Floga

Jun 30, 2018
I don't know why people need to fill this thread with negativity. Don't like the game? Hit the unwatch button and leave. There's no point in y'all staying in this thread just to fill it with toxic comments and desperately trying to prove to others that the game is shit. You are entitled to your opinions, yes. But not forcing that opinion onto others. Honestly, the last 40 or so pages on this thread has been people bashing this game, and people defending it. And then someone new comes and bashes it again and it all starts over again. There'll always be people who like it and who won't. So if you aren't gonna play the game anymore, I don't see any point in your trying just to convince people that the game isn't good. I want to voice my personal opinion on the game, but I'm afraid where it'll all start again so I'll just leave it at this.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Be brave, Floga! Tell people you feel burned. Don't fear a flame war! Sure, people get hot, but that shouldn't stop you from firing off a post. It's not like there's any more gas that can be poured here that hasn't already. I'm sure whatever you have to say won't burn the house down any further.

I flick a lighter at you in respect!

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
Be brave, Floga! Tell people you feel burned. Don't fear a flame war! Sure, people get hot, but that shouldn't stop you from firing off a post. It's not like there's any more gas that can be poured here that hasn't already. I'm sure whatever you have to say won't burn the house down any further.

I flick a lighter at you in respect!
Ahh I can't handle all those puns :ROFLMAO:
I do feel a little stung though. And a little numb maybe? It's like I'm being paralysed. But I do feel firing off is a bit.. needle-ss?
Okay I'll stop :p
For real though, I wasn't that bothered with THE choice. Melissa was my no.1 from the beginning. Sure it was beautiful to see 3 people in love like that, but when the choice actually came, it wasn't a choice at all to me. I'm still intrigued by the storyline and I'm very curious about how Doc will end the game. I think what helped is I broke the immersion and started looking from 3rd point perspective. Like how you'd watch a movie or a show. So my reaction was pretty like what happened at the Red Wedding or something like that. It's like "What the fuck is happening?" You're depressed for awhile but then you want to find what happens next.
Also I feel like 80% of the people hate the game are a bunch of hypocrites. They're the ones that said "This game is forcing Megan on me. I don't like it." or "How can I have relationship with only Melissa? Megan is too bland." in the EP.1-5, and then went on to complain about the choice. Like what do you have to complain about? You didn't like her in the first place! That or they are the horny lots mad at missing a threesome.
The same lot that say "The writing was exceptional for the first 5 episodes and then it went rubbish." just because it didn't go the way they wanted it to go. There, I just lit the fuse. Now, lemme grab some popcorn.

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
Well I guess I'll throw my opinion in here again. I just want to say upfront i'm not trying to atagonize anyone that thinks differently than me and I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion. This is just my thoughts and opinions.

I loved this game for 5 updates. Not so much anymore. Please don't tell me I should quit playing the game and leave the forum because I don't think it's the greatest game ever.

I don't enjoy overanalyzing my feelings on books and movies. I usually just say I liked it or I didn't and leave it at that. I love Melissa so the choice wasn't a choice for me. I don't really care that Megan dies and I sure don't think the dev should change anything to accommodate my feelings. I don't enjoy thrillers or drama that much in general. Sometimes I do but this isn't one of those times. I guess update seven is where it jumped the shark for me. For six updates we live the MC's life linearly then all of a sudden we jump forward for whatever reason then we flashback so the update can end on the cliffhanger. Flashbacks are fine but jumping forward so you can flashback just feels bad. It took me completely out of the story and I stopped enjoying it. I still want to see it finished cause I spent so much time with these characters but I just don't feel the dev deserves any more praise. Maybe he will turn it around. I hope so.

Reactions: Floga

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
Since everyone else is voicing their opinion I think I'll voice mine. I believe I posted before that I really enjoyed the game up until that choice. The game was really great and I am not going to knock anyone for enjoying it after that point either. For me, it was too hard of a choice to make and I couldn't bring myself to go past that point. Personally, I would really love if the developer did make an update later on that would allow some sort of choice that would allow you to save both girls, but it is their work and their choice. I did not like or appreciate all the choices made leading up to that point just to have all choices not matter one bit at that point. But again, the developers story, their choice. It was still a great game up to that point so if I were to rate it I would probably give it four stars.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
You are entitled to your opinions, yes. But not forcing that opinion onto others. Honestly, the last 40 or so pages on this thread has been people bashing this game, and people defending it. And then someone new comes and bashes it again and it all starts over again. There'll always be people who like it and who won't. So if you aren't gonna play the game anymore, I don't see any point in your trying just to convince people that the game isn't good. I want to voice my personal opinion on the game, but I'm afraid where it'll all start again so I'll just leave it at this.
Also I feel like 80% of the people hate the game are a bunch of hypocrites. They're the ones that said "This game is forcing Megan on me. I don't like it." or "How can I have relationship with only Melissa? Megan is too bland." in the EP.1-5, and then went on to complain about the choice. Like what do you have to complain about? You didn't like her in the first place! That or they are the horny lots mad at missing a threesome.
The same lot that say "The writing was exceptional for the first 5 episodes and then it went rubbish." just because it didn't go the way they wanted it to go. There, I just lit the fuse. Now, lemme grab some popcorn.
Everyone is free to voice their opinions and provide constructive feedback but dropping a into a firestorm is just absolutely f****** ridiculous. You're right that no one should force their opinions on each other (Another topic for another time) but no one should attack anyone/instigate another flame war especially considering what's happened in the past few pages. I've certainly been an unwitting culprit in the past and this doesn't make me a saint either.

I've said this numerous times and I'll say this again, I thought we all agreed that we'd all agreed to disagree?

Towik

Nov 20, 2018
I have cried for like 45 minutes after getting to the point of choosing one over the other...but i kept playing. I understand why people are put off by the creator's choice. I completely understand, since life is life. I have lived 14 years with a Psycho father, that abused us and told us that he loved us, raped my Mother in front of me... I usually don't say the rape part but this is important to convey my point... It's a life story that could easy happen
I do believe in Creator's choice to do a story that s/he did, it does feel like some of you just wants to censor his/hers choice of doing such a story. I don't know if its just too much to see or you simply cannot stand to see life being life and trying to cut you down most of the time...
I'm gonna end here, I wanted to type more but in short I prefer to support a creation, even if it does hit close (...)

tehcatsmiaw

Jul 2, 2017
I feel like I need popcorn when I read this thread and A Wife and Mother's one. More entertaining that the last season of The Walking Dead.

Reactions: VDawe

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
Everyone is free to voice their opinions and provide constructive feedback but dropping a into a firestorm is just absolutely f****** ridiculous. You're right that no one should force their opinions on each other (Another topic for another time) but no one should attack anyone/instigate another flame war especially considering what's happened in the past few pages. I've certainly been an unwitting culprit in the past and this doesn't make me a saint either.

I've said this numerous times and I'll say this again, I thought we all agreed that we'd all agreed to disagree?
Yes we did. I'm all for agreeing to disagree. I respect people's opinions like the above post of @Vainglorious. But what about those who don't agree to disagree? The ones that post repeatedly that the game is shit, long after they stopped playing it, even after we decided to respect each other's view points. My post was for them. I agree I shouldn't have taken the bait. I'm sorry if I made matters worse.
Please don't tell me I should quit playing the game and leave the forum because I don't think it's the greatest game ever.
Also I never meant that. I just meant people who have stopped playing the game should unwatch the thread instead of making matters worse. If you got that from me, I apologize.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I have cried for like 45 minutes after getting to the point of choosing one over the other...but i kept playing. I understand why people are put off by the creator's choice. I completely understand, since life is life. I have lived 14 years with a Psycho father, that abused us and told us that he loved us, raped my Mother in front of me... I usually don't say the rape part but this is important to convey my point... It's a life story that could easy happen
I do believe in Creator's choice to do a story that s/he did, it does feel like some of you just wants to censor his/hers choice of doing such a story. I don't know if its just too much to see or you simply cannot stand to see life being life and trying to cut you down most of the time...
I'm gonna end here, I wanted to type more but in short I prefer to support a creation, even if it does hit close (...)
I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. Words can't speak enough to the hurt that you should have never received nor ever deserve.

There are those who love the game because of the rollercoaster ride and nuances and there are those who don't like this because the story is not realistic, the over-dramatic use of melodrama and inconsistency in tone between chapters but there's not many that want to censor the choice. It's whether you're supportive of the developer's choice or whether he should have reconsidered before releasing the last few updates.

Despite that, thank you for being brave and strong enough to type something that's caused personal hurt and one that you relate to. Hope you continue to be strong and just in case it's not said enough, hope you can take as much time as you need. Keep fighting on :)

Yes we did. I'm all for agreeing to disagree. I respect people's opinions like the above post of @Vainglorious. But what about those who don't agree to disagree? The ones that post repeatedly that the game is shit, long after they stopped playing it, even after we decided to respect each other's view points. My post was for them. I agree I shouldn't have taken the bait. I'm sorry if I made matters worse.

Also I never meant that. I just meant people who have stopped playing the game should unwatch the thread instead of making matters worse. If you got that from me, I apologize.
Appreciate that you're apologetic and that's not that common round here so kudos to you on that :) As you've rightly said there are some who like to make a point and continue harking on that point. I know you meant well but instigating isn't the solution either. There's a reason why many have left this thread and encouraging that behaviour isn't the answer.

On those who continue to insist their points, we all understand that your views may differ to others but flogging a dead horse isn't going to win you any brownie points. Nor is it that your points are invalid, but should be phrased much more constructively and you'll come to realise why we've all agreed to disagree.

Does that help in some way?

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
Yeah. I was basically annoyed by the whole repititive cycle of posts on this thread, so I wanted to make a point. Maybe I should have been a little softer conveying my thoughts. I'll keep that in mind in the future. Peace.

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
I definitely did not feel that from you. It's just a trend I see a lot on these forums. "Oh you don't like this game as much as me. GTFO! Stay off our forum if you don't agree." Just some overzealous individuals on here and I was just trying to preemptively cut off that kind of response to my post. :)

Mender2006

Dec 1, 2017
Is it my imagination or Our Fate Acting Lessons and Retrieving The Past are mixed up together or at least MC's.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
AL and RtP worked a little combo together and then RtP and OF worked a smaller one. There is no three-prong deal, though and, as far as I understand it, both collaborations are ended.

Reactions: Enyos

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

This feeling is indescribable. Today I release a complete game.
I know I said 14 December, but you know me...I've never been able to wait for the dates I've announced. Thank the beta testers and proofreader for this.
This is a labor of love. I've worked many thousands of hours to complete this.
It's been such a fun journey with a lot of ups and downs, but this is it, the final release of Acting Lessons.
This game contains:
>5000 renders
217 animations
61 songs
30 sound effects
Those numbers baffle me...
The last render I did was of Liam; the character I love the most in this game. After it was done, I felt empty.
It dawned on me that this was really it. Sure, I can't wait to start the next adventure, but it still doesn't make this feel any different.

For 8.5 months this has been my life. Acting Lessons has been on my mind every single day since April.
It will take some time to get used to not writing dialogue for the cast; it feels like a part of me just died.
But I'm not sad, because I'm damned proud of what I have achieved.

The biggest feeling, though, is how thankful I am. I'm thankful for your generous support.
I'm not exaggerating when saying that this wouldn't have been possible without you, my patrons, because it wouldn't.
This hobby is so expensive that it's a miracle some developers can do this full-time.
So, thank you all. Really. THANK YOU! You helped me achieve a dream and motivated me to continue as a developer.

Now, Episode 8, and thus the complete game, is about to be released. Yes. Today.
If there ever was a time to download the full version with Extras, not the crunched version or the normal version, this would be it.
You will only get one chance to play it for the first time.
Do me a favor and just enjoy it slowly. Grab something nice to drink and seclude yourself.
Play the game with the music on, which has been carefully selected and just enjoy.
Now I'm going to open a bottle of Champagne, I know it's Monday but fuck it, and press that upload button one final time for Acting Lessons.
Cheers (literally)
Dr PinkCake

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes