ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
To me it's not about cheating, cause yes the MC cheats on the girls even in this game, but you know what ? he comes clean with it at least in Melissa and Megan's case. He tells them both that he loves both of them, and it's about love not just sex !

Ana didn't love that dude, it's hard to even think she loved the MC ! The issue is WHY she cheated, not THAT she cheated.

I can't believe that you who are writing such a good game as Retriveing the Past, thinks that Ana is sympathetic in any way shape of form...

All of us read the game and not just played it, cheating for such a stupid ass reason strikes a nerve in people, cause that's one of the most common excuses used in RL for people cheating on their significant others.
Tbh, you're not making any sense here.

In Anna's case, it's obvious she loves the player. Much more than he does her in fact, when you meet her the second time. And she hooked up with some random dude, who she couldn't care less about, and brought him to their place, exactly because she Wanted to get caught. It wasn't about sex, it was about waking up MC, their relationship out of comatose state. Only thing I didn't like is outcome of her dinner with the player, she's not a dumb girl, so going the same route to force MC to her wouldn't work better than the first time.

With Melissa ( obviously N1 favorite here), MC cheats Megan, at first entirely because of sex. You could say at first not cheating, since they're not dating, but it's not exactly honest either ( there is obvious chemistry between the two). Later on?...it's obvious MC stepped way over the line and even he admits this). And she is Megan's best friend, closer to her than family. And MC repeats this. And how does he come clean? Unless I'm missing something, Melissa is the one that does this.

With Megan there could've been more different outcomes ( based on relationship with MC), as with Anna ( less portraying her simply as a bitch, as the game clearly shows there is more to her/actions).

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
Finally finished it. Played chapters 1-4 yesterday, just spent the evening on 5 & 6. I'm struggling to compare it to any other game around right now, it's just in a class of it's own. Part of me hopes it's a guiding light for new games but it would have to be something special not to feel like a mere imitation.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Tbh, you're not making any sense here.

In Anna's case, it's obvious she loves the player. Much more than he does her in fact, when you meet her the second time. And she hooked up with some random dude, who she couldn't care less about, and brought him to their place, exactly because she Wanted to get caught. It wasn't about sex, it was about waking up MC, their relationship out of comatose state. Only thing I didn't like is outcome of her dinner with the player, she's not a dumb girl, so going the same route to force MC to her wouldn't work better than the first time.

With Melissa ( obviously N1 favorite here), MC cheats Megan, at first entirely because of sex. You could say at first not cheating, since they're not dating, but it's not exactly honest either ( there is obvious chemistry between the two). Later on?...it's obvious MC stepped way over the line and even he admits this). And she is Megan's best friend, closer to her than family. And MC repeats this. And how does he come clean? Unless I'm missing something, Melissa is the one that does this.

With Megan there could've been more different outcomes ( based on relationship with MC), as with Anna ( less portraying her simply as a bitch, as the game clearly shows there is more to her/actions).
I have to disagree right there, just because the initial fire of passion on MC's part had toned down a bit, doesn't mean he didn't love her, I mean, he wanted to marry her after all, if he didn't love her, he wouldn't be so shocked and devastated by her actions. And you don't need to have sex 5 times a day just to show your love to another. And MC himself stated that he likes that calm and mundane life, something Ana later came to tell him that that's what she wants too. None of their issues were something they could have not talked through and solve in a proper way, cheating was entirely uncalled for. I mean, sure, I can UNDERSTAND her reasons, but I most definitely disagree with them.

But I do agree that what MC is doing with Megan and Melissa, doesn't exactly speak in his favor either, dating both at the same time and the one to come clean is Melissa, if she hadn't, MC probably would've kept it a secret for a bit longer, so yeah, he's no saint either.

