4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

OuterZone

Nov 12, 2020
After playing the game for a short while (no doubt I haven't seen everything), I wanted to share my initial impressions about the story:

Firstly, I think there's too much exposition upfront. While it's good that the story shows rather than tells, the sheer amount of setup feels overwhelming. The intro could be paced out more effectively, using additional methods of introducing background information instead of constant cuts between scenes and characters. We don't have to know everything from the get go as long as we have enough to pique our interest.

If the queens are the main focus of the plot, it's good to have their introductions be memorable and impactful. Again, I think it's alright if we aren't introduced to them right away.

Like my first point, we have too many characters. Perhaps a bit more interaction between the MC and some of the participants would flesh them out more. This could also help with introducing background information. Depending on your narrative goals, humanizing the competitors could add depth to the story, making MC’s decisions more challenging (good vs. evil) as the stakes are high and only one person can win.

It's crucial that we understand MC's goals early on as this will allow us to become emotionally invested in the story. Maybe it's too early to judge, but I didn't care about MC's decisions since I didn't know why he was there and what was at stake.

It's important that the rules of the game/show are fleshed out from the start and are not modified later.

The game looks promising. Best of luck with your project!

S1ck Games

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2023
After playing the game for a short while (no doubt I haven't seen everything), I wanted to share my initial impressions about the story:

Firstly, I think there's too much exposition upfront. While it's good that the story shows rather than tells, the sheer amount of setup feels overwhelming. The intro could be paced out more effectively, using additional methods of introducing background information instead of constant cuts between scenes and characters. We don't have to know everything from the get go as long as we have enough to pique our interest.

If the queens are the main focus of the plot, it's good to have their introductions be memorable and impactful. Again, I think it's alright if we aren't introduced to them right away.

Like my first point, we have too many characters. Perhaps a bit more interaction between the MC and some of the participants would flesh them out more. This could also help with introducing background information. Depending on your narrative goals, humanizing the competitors could add depth to the story, making MC’s decisions more challenging (good vs. evil) as the stakes are high and only one person can win.

It's crucial that we understand MC's goals early on as this will allow us to become emotionally invested in the story. Maybe it's too early to judge, but I didn't care about MC's decisions since I didn't know why he was there and what was at stake.

It's important that the rules of the game/show are fleshed out from the start and are not modified later.

The game looks promising. Best of luck with your project!
I understand your point about the exposition and pacing. For the first update, I aimed to throw players straight into the spicy scenes, hoping to show what my game will contain as early as I can and let the world-building unfold gradually through exposition and flashbacks as we advance further. I've noticed that some visual novels, especially NSFW ones, lose player engagement if they take too long to get to the more enticing parts of the story, which can hurt early support.

However, your feedback on character development and introducing the MC's goals sooner makes a lot of sense... Thanks for playing!

Reactions: OuterZone

OuterZone

Nov 12, 2020
I understand your point about the exposition and pacing. For the first update, I aimed to throw players straight into the spicy scenes, hoping to show what my game will contain as early as I can and let the world-building unfold gradually through exposition and flashbacks as we advance further. I've noticed that some visual novels, especially NSFW ones, lose player engagement if they take too long to get to the more enticing parts of the story, which can hurt early support.

However, your feedback on character development and introducing the MC's goals sooner makes a lot of sense... Thanks for playing!
I understand that it's difficult to decide what to include in the first release and what to save for later, particularly when you have a unique and/or rich world. Finding the right balance isn't easy.

This game has the potential to become something special.

Reactions: S1ck Games
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes