a dog, horse or even a wolf? My Emma would love it. Just more food for thought.

Last edited:

MegaloDEV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
Mr. and Mrs. MegaloDEV, I am so glad to download your game again. When I first d/l the game some time ago, I was having difficulty with the speed of the game and freezing and all kinds of stuff. Now, the game is much, so much better. Emma is a real cutie and I love her so much. Can't wait to turn her into a wanton slutty whore. Would love to see her work parttime in the tavern and wear a slutty outfit and have to deal with drunk customers who can't keep their hands off of her. When she gets corrupted enough she will even accept to go into the backroom or restroom with customers will to pay her good money for extra services. Of course, she does this without Cross being aware of her extracurricular activities. Just food for thought.
Cross is such a cutie too, but, he is an innocent dweeb for our slutty Emma. He's the perfect cuck. Have you considered bring in a little bestiality into the game? Like a dog, horse or even a wolf? My Emma would love it. Just more food for thought.
Yo, that's awesome the game is running better for you. Especially if you are on the same hardware. There have been optimizations so it's great to hear they are working.

The beginnings of the barmaid job (and outfit) are actually already present. It's a bit wonky currently but it'll be iterated on with even more art and better gameplay.

accursedCross devestated.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
The main criticism is that the game isn't complete enough after 1.5 years, which is a valid take. I get the frustration, people want to play more of it.

However, please keep in mind that gamedev isn't currently my full-time job. I have one of those too alongside the development of the game. Although I am always trying to find more ways to optimize my time to allow for more progress to be made, since unfortunately there is only 24 hours in a day.

All that said, I still really appreciate the feedback and I hope to eventually meet everyone's expectations.

Regarding any other king of specific feedback such as improvement of teasing, I'd love any examples or suggestions if you have the time. In 0.2.24, I want to improve this aspect of the game alongside the new content planned.
Yea I mean I want to definitely make it clear that I really like how the game plays and how its done narration-wise.
It just doesn't have a lot of content yet, and at that pace it feels like I'd have to wait 10 years till its completed if you know what I mean. I understand ofc very well, as someone who does something similar, how time-consuming it is to have a job and do something like this on the side. But maybe looking into getting some help (someone who has similar tastes/ideas and would be interested in helping development) could be benefitial. Just food for thought.

As for the teasing, it is very hard to explain, but I feel like the scene mentioned in that one review is a good example. You do have the after-party scene which almost leads to actual sex/penetration. Its very quick. Normally you built up stuff and raise perversity over time. Starting with something like this kind of takes the wind out of the sails of the corruption progression, and if its done in this very assaulty way before the character even has the time to become a bit more kinky, then I as the audience experience it more as a bad, sad, threatening, traumatic event and empathize rather than focusing on the sexual aspects of it. So it feels too much too early. I think the formula of exposure > groping > outfit progression > influence/blackmail/temptation/circumstances > light perversity (boobs, ass, hand, fingering, kiss, intimate moments, etc.) > medium perversity > penetration/hesitant intimacy or pervertedness > strong intimacy/enjoyment/ecstasy/escalation is a very important one to uphold. Some of it you do definitely have in there, in other instances I think you move the bar a bit too quickly without establishing the changes in Emma. It creates a disconnect and leads to us experiencing this on an negatively emotional rather than a sexual level. But that's just my take.

3.70 star(s) 20 Votes