I guess the part of the moral story here is that we're all more or less messed up in one way or another, it's how we get back on our feet and head toward the right direction and at the same time grow up that matters. It's what we do right now in life that defines us, not the past, so it's true that we shouldn't judge others by their past mistakes. And sometimes we need help to get back on our feet. :)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Finally finished it. Played chapters 1-4 yesterday, just spent the evening on 5 & 6. I'm struggling to compare it to any other game around right now, it's just in a class of it's own. Part of me hopes it's a guiding light for new games but it would have to be something special not to feel like a mere imitation.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Indeed, and there are tons and tons of games and VNs out there that really do feel like copies of the successful and original ones, haha. If you haven't yet, I would suggest you give Retrieving the Past a try :)

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
It's all good guys... We are discussing a fictional game as if it's real life. A good game like this is like a great song. It's stuck in your head the whole damn day. I think lets as Eerie said call it quits before it becomes too much. We like who we like.

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
Indeed, and there are tons and tons of games and VNs out there that really do feel like copies of the successful and original ones, haha. If you haven't yet, I would suggest you give Retrieving the Past a try :)
Cheers for the recommendation, I'll download it now, is it another emotional one? If so i might have to give it a few days before starting it :coldsweat:

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Cheers for the recommendation, I'll download it now, is it another emotional one? If so i might have to give it a few days before starting it :coldsweat:
No, not emotional one, at least not yet, but who knows what the dev has in store :)
Well, at least I haven't felt sad yet during the story, but I have had moments of anger and like "Oh hell no you won't, I'ma beat the stinking crap out of you!" moments, haha, also have had good laughs. Plus I've connected with a couple of characters and attracted to several, and there are some good H-scenes too already, if that's something one is looking for, but you seem the type of VN player that's more interested in the story like me, and the story is definitely a good one and it feel like it's just starting, haha :p

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
One of the fallacies some people make with the current ending is about time. The entire game is going to be 8 episodes long. This last one was episode 6. There isn't really a much better time to "push" this ending back and still leave room for resolution and tying up all the plot threads.

Don't care for the ending? That's valid. Saying it is too soon or should come later, that's not as viable.

And, I would caution players, if Pink has considered this for the third to last episode, the possibility for more climactic events still exists with only 2 more shots at you. What could be brewing in the mind of such an (apparently) heartless dev?
Yeah timing is a weird one. I mean if you want to blast it for being manipulative on its face, out of nowhere and a gigantic tonal shift from what was the best part of the game, then go for it. The thing is, 75% into a story is pretty much where the major plot twist that drives events towards the finale usually happens.

Now what they might be saying is, that if this event actually carries through on its threats... then it feels like a waste of potential when it comes to the characters involved. It would be like revving up a story and just letting it die a flaming painful death right as the interesting part was coming up. Some people might have been fine with the eventual same end had there been a bit more exploration before it happened. But that is going to go with a lot of speculation, and assumes that this would logically be the end. But logic hasn't been a big thing in the last couple of major dramatic moments... so we will see.

I believe i see the full picture and not just looking at the cheating part. Whatever we believe i guess we all have to wait for the end and then make up our minds. There are always two sides to a story...

I have had NTR happen to me in my personal life so i know about cheating.

EDIT: I know ive shocked you with my affection for Ana and creating a game like RTP... but it's just a feeling I have towards Ana that she's not evil as everyone makes her out to be.
Nah... Ana is pretty much a cunt. I think I'd be fine with her if she cheated and regretted it. Even for awful or stupid reasons. People make mistakes. No... when she went out of her way to blackmail her ex into sleeping with her or tank an aspiring actress' career out of pure spite? Fuck that. That's petty... and it's absurd that anyone could like her at all after that.

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
No, not emotional one, at least not yet, but who knows what the dev has in store :)
Well, at least I haven't felt sad yet during the story, but I have had moments of anger and like "Oh hell no you won't, I'ma beat the stinking crap out of you!" moments, haha, also have had good laughs. Plus I've connected with a couple of characters and attracted to several, and there are some good H-scenes too already, if that's something one is looking for, but you seem the type of VN player that's more interested in the story like me, and the story is definitely a good one and it feel like it's just starting, haha :p
I've played it before apparently haha it seemed vaguely familiar and i had save files but i don't remember much about it so i'm going to play it anyway, seeing as i have the whole night to myself and nothing else to play.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I've played it before apparently haha it seemed vaguely familiar and i had save files but i don't remember much about it so i'm going to play it anyway, seeing as i have the whole night to myself and nothing else to play.
Must've been a while ago then, in which case there's plenty of new content out since then :)
Let me know if you spot anything familiar as you play it :p

Reactions: thomasxlong

Marbaz

Sep 19, 2018
Hmm, I think it's best that the cheating subject would be dropped, I can see that it's a very sensitive topic and it is and can easily strike a nerve, even I was starting to get a little worked up stating my opinion, probably going too far with it even, hence I needed a moment to calm down, I don't think we need this kind of drama in a place where we're supposed to have fun and/or relax. Not exactly the place for the topic anyway.

I apologize for my own role in the matter!
I completely agree with your words. Even though it is an erotic game, but not as banal as most of the others, it makes you feel all kinds of emotions. Therefore, I do not want to see a sad ending. Even the death of any of the characters is very overshadowed by the idea of the game.

The Truth

Jun 21, 2018
Toughest decision making in a game I've ever made, all the back 'n forth in my mind, well done Dr. Pink Cake and team!

Reactions: Enyos

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
As much as I love Megan, seeing as she would be the ideal partner in crime, for me it's Melissa any day of the week and twice on Sunday, I even rank Rena above Megan, Leah is tied to the third place with Megan, because you just gotta have that redhead (and a MILF) in the top 3 :p

Thus, I saved Melissa, I'm sorry Megan! :(
Actually I saved Megan - it’s a nightmare having to choose ( hoping developers send someone else into the house after me ... to get Melissa too ... well you can always hope ) it’s like the f**king red wedding all over again...

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I completely agree with your words. Even though it is an erotic game, but not as banal as most of the others, it makes you feel all kinds of emotions. Therefore, I do not want to see a sad ending. Even the death of any of the characters is very overshadowed by the idea of the game.
Well the idea was to cause controversy and flesh emotions, feelings and reactions out of viewers, that was the intention since the beginning, and this story certainly does that, whether people like it or not or are a bit uncertain, it all speaks volume to the story because not all content is supposed to make you happy, nor is every content supposed to make you feel sad or angry :)

Reactions: lurkin and Marbaz

Marbaz

Sep 19, 2018
Well the idea was to cause controversy and flesh emotions, feelings and reactions out of viewers, that was the intention since the beginning, and this story certainly does that, whether people like it or not or are a bit uncertain, it all speaks volume to the story because not all content is supposed to make you happy, nor is every content supposed to make you feel sad or angry :)
I read his comment about the reaction to episode 6 from fans of the game. Just bad thoughts go to my head, this choice in the end depresses me...

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I recall that there will be multiple different endings, so I'm rather certain that at least one of them will be sad, but however all that goes, we'll just have to wait and see, it's only 2 episodes left, and until we get to the end, we can't really judge nothing, we don't even know how the entire burning house situation will really work out, it may not be as bad as the cliffhanger would suggest, who knows :p

Reactions: Marbaz

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I read his comment about the reaction to episode 6 from fans of the game. Just bad thoughts go to my head, this choice in the end depresses me...
Yeah that cliffhanger sure was a shocker to me, as it was to many others, I knew that something was going to happen, I would've been shocked if there wasn't, but THIS? Haha, totally didn't see THIS coming.
Now, we don't know if the fire will result in the death of one of the two girls, but if it does, then while very extreme way, I kinda always knew we'd have to choose between the two one way or another. But like I said, we just don't know, we're just gonna have to wait and see :p

Reactions: Marbaz

Marbaz

Sep 19, 2018
Yeah that cliffhanger sure was a shocker to me, as it was to many others, I knew that something was going to happen, I would've been shocked if there wasn't, but THIS? Haha, totally didn't see THIS coming.
Now, we don't know if the fire will result in the death of one of the two girls, but if it does, then while very extreme way, I kinda always knew we'd have to choose between the two one way or another. But like I said, we just don't know, we're just gonna have to wait and see :p
Undoubtedly, we can only wait. The author there *ammo* collect to upgrade your hardware, I hope a lot of time will not take.

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes