4.30 star(s) 77 Votes

hydrang3a

Nov 11, 2021
2 months without any update by the developer. 7 months since the last update (the initial release of the game in fact).

Amazing visual design. All models and locations are top notch. The initial story set-up is great: a simple setting that managed to create very good dynamics not only between mc and the characters, but between the characters themselves also.

Has to be one of the most dissapointing releases. This isn't a Being a Dik or City of Broken Dreamers where you already have 9/13 episodes of content, with each proceeding update bringing massive content to justify the half a year update schedule.

If devs are busy with real life stuff or can't work on the game for whatever reason, I don't see why they don't just say so. Is it worth potentially dragging your name through the mud for a couple months of extra money?

It's so bizarre to see this from this game cause everything looks so polished. Would someone who wants to milk patreons put that much effort for a couple grand when we've seen games be able to get much more money if they actually release more conent?

Sep 3, 2020
2 months without any update by the developer. 7 months since the last update (the initial release of the game in fact).

Amazing visual design. All models and locations are top notch. The initial story set-up is great: a simple setting that managed to create very good dynamics not only between mc and the characters, but between the characters themselves also.

Has to be one of the most dissapointing releases. This isn't a Being a Dik or City of Broken Dreamers where you already have 9/13 episodes of content, with each proceeding update bringing massive content to justify the half a year update schedule.

If devs are busy with real life stuff or can't work on the game for whatever reason, I don't see why they don't just say so. Is it worth potentially dragging your name through the mud for a couple months of extra money?

It's so bizarre to see this from this game cause everything looks so polished. Would someone who wants to milk patreons put that much effort for a couple grand when we've seen games be able to get much more money if they actually release more conent?
as I said before I don't care how long a game takes as long as the developer does not go radio silent and keeps us regularly updated

but I had no idea it's been two months since the last update

I know
Yuno Gasai

personally, he's a brother

going radio silent with no update is not his style something must have

happened to him anybody tried messaging on Discord

normally all I have to do is mention his name and Yuno shows up

Jordanskene01

Dec 11, 2022
as I said before I don't care how long a game takes as long as the developer does not go radio silent and keeps us regularly updated

but I had no idea it's been two months since the last update

I know
Yuno Gasai

personally, he's a brother

going radio silent with no update is not his style something must have

happened to him anybody tried messaging on Discord

normally all I have to do is mention his name and Yuno shows up
About a couple weeks ago he said he was gonna announce the date soon.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
7 months since the last update (the initial release of the game in fact).
You know, I started thinking about it and we actually have no idea how long it took him to create that initial release. Or at the very least, I don't fucking know lol.

What if this is his usual pace? Not saying that's a good thing but I'm just saying I personally jumped the gun because it's such a given these days for new devs to come out with a second release in 6 months or less unless something unforeseen happens. In reality, I didn't have a base rate for my expectations.

Long dev times don't necessarily cause a huge negative impact towards my opinion on the game itself but it definitely hampers my interest. It's the difference between one of my favorites that I'd follow fanatically (and sometimes even support) or just one I'll forget about it for a while and play if I happen to come across an update as a pleasant surprise.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
You know, I started thinking about it and we actually have no idea how long it took him to create that initial release. Or at the very least, I don't fucking know lol.

What if this is his usual pace? Not saying that's a good thing but I'm just saying I personally jumped the gun because it's such a given these days for new devs to come out with a second release in 6 months or less unless something unforeseen happens. In reality, I didn't have a base rate for my expectations.

Long dev times don't necessarily cause a huge negative impact towards my opinion on the game itself but it definitely hampers my interest. It's the difference between one of my favorites that I'd follow fanatically (and sometimes even support) or just one I'll forget about it for a while and play if I happen to come across an update as a pleasant surprise.
that might be the case and is perfectly fine while i think its better for new games to have a month or two dev cycle to keep the game fresh in peoples minds not every dev can make that happen most do this as a hobby or for side income but every dev should be able to dedicate a few minutes every week or two to give some kind of update on the game. even if its just to say still working still too far out to set a date.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
that might be the case and is perfectly fine while i think its better for new games to have a month or two dev cycle to keep the game fresh in peoples minds not every dev can make that happen most do this as a hobby or for side income but every dev should be able to dedicate a few minutes every week or two to give some kind of update on the game. even if its just to say still working still too far out to set a date.
For sure. Communication is key. A post from the dev on Patreon or whatever at the absolute least once a month saying "Hey, I'm still here. I haven't abandoned the helm of the ship." is essential.

I'm not entirely sure about 1 - 2 month dev cycles for new games since that falls on the dev's intentions for the game. Even if it was possible, a dev might not want to release smaller updates more frequently. Though, it'd probably be better for marketing purposes (If I think that's what you're getting at).
Personally, if it doesn't "wow" me at first then it probably won't be that good in the future unless it improves significantly with each update. If it does "wow" me then it usually sticks in my mind. But that's just me so I know what you're saying ... I think. :unsure:

That all being said, it's not like I'm arguing on the dev's behalf for the current dev cycle time. 7 months and counting is a long-ass time for a second release.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
For sure. Communication is key. A post from the dev on Patreon or whatever at the absolute least once a month saying "Hey, I'm still here. I haven't abandoned the helm of the ship." is essential.

