D

Deleted member 176558

I mean every sex scene girls knew some new tricks when it comes to bed sessions.. Just sayin.

Everyone but villians die at the end of episode 8 and the last few scenes show Johnny Sins walking out with a big dildo hunting bad guys with big text on the screen ''Brazzers Presents - Acting Lessons 2, anal revenge.''
Would still be a better plot than this one here though. :tf:

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Can't help but feel it's all a dream and when he wakes he'll make the "right" choices. Or it's all a movie.
Yep possible scenarios. And if the choices really matter in last episode from episodes 1-7 like Dev said, then cake system would indicate how much MC knows after he wakes up from coma or something, whatever.
For example - Liam picked up the phone because we had enough friendship points with him to do that and came to MC house when it was really needed, so MC would know that and what happened.
I mean it's really sci-fi more alike stuff, but still possible.

Sh4ark

Donor
Dec 9, 2016
wow.. this took a hard 180 turn down thriller lane.. i mean..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Still it's one of the best VN's i've read.. a classic case of came for the girls stayed for the story. Very good writing athough the latter chapters felt a bit off. Just feel it's going in a direction not many people would enjoy

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
Im so on the fence about this game. I loved the first few episodes, but the dark paths give me mixed emotions. On one hand, I didnt sign up for this, but on the other hand Im emotionally committed to this story now. This game has made me laugh out loud, jerk my dingaling, and come close to crying. Fuck, even if its not what I wanted, I cant stop playingnow.

SlimeDroid

Feb 27, 2018
Yep possible scenarios. And if the choices really matter in last episode from episodes 1-7 like Dev said, then cake system would indicate how much MC knows after he wakes up from coma or something, whatever.
For example - Liam picked up the phone because we had enough friendship points with him to do that and came to MC house when it was really needed, so MC would know that and what happened.
I mean it's really sci-fi more alike stuff, but still possible.
I really wonder if the ending will be:
It's all a dream!
Every girl dies!
It was all an acting lesson by MC who's an actor.
Either way kinda disappointed with how dark it's going and that it will end soon.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I'm willing to be surprised, but honestly, any kind of ending that says all the rest wasn't real, or was a dream is probably even worse than the story as it is if the surviving girl can't stand the feeling of guilt and suicides, while Liam dies of cancer in the next episode. I mean, the darkest most unpleasant and unpleasing ending imaginable would still be better than that unimaginative cop-out bullshine.

Come on guys, at least think before some of these ideas.

If this were all a dream within the original coma then he is imagining the very existence of Melissa and Rena, whom he never met until after recovering and getting to know Megan. He doesn't even meet Leah until coming out of the coma.

If this were a delusion from going into madness at the death of the girl in the fire, then Liam already has cancer that isn't responding to treatment, and a girl he loved already died in the fire to cause the delusion.

If it is an act, well, how come he never did acting in his life before meeting Megan and her sweetalking him into it? That would make the entire story a part of the fiction, including himself and his experience prior to the 'act'. He wouldn't be a retired stockbroker who met a girl, but an actor, and again, none of the characters would be real, this time including Liam (the friend of the now fictional stockbroker who is really an actor).

This is why it is always best to stick to what you know. Just like any other form of lying, the best fiction is that based on truth. The further you deviate from things you actually know about from experience, the more likely you've left massive holes in the story that don't make sense.

Plots don't have to be extreme to be entertaining. In fact, going for extreme stories (and dark ones) is one of the tell-tale signs of a newbie storyteller. The parts of this story that make it good are almost entirely based on observation of truth and real life. We identify with Liam because we all have experienced at least one friend like him in some way, and that original scene with Liam in the bar saying "Drink! Drink! Drink" reminded us of a real person.

Every flaw in this storyline has been where it tried to go dark.

The robbery at the start that was so brief, detail-less, and meaningless none of us took it as a sign that the storyline would have more (as someone told me Doc expected). It had no pacing, no suspense, no depth, and thus, no meaning apart from some way to bring two strangers together with a common event.

Dick came across as some petty dick. So when he later is showing a few signs that he's actually abusive and dangerous, again, it was thrown away and his lack of depth meant we saw him as no real threat.

When we confront Peter, somehow our character is utterly unmoved by Peter flashing that gun, so that you may have even chosen to beat the crap out of him, taking on an armed bad-guy because he called our buddy names...

Seriously, every single one of those dark events was so poorly handled, the characters so flat and meaningless... Not a shred of the clever writing and pacing the author has for conversations with Liam. None of the clever borrowing from movies to set up scenes like the transition where Liam is saying he's a responsible driver, and the very next second we see him speeding like a lunatic, huge grin on his face, and the wonderful varied reactions of all the others in the car.

Doc writes great characters, and great slice of life scenes.

He handles Liam's cancer, unpleasant as it is, wonderfully well, over time. He foreshadows even the selling of Liam's stuff with Liam not letting people into his apartment (twice) with time for that to sink in, time for you to wonder. The same with Liam revealing he has cancer in the first place - there's good pacing between the scene where he's told he's not responding to drugs, a scene later where we know he has something to tell the MC but defers it, and later, well paced, the final discussion at the lakeside.

Now compare that to any of the violent stuff. There he has no pacing at all, no build-up, and so ultimately, the events have no weight.

SlimeDroid

Feb 27, 2018
I'm willing to be surprised, but honestly, any kind of ending that says all the rest wasn't real, or was a dream is probably even worse than the story as it is if the surviving girl can't stand the feeling of guilt and suicides, while Liam dies of cancer in the next episode. I mean, the darkest most unpleasant and unpleasing ending imaginable would still be better than that unimaginative cop-out bullshine.

If this were all a dream within the original coma then he is imagining the very existence of Melissa and Rena, whom he never met until after recovering and getting to know Megan. He doesn't even meet Leah until coming out of the coma.

If this were a delusion from going into madness at the death of the girl in the fire, then Liam already has cancer that isn't responding to treatment, and a girl he loved already died in the fire to cause the delusion.

If it is an act, well, how come he never did acting in his life before meeting Megan and her sweetalking him into it? That would make the entire story a part of the fiction, including himself and his experience prior to the 'act'. He wouldn't be a retired stockbroker who met a girl, but an actor, and again, none of the characters would be real, this time including Liam (the friend of the now fictional stockbroker who is really an actor).

This is why it is always best to stick to what you know. Just like any other form of lying, the best fiction is that based on truth. The further you deviate from things you actually know about from experience, the more likely you've left massive holes in the story that don't make sense.

Plots don't have to be extreme to be entertaining. In fact, going for extreme stories (and dark ones) is one of the tell-tale signs of a newbie storyteller. The parts of this story that make it good are almost entirely based on observation of truth and real life. We identify with Liam because we all have experienced at least one friend like him in some way, and that original scene with Liam in the bar saying "Drink! Drink! Drink" reminded us of a real person.

The robbery at the start that was so brief, detail-less, and meaningless none of us took it as a sign that the storyline would have more (as someone told me Doc expected). It had no pacing, no suspense, no depth, and thus, no meaning apart from some way to bring two strangers together with a common event.

Dick came across as some petty dick. So when he later is showing a few signs that he's actually abusive and dangerous, again, it was thrown away and his lack of depth meant we saw him as no real threat.

When we confront Peter, somehow our character is utterly unmoved by Peter flashing that gun, so that you may have even chosen to beat the crap out of him, taking on an armed bad-guy because he called our buddy names...

Seriously, every single one of those dark events was so poorly handled, the characters so flat and meaningless... Not a shred of the clever writing and pacing the author has for conversations with Liam. None of the clever borrowing from movies to set up scenes like the transition where Liam is saying he's a responsible driver, and the very next second we see him speeding like a lunatic, huge grin on his face, and the wonderful varied reactions of all the others in the car.

He handles Liam's cancer, unpleasant as it is, wonderfully well, over time. He foreshadows even the selling of Liam's stuff with Liam not letting people into his apartment (twice) with time for that to sink in, time for you to wonder. The same with Liam revealing he has cancer in the first place - there's good pacing between the scene where he's told he's not responding to drugs, a scene later where we know he has something to tell the MC but defers it, and later, well paced, the final discussion at the lakeside.

Now compare that to any of the violent stuff. There he has no pacing at all, no build-up, and so ultimately, the events have no weight.
The house fire just feels like jumping the shark.

It should have been the MC deciding for himself that he only wants one woman in his life and using the friendship cakes to determine which girl he likes the most.
The drama would be the fallout of who he chose and I think people would've responded better.

May 8, 2018
Some info regarding Episode 8:

This is it. It is time to create the grand finale. The episode will be a big one, in terms of script and renders.
As you know, there will be 22 endings, but depending on your choices from Ep1-Ep7 the entire Episode can be seen as a giant ending, from start to finish you will see the consequences of your choices.

Dr PinkCake
Ok. I understand that any action have their reaction and that choices are important, but Dr.P. should at least to reconsider to add beside normal endings (22 of them) one alternative ending, where MC move to whatever city it was with Megan and Melissa (or with Rena too, building harem route) and add at least one sex scene threesome, or foursome if Rena is involved, and then finish the game with that scene. That would be great for both sides, developer and players.
On that way he can finish game on this path in (I believe it was) 6th episode, after they come back from their trip and I think that it will not take a lot of His time to render this.
I hope that here are some Patreon supporters of him and that They will share this opinion on his Patreon or Discord site.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
So Meike Tatzig (Schillerstraße), Bill Mockridge (Murder on Command) or Aisha Tyler (Whose Line) just greeted the audience and the actors sitting on a couch in front of the stage, went to her or his chair in the control room among the audience and announced,

"Jonas Redfield, you play a retired investor who made a lot of money with cryptocurrency speculation and live a comfortable life. However, your life will be sent into turmoil when you enter the store we've set up. Remember, you have zero acting experience. Now onto the stage with you, go go go!"

Ape Drape

Oct 3, 2018
Ok...

So I initially played chapter 7 from where I left off. I found it quite short, not bad, but quite short. Then I dumped my saves and restarted the whole thing with fresh eyes.

Gonna give massive kudos to the Doctor on his foreshadowing that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Didn't really see it the first time through, but with foreknowledge, MC wasn't dreaming in the hospital, some scenes we are not looking through the eyes of the MC or the omniscient 3rd person view, but through the eyes of a psycho. Nicely done, Doc.

I'm not one who bothers much with walkthroughs and such, but after going through this thread I've gleaned that it is possible to keep Melissa alive. Now I've tried everything except for putting my dick in every single woman in this VN.

So I'm going to give the path of extreme lechery (for a noble cause!) a shot and see how that works out. Probably put my dick in Liam if called for too, but Melissa's life is on the line here.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018

If you’re comparing this writing to a blockbuster film, then I can hop on board. If you’re comparing it to pretty much anything else on this site, then I disagree entirely.

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
Is there any possibility that Rena responds differently rather than rejecting me at the concert when I confront her??
Rena doesn't accept any other girl than her. You'll need to ignore Megan and Melissa, make a move on/flirt with Rena throughout the game, fuck Rena at the Cabin, DO NOT tell Megan that you love her and you should be good to go.

I'm not entirely certain, but you probably can keep Leah as a side-fuck if you want, she probably doesn't know her.

Reactions: Kalléo
4.60 star(s) 810 Votes