Jim888

Aug 25, 2018
OMG that ending though. I love the story and the ending of this update is great. Its a weird thing for me though because I'm the kind of guy who likes emotional stuff but I also hate it at the same time. It feels great to feel bad but I'm so attached to my emotions that I usually end up feeling like that for the rest for the day which kind of sucks. Great work, great content!

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
OMG that ending though. I love the story and the ending of this update is great. Its a weird thing for me though because I'm the kind of guy who likes emotional stuff but I also hate it at the same time. It feels great to feel bad but I'm so attached to my emotions that I usually end up feeling like that for the rest for the day which kind of sucks. Great work, great content!
I was so depressed for the rest of the night after finishing this update, and I never get that attached to anyone in books or movies, lol.

GodTier

Feb 8, 2018
Just finished it a moment ago and goddam is it impactful!.. (at emptying the sack and emotionally):p
Just about the best overall 3dcg game yet. Hell... I feel like I've just been thrown through an emotional rollercoaster of choices and consequences!.... Wait never mind I was and loved every second of it.
You can tell the Dev put a lot of thought into the characters and development of the story.
I think I speak for many when I say we need a Liam in all future games XD, Minus the cancer though:cryingface:. He alone made this game worth every second of my time.
somebody tell me when to expect chapter 7 pls! <------- Never mind im an idiot sometimes :biggrin:

Uhmm.... Strip Club!!! XD:coldsweat:

Reactions: Enyos and PHANTOM44

GodTier

Feb 8, 2018
Its great to see a black character who isn't just a BBC with legs or a rapist.
Actually I was wondering if there were any black protagonist games out there. Been searching for awhile now and still no luck. But yeah I agree it's a nice change.

ta513

Apr 26, 2017
My apologies, I have no clue how to work this quote system.
Let's dissect this a bit. It's an interesting argument, but I don't know how accurate it is. It assumes that because life can feel random, randomness in storytelling is good. It's a similar argument to the one, which you also make... that life can suck, therefore it is realistic when a story sucks. I would argue that the things people complain about are the things that aren't very true to life at all. But let's put that aside. Let's just look at the issue of randomness. Or your assertion that real life doesn't have foreshadowing. I respond this way: In life, everything actually does have foreshadowing, you just don't KNOW about it.

Things happen for a reason. A random gas explosion in life isn't actually random. It can happen because of myriad reasons. There was a leak in the basement, someone forgot to turn off the stove entirely, a man tried to kill his wife purposefully... any of those reasons would cause it. Now it may SEEM random to the person experiencing it... but in the story of the house that blows up, or if you prefer, the person whose house blows up... there are steps that take place in order for that to happen. That's cause and effect, and cause and effect is basically foreshadowing.
You are absolutely right about the seemingly randomness of the world being illusory and the result of an infinitesimally complex series of ordered events. The point I was making was not that the world is random so random is a good story element. It's similar, but my point was rather that it is sudden and unapologetic. Take for example two deaths in cinema that I feel exemplify this better than others.

First: In Donnie Darko, the death of Gretchen is purely accidental and sudden, one minute she is there, the next she was dead. It fits in the story, but is an emotional whiplash similar to the end scene of Ep. 6.

Second: In Cruel Intentions, the death of the lead male character that happens suddenly and without warning. Now I understand that both of these are automobile related accidents, and one could surmise that automobile related tragedies have a greater tendency to be sudden due to the speed and weight of cars.

The point here though is in the presentation. Life when experienced has no "slow motion" camera effects. It has no flourishes or cinematography (usually, at least). It suddenly happens and is over. To THAT end, the author has faithfully reproduced the feelings in the player of this kind of tragedy.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My point in the lack of foreshadowing and suddenness is more towards the players who feel "cheated" or like they've lost all this time put into one character or another. Yes you feel cheated, yes time feels wasted, but that is the POINT of events like this. Its exactly how it feels in real life, that sense of loss and meaningless tragedy.

Ultimately what this comes down to is the nature of the game. If you are looking for a happy go lucky, harem possible, uplifting game, this is not it. This is a fairly dark, realistic (to a certain extent) gritty drama which has unveiled its true nature more with each episode. This game is not for everyone. No game is, but this game makes you feel real loss, and that is unique within this genre, at least to the extent that I've played.

Reactions: PHANTOM44 and Enyos

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Yeah, this game sucks. It's a downer. Dev is so manipulative. I'm outta here. But, just in case that's you just blowing off steam and you (really, really) want to see how it turns out, here's an update. Now, stop pretending and go and pledge to this guy.

Episode 7 status:
Script 99% completed
Renders completed: 363
Animations completed: 10 (8 unique)

This week has mostly been all about animations (200-300 frames have been rendered). And it has been slower than I expected, mainly due to the increase in render quality. But progress is moving along and only 3 animations remain in the queue.

I have also begun writing the final episode of Acting Lessons and already tested that the 22 endings can be reached as intended. Without spoiling too much, the entire final episode is in itself a giant ending. So when I say 22 endings, I mean that there will be 22 different ways to experience Episode 8. Episode 8 script is about 30-40% finished (2500 lines of code this far).

My swift beta testers have already played the Episode 7 update (without the missing animations) and given their feedback. Proofreading has been completed as well.

What this means is that as soon as the animations are completed, I will build the final binaries and upload them. So forget the date I told you last week.

I am ahead of schedule and will upload the game sometime next week. To scratch that itch of "having to know a date", it will likely be on Friday.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake

soccermum

Apr 11, 2018
As a general reply to the opinions before and therefor without quoting someone specific: I thought the sudden jump to the last scene of Ep 6 pretty good. Yes it seems random but I don't judge without knowing the whole story. But wasn't it to be expected that something really bad would be happening? I mean everything seemed to work out pretty well during the last episode, I actually would've been disappointed, if the good Doctor hadn't forced the MC in one big frigging hell-bound scenario for the end. Can't wait for next weekend. Haven't been this addicted to a story since ABC pulled the plug from Revenge...

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
The other reason save files exist is so you can bemoan the fact that the new update can't use them.

(Not in THIS game, of course...although, wouldn't THAT be a typically Pink thing to do)

Luxter

Apr 23, 2018
I really like this game so far. The girls are gorgeous and seem realistic personality-wise, Liam is a super cool dude and is super funny, and there are so many choices and consequences. Definitely a lot to explore and take in.

Reactions: Enyos

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Upcoming release date: Acting Lessons v0.7.0 (Episode 7) October 19th.
Acting Lessons v0.7.0 (Episode 7): Coming soon (+$5 patrons)
Walkthrough (Episode 7): Coming soon (+$15 patrons)
Acting Lessons v0.7.0 with Extra material (Episode 7): Coming soon (+$20 patrons)

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Upcoming release date: Acting Lessons v0.7.0 (Episode 7) October 19th.
Acting Lessons v0.7.0 (Episode 7):
Coming soon (+$5 patrons)
Walkthrough (Episode 7): Coming soon (+$15 patrons)
Acting Lessons v0.7.0 with Extra material (Episode 7): Coming soon (+$20 patrons)

CrazyAng3l

Jul 4, 2017
Just played ep 6 and its hella depressing holly shit! how did this game went from fucking all the girls to this.
Only bad thing about ep 6 at least for me was that it was really short and now only 2 ep left and with that ending im not sure what is going to happen next ep.
Its still a great game and i love it but im scared that dev might fuck the ending up

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Just played ep 6 and its hella depressing holly shit! how did this game went from fucking all the girls to this.
Only bad thing about ep 6 at least for me was that it was really short and now only 2 ep left and with that ending im not sure how its going to happen next ep.

Its still a great game and i love it but im scared that dev might fuck the ending up
I have also begun writing the final episode of Acting Lessons and already tested that the 22 endings can be reached as intended. Without spoiling too much, the entire final episode is in itself a giant ending. So when I say 22 endings, I mean that there will be 22 different ways to experience Episode 8. Episode 8 script is about 30-40% finished (2500 lines of code this far).
I mean sure you might not like all 22 endings but there's 22 endings. With the way it's going so far surely there'll be one ending that you'll enjoy?

Reactions: Enyos
4.60 star(s) 810 Votes