I'm not entirely sure about 1 - 2 month dev cycles for new games since that falls on the dev's intentions for the game. Even if it was possible, a dev might not want to release smaller updates more frequently. Though, it'd probably be better for marketing purposes (If I think that's what you're getting at).
Personally, if it doesn't "wow" me at first then it probably won't be that good in the future unless it improves significantly with each update. If it does "wow" me then it usually sticks in my mind. But that's just me so I know what you're saying ... I think. :unsure:

That all being said, it's not like I'm arguing on the dev's behalf for the current dev cycle time. 7 months and counting is a long-ass time for a second release.
yes i was saying 1 to 2 months for the marketing aspect if the game is updated more often its more likely to be seen asuming there is no major drop in quality

Reactions: allanl9020142

hydrang3a

Nov 11, 2021
What if this is his usual pace?
Long dev times don't necessarily cause a huge negative impact towards my opinion on the game itself but it definitely hampers my interest.
Realistically, Yuno can take as much time as he wants as far as he is concerned. My issue lies mostly with lack of comunication. It's been 7 months, and let's be real, wallpapers and clothe changing between updates are the most worthless rewards you can give for 1k a month. You can make months worth of that shit in an afternoon.

Like others have said, just say "I'm alive". If not, it's going to look like the dev is literally doing nothing and collecting free money. As I mentioned before, I don't think this is the case given the high quality nature of the game and how people say that Yuno is a respected member.

Honestly, if the guy comes out and says he's made no progress, then fuck it dude at least we know he's alive and wants to work on it. It's just slimy otherwise.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Realistically, Yuno can take as much time as he wants as far as he is concerned. My issue lies mostly with lack of comunication. It's been 7 months, and let's be real, wallpapers and clothe changing between updates are the most worthless rewards you can give for 1k a month. You can make months worth of that shit in an afternoon.

Like others have said, just say "I'm alive". If not, it's going to look like the dev is literally doing nothing and collecting free money. As I mentioned before, I don't think this is the case given the high quality nature of the game and how people say that Yuno is a respected member.

Honestly, if the guy comes out and says he's made no progress, then fuck it dude at least we know he's alive and wants to work on it. It's just slimy otherwise.
Definitely. Like I said in one of my other comments, communication is key.

I haven't been really following this thread until maybe month 6 and I started wondering what was going on with it.

I'm not really arguing on behalf of or against the dev taking a long time. I was just more or less making a passing comment that I didn't think to realize that I know nothing about how long the guy usually takes because it's his first game. Not to say, at most 6 months isn't a baseless expectation. Just that I was just assuming an update would be out by then and that I have to adjust my expectations accordingly. I had high hopes for this game but now I'm just kind of "meh" about it. Is what I'm saying. My bad, it wasn't some kind of passive-aggressive comment. I just wanted to express my thoughts.

I didn't used to consider dev times in my overall opinion of a game but after waiting long-ass times for certain devs to release an update that, what I personally feel (not speaking for anyone else) wasn't worth the long wait, I now think it definitely is a factor (for me, not saying it should be a golden rule). Developers can take as long as they want so that they can be satisfied with what they put out. They have no obligation to do otherwise and should want to be satisfied with their work. Although, at the same time I can't be asked to maintain the same level of interest without at least a couple updates a year. Which was my point when I said it doesn't "cause a huge negative impact towards my opinion on the game itself but it definitely hampers my interest". To me, I think that's fair enough. I initially saw huge potential from the renders alone but I wouldn't want to become a supporter at this point, let alone pay much attention to it. The update will come out when it comes out ... or not lol.

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
PROGRESS_UPDATE_MAR_28.png
[Tier I+][ACQ. CH. 2] Progress Report #6
Hi

First of all sorry for being awol for a month. I am still alive (at least for now) and here's how things are rn:

Q. How's the progress?
Making progress and getting closer. I'm working on patching and rendering whenever I have some free time. As of now, the numbers look like this:
Post-worked: ~350
Rendered: ~620
Animations: 6 (~500 frames)
Coding: ~500 lines (added a new feature )

Q. Any release dates yet?
I expect it to be in late April or early May (keeping my fingers crossed ).

Q. Where were you last month?
I apologize for being gone without notice. There are several reasons, the main one being my real-life job. Layoffs have become very common here in the tech space, and unfortunately, some of my teammates were affected. As a result, I have had to work long hours, sometimes 13-14 hours a day, for almost two months now. However, things are improving, and we just completed a release that went live this weekend, so I hope to return to my normal workload soon.

Q. Will the release cycle always be this long?
No; tbh, I am considering quitting my job once I complete my two-year commitment here (which should be around May). As many of you are aware, I have faced several challenges in the past six months, but imma do my best to push updates more quickly.

Q. Any previews?
Editing some renders; will post soon :)

Q. Why is your timeline full of wallpapers?
Well, most of them are the customs for tier VI patrons; not wallpapers, but since many are not a fan of it, I'm thinking of only posting them on discord's #yuno-art channel. Monthly wallpapers and progress updates will continue on patreon ofc.

Q. More questions?
Feel free to text me here or on discord, I'll try to answer them asap.

Thanks again for all of your patience and support during this time.

XO.

4.30 star(s) 77 Votes