Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
Its

It's a lazy cope out, and after I gave him so much praise. But yes there definitely should've been an alt choice.
Yea I was really liking the Vn since it was being romantic and positive, unlike so many others. Then the drama hammer, sorry drama sledge hammer came along and kind of killed my fun.
I can understand him wanting to emulate his reality but my reality is similar but that is why i came to get away from that. If I want see reality it is in the other room, my father is slowly dieing and taking him to chemo and all the other docs is depressing and I cant be depressed, for him and the rest of the family.
Needless to say I am enjoying the VN but wish it was not so depressing now.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Sure, and George R. R. should have let us keep Ned Stark alive...and Han Solo shouldn't have been cut in half...and ET shouldn't have phoned home...and...

Creators make their choices. They don't "have to" do anything other than satisfy their own creative muses. Sometimes that makes people happy. Sometimes, that makes people complain. Neither emotion changes the dynamic that the characters were created by and for the writer/artist/developer.

May 8, 2018
Sure, and George R. R. should have let us keep Ned Stark alive...and Han Solo shouldn't have been cut in half...and ET shouldn't have phoned home...and...

Creators make their choices. They don't "have to" do anything other than satisfy their own creative muses. Sometimes that makes people happy. Sometimes, that makes people complain. Neither emotion changes the dynamic that the characters were created by and for the writer/artist/developer.
I'm not saying he must do that, it is after all his VN, his story, his choices and right to do whatever he wants to do with it, BUT, making an alternate ending will satisfy all players. We will see how game normally ends, and one alternate ending won't change his story, it will make all players satisfied and not leave majority with mixed feelings (angry, sad,...).

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018

Ok be silly. Ned Stark died in the beginning for a setup to the world. As well as a big name to get the series some recognition. Han solo died because H. Ford didnt want the character anymore and asked them to get him out.. so they did a dramatic kill. Killing someone for dramatic affect has its place in writing. I am just thinking he may "may" have gone to far for most peoples taste.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Nope, Not for "most" people's tastes. As I read this (pirate) forum, it seems to be less than two dozen of the same people talking to each other how much they wish the game had stayed light and fluffy. I get it, but there are dozens of them out there that do that. What's wrong with a game or two that don't feel the need to service the warm and fuzzy all the way through?

The characters are engaging and enjoyable, which certainly makes their loss more poignant, but still doesn't require "alternate" endings to please a small minority of posters.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Nope, Not for "most" people's tastes. As I read this (pirate) forum, it seems to be less than two dozen of the same people talking to each other how much they wish the game had stayed light and fluffy. I get it, but there are dozens of them out there that do that. What's wrong with a game or two that don't feel the need to service the warm and fuzzy all the way through?

The characters are engaging and enjoyable, which certainly makes their loss more poignant, but still doesn't require "alternate" endings to please a small minority of posters.
Hmm, can't say I agree with you there. Most people that commented here seemed to dislike the turn from "semi-fluffy" to psycho, while those who expressed their appreciation were definitely in minority. Granted, I am too lazy to get back and recount all the "votes", so if someone has too much time on his/her hands, he/she is welcome to do so. It is also true, that negative feedback is usually louder than the positive but I'm still pretty sure that most people disliked the sudden transition of events toward despair town.

The author of course has all the right to write the story as he wishes, however the whole change was in my humble opinion way too unexpected and sudden. It was like going out on a first date to amusement park with your childhood sweetheart and waking up among dismembered kids with your kidneys missing and dick torn off, especially if what I suspect will happen in the next update actually comes true...

May 8, 2018

I will not comment forum. About a game, we don't want him to change anything, just to add one thing. Now, about a number of players, well I don't think that you have seen number of sad, angry, disappointing,... comments here after the end of the episode 6. They eventually stopped because they have thought that something will happen (firefighter render) and they both will survive. Eventually, their feelings for game became cold and that's why now they don't comment any more. Personally, I loved game, till episode 6. Now, idgaf for her. Just waiting to finish what I have started*, and I wont play any game from this dev, no matter how the good game became. Or, if by any chance I come to play, then I will not care if they all die in some shitty situation.
*When I start something I don't give up untill I finish that.

Reactions: Zer0Z0neR
May 8, 2018
DrPinkcake wrote the story completely before he uploaded the first episode.As has been stated numerous times on this thread - the story is a thriller - maybe that should have been made clearer in the games description
Exactly, he should put in tags tragedy or something to warn players, not to lure them to play and made them feel like shit later when shit happens.

Reactions: Zer0Z0neR

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
DrPinkcake wrote the story completely before he uploaded the first episode.As has been stated numerous times on this thread - the story is a thriller - maybe that should have been made clearer in the games description - DrPinkcake explains his reasons for not doing this in the Q&A above.
Hmm, might I ask which Q&A you have in mind, since I could never understand that decision and I'd truly like to see authors reasons for it?
Basically my main complaint regarding this game was that the player gets completely different experience that he went in for, which could be easily avoided by tiny forewarning in description...

sasageo

May 8, 2017
Why? Just why?! It is freaking sick to do it this way. You create an "every man's fantasy" just to ruin it into "every alive being's nightmare. Having Liam in a state about to die was already too much....This is HAS to have happy ending, it has to have a plot twist which will deny the last episode. This one is one of the best games i ve played....it's a pitty to turn out this way

4.60 star(s) 807 Votes