RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
"Jonas Redfield, you play a retired investor who made a lot of money with cryptocurrency speculation and live a comfortable life. However, your life will be sent into turmoil when you enter the store we've set up. Remember, you have zero acting experience. Now onto the stage with you, go go go!"
Gotcha.

So here's what the audience really see looking at, from left to right, Megan, Melissa and Liam:
whose-line-is-it-anyway.jpg
Go on, remind me which ones you made out with again... :D

Cryware Instinct

Jul 24, 2018
darn it... hard choices had been made... thumbs up for the story... but still got 2 locked scenes for EP7... anyone knows how to open them?

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
darn it... hard choices had been made... thumbs up for the story... but still got 2 locked scenes for EP7... anyone knows how to open them?
The first one is the sex scene with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The second one is the sex scene with

You'll need to be on the respective path for both.

Ape Drape

Oct 3, 2018
Seriously, every single one of those dark events was so poorly handled, the characters so flat and meaningless... Not a shred of the clever writing and pacing the author has for conversations with Liam. None of the clever borrowing from movies to set up scenes like the transition where Liam is saying he's a responsible driver, and the very next second we see him speeding like a lunatic, huge grin on his face, and the wonderful varied reactions of all the others in the car.

Now compare that to any of the violent stuff. There he has no pacing at all, no build-up, and so ultimately, the events have no weight.
Going to disagree here... after several replays with knowing what chapter 7 reveals, DrPinkCake absolutely built up all the events leading to the fire. All interactions with
. Scenes that you think are in the 3rd person view and are of no consequence, really are not. Scenes that you think are dreams because the MC thinks that they are dreams are not. It really is all there.

The thing to remember is this tale is being told in the first and third person perspectives, if you are missing any build up is because you are missing the identity of the first person who's eyes we are looking through in certain scenes.

Interactions with the various douchebags in the story (Peter and Dick... waiting for the introduction of a new d-bag named Willy or Johnathan Thomas) seem to be there for the purposes of adding depth to Melissa and Rena and to mislead you from the rabbit hole that you are going to be sent down.

At this point, Peter never was a major player and is never going to be one. He's done. He was just a tool in every sense of the word.
As for Dick, while I don't know what the future holds for Dick, at this point, he appears to be pretty much the same as Peter.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
Rena doesn't accept any other girl than her. You'll need to ignore Megan and Melissa, make a move on/flirt with Rena throughout the game, fuck Rena at the Cabin, DO NOT tell Megan that you love her and you should be good to go.

I'm not entirely certain, but you probably can keep Leah as a side-fuck if you want, she probably doesn't know her.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
At this point, Peter never was a major player and is never going to be one. He's done. He was just a tool in every sense of the word.
As for Dick, while I don't know what the future holds for Dick, at this point, he appears to be pretty much the same as Peter.

Deleted member 795684

Aug 2, 2018
I don't mean to offend anyone but I didn't impressed by Episode 7 at all.

I don't know what I should feel about the reveal but I feel that this game shouldn't be head this way of events.

You can ask me ''What did you expect? This is author's story'' and etc. And you are right to some degree.

But man, I am kind of dissapointed after all those memories, feelings, immersion, thinking that ''Adult games can be much more and this is an example''.

Like I said: I don't know how to explain this feeling but I simply don't care what is going to happen. It could be anything in the end(Final Episode) but this episode didn't do any affect to win me back after the Episode 6's -to me- dissapointing ending.

Dev had something unique and unfortunately he couldn't bring it to final with that uniqueness.

I don't know if anybody else feels like me, I didn't read the pages before.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Adding so much drama doesn't make story great. There is a red line and developer crossed it.
Just look at Depraved Awakening, that game balance drama, sex content, story, everything but Acting lesson is going down more and more with every update. Developer is like.. "How can i destroy this wonderful first 4 episode more?!"
Sadly I have to agree. This game started off so well, but then like you said, it's as if the dev is purposely trying to make things as bad as they could. "Hey, the game is going well for the first 4-5 episodes, so what can we do to make it bad?"

The problem that I have is that murder/mystery/thriller is not what the game started off as. For it to suddenly turn into one is really mindboggling and questionable. It's like going to a movie watching a romantic movie for the first 75 minutes and then it turned into a thriller for the last 15 minutes. Unlike Depraved Awakening, this game doesn't seem to know what it wants to be, and it has issue portraying what it really is.

The worst thing about this twist is that it's poorly done too. Sure there was nobody expecting Leah to be the villain. But the reason why nobody expected her to be the one is because there was no hint whatsoever that she was a villain. Her being the villain is as plausible as Liam being the one. It's just for a twist, for a reveal, for a shock value. But there was no depth. The game has made no effort to show any hint that there's another villain than Peter in the game.

Flerken

Mar 15, 2018
I don't mean to offend anyone but I didn't impressed by Episode 7 at all.

I don't know what I should feel about the reveal but I feel that this game shouldn't be head this way of events.

You can ask me ''What did you expect? This is author's story'' and etc. And you are right to some degree.

But man, I am kind of dissapointed after all those memories, feelings, immersion, thinking that ''Adult games can be much more and this is an example''.

Like I said: I don't know how to explain this feeling but I simply don't care what is going to happen. It could be anything in the end(Final Episode) but this episode didn't do any affect to win me back after the Episode 6's -to me- dissapointing ending.

Dev had something unique and unfortunately he couldn't bring it to final with that uniqueness.

I don't know if anybody else feels like me, I didn't read the pages before.
There are others that were disappointed as well. Just keep in mind that disappointment is a result of your own expectations and not something the developer has promised and didn't deliver. You hoped or expected something and didn't get it. If you go along like a roller coaster ride that you can not control, then your disappointment will disappear. I'll admit that this update did not have some of the things I was hoping for either. But rather than saying this update is not up to par, I evaluated what I was disappointed with and came to the conclusion that it was my expectations rather than any poor actions on the developer's part. Dr PinkCake has an excellent story. His renders are very, very good. And, he updates so much faster than most developers here that leave us hanging for months in between updates. Just think of it as movie or a book that we have very little control over as Dr PinkCake has a certain narrative he wants to tell.

Deleted member 795684

Aug 2, 2018
There are others that were disappointed as well. Just keep in mind that disappointment is a result of your own expectations and not something the developer has promised and didn't deliver. You hoped or expected something and didn't get it. If you go along like a roller coaster ride that you can not control, then your disappointment will disappear. I'll admit that this update did not have some of the things I was hoping for either. But rather than saying this update is not up to par, I evaluated what I was disappointed with and came to the conclusion that it was my expectations rather than any poor actions on the developer's part. Dr PinkCake has an excellent story. His renders are very, very good. And, he updates so much faster than most developers here that leave us hanging for months in between updates. Just think of it as movie or a book that we have very little control over as Dr PinkCake has a certain narrative he wants to tell.
He still can tell his story but I think he dropped the ball with end of episode 6 and couldn't pick it up back with this episode as well.

It is not just about his story that my dissapointment came from it is also felt cheap. I know he put so much effort and he is a hardworking dev. But I can't praise him if the end product(in this case episode 7) is not good.

Revelations, hospital scenes, 3-part story; none of them was as successfull as prior episodes and I can clearly see the decreasing in the quality of writing leve(in this case story progression). This game's most unique feature was the immersion level of the story but if the story can't take me in it and just shows me the things that I can not care enough, then there is a problem about it.

I think it shouldn't had change that drastically. That is the biggest problem about the story progression. When you change things this drastically then you usually pushing people out of it even if it is not your intent.

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
He still can tell his story but I think he dropped the ball with end of episode 6 and couldn't pick it up back with this episode as well.

It is not just about his story that my dissapointment came from it is also felt cheap. I know he put so much effort and he is a hardworking dev. But I can't praise him if the end product(in this case episode 7) is not good.

Revelations, hospital scenes, 3-part story; none of them was as successfull as prior episodes and I can clearly see the decreasing in the quality of writing leve(in this case story progression). This game's most unique feature was the immersion level of the story but if the story can't take me in it and show me the things that I can not care enough, then there is a problem about it.
Perhaps you can take solace in the notion that all of your past decisions will come into fruition with the final episode. At least that's what's been announced. All we can do until it drops is theorize about what might be involved to possibly make that happen.

Deleted member 795684

Aug 2, 2018
Perhaps you can take solace in the notion that all of your past decisions will come into fruition with the final episode. At least that's what's been announced. All we can do until it drops is theorize about what might be involved to possibly make that happen.
I hope final episode give a relief to people who thinks like me and at least close the story with something good(not literally good but as a satisfaction).

Reactions: Enyos

cdcdcd171

Feb 14, 2018
OK guys I´m not brave enough to start Ep.7 without a spoiler. In fact I couldn´t even finish Ep.6. I just saw the two girls lying there and hit Esc. My plan was to pretend the game ended with the happy scene on the sofa, but now I have to admit I´m curios. So my question is: Does the cliffhanger get resolved in a meaningful way without me actually choosing? Do I have the choice not to choose? As in "get both or die trying" (that is what my natural reaction would be)
Thanks

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes