baku.k

Mar 8, 2018
Oh hell no..no no no, tears, go away, I don't want you...*sigh*, fine, ain't the first time when playing the story but, I finally reached the ending I always hoped for!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Absolutely the ending I was playing for since the beginning, that's the dream! <3

So happyyyyy! <3

Just a question : who's with Liam ??? (In the second spoiler)

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Oh ok ... Why correct path ?? :) But good to see.
Correct path because it doesnt scream "forced" Rena and Liam did not like each other from the very begining, and the whole opposites attract is BS when its based on shallow traits rather than deep values...

The reason Rena in some people's game ends with Liam is because she is the third most popular girl, so they toss her to the "best friend". It screams forced to me at best, and at worst like the dev might have some degree of liking to either NTR or cuckhold... The scene justifying Ana for example is just plain irrational and supports the latter a bit...

Reactions: ShikkokunoSharnoth

Roido

Jul 29, 2018
Oh hell no..no no no, tears, go away, I don't want you...*sigh*, fine, ain't the first time when playing the story but, I finally reached the ending I always hoped for!

Absolutely the ending I was playing for since the beginning, that's the dream! <3

So happyyyyy! <3

Does Melissa
I read somewhere that

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
The dev stated some of the occurrences in the game had reflections from his real life experiences, but the story itself is just a work of creative fiction.
Based on all the uplifting self-validation comments throughout - chemistry comments - the nice comments at the hill about life not being just a dance on roses and you have to move on, and the underlying theme of how the failed marriage and spineless breakup w/ Ana is the catalyst for everything....

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this project was a big cathartic and therapeutic effort by writer (or loved one of writer) as a creative outlet for dealing with some personal tragedy. Its quite common in fact for some creative piece be made for just such a reason. Think of song Tears in Heaven by Clapton for instance. Written to help him cope and move on after the tragic death of his son.

Its possible I'm overthinking all of this and it's all just a story. But there was a lot of "healing" in that final chapter that gives me the impression it was very personal. Regardless - it was an amazing story and experience. Glad that I got to experience it in this format.

coquettishtir

Jul 28, 2017
I've just now played through this and I'm of two minds. Up until the last chapter, it was great. I think the strongest suit about this game is it's character development. Now, it's not perfect mind you, but it is very well done compared to a lot of other games. I genuinely was interested in most characters; Liam especially, he's fantastic and I empathize with his story.

Now....the last chapter. I understand the opinion of people not thinking it's realistic given the beginning situation with Megan. With how fast everything moved. But I see it as a fantasy situation grounded in reality. The situation is a fantasy itself in some cases, but it plays out somewhat realistically in terms of human reactions, etc. etc. But this last chapter is kinda "out there". I get it, there's psychotic stalkers out there but given everything else that's happened it's kind of weird in my opinion to tack on some crazy behind-the-scenes villain-esque character that's been there since the beginning. To me, it feels like a bad M. Night Shyamalan movie (from a decade ago, everything between The Village up to The Visit, that was a bad Shyamalan era haha) trying to make an interesting twist that....didn't actually add anything meaningful to the story.

I felt like, as the main character playing, everything that I worked towards in the various relationships was just kind of dashed in this chapter. One thing I hate in stories is the Amnesia plot device, where everything is basically restarted. Where the before didn't really even matter (unless that's the beginning of the story, then whatever). This isn't that, but it's close to that feeling. Everything's been flipped on it's head. The relationship between the character and, in my case I chose Megan, felt fragile. I'm not the story writer for this game, so I can't see into their mind. But as a player, it's really hard to see where this story goes that feels meaningful and doesn't hinder the progress made throughout the last few chapters.

Just my opinion, looking forward to see how this plays out.

Reactions: Vainglorious

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
Oh well, it's finaly over.

I don't really get why you would now show the MC face after hiding it before, wasting chances in earlier episodes for more "artistic" renders/animations as well as killing the "immersion" for those who value it.

I have seen four of the endings now, from my saves and that will probably be all for me. But just for my curiosity is there an ending where you get back together with Ann or end up with Lea?
The bit about the MC face - that was discussed on his Patreon page. It was a common voted on opinion by subscribers that wanted to see more 3rd person views of MC including face vs just POV.

As for ending up with Ana and/or Leah

baku.k

Mar 8, 2018
Based on all the uplifting self-validation comments throughout - chemistry comments - the nice comments at the hill about life not being just a dance on roses and you have to move on, and the underlying theme of how the failed marriage and spineless breakup w/ Ana is the catalyst for everything....

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this project was a big cathartic and therapeutic effort by writer (or loved one of writer) as a creative outlet for dealing with some personal tragedy. Its quite common in fact for some creative piece be made for just such a reason. Think of song Tears in Heaven by Clapton for instance. Written to help him cope and move on after the tragic death of his son.

Its possible I'm overthinking all of this and it's all just a story. But there was a lot of "healing" in that final chapter that gives me the impression it was very personal. Regardless - it was an amazing story and experience. Glad that I got to experience it in this format.
As he said, some experiences are seemly personal (Liam has a cancer like his father, As I understand), so yes, for me, it's part of a therapy for the dev, or, may be it's not intentional, but should have the same effect (or nearly same).
But by the way, regarding emotion, I was touched by this story. That the point !! Great game at the end. And I'd loved my ending

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Does Melissa
I read somewhere that
I only played the best outcome with Melissa, she was always my favorite so that was what mattered to me the most, I'll play other routes later :p

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
Correct path because it doesnt scream "forced" Rena and Liam did not like each other from the very begining, and the whole opposites attract is BS when its based on shallow traits rather than deep values...

The reason Rena in some people's game ends with Liam is because she is the third most popular girl, so they toss her to the "best friend". It screams forced to me at best, and at worst like the dev might have some degree of liking to either NTR or cuckhold... The scene justifying Ana for example is just plain irrational and supports the latter a bit...
okay i hear ya here.

I don't agree that it's NTR or cuckold if you're on a path of love and loyalty to M or M and you're purposefully not pursuing Rena. If Liam winds up with a very good strong and beautiful character Rena which obviously he bonds with (in the car scene back from the camping trip, and later at his apartment when she invites the gang to the concert) and simultaneously her strong enduring personality is what it takes to be there for him the whole way - AND saves her from douchebag Dick - I don't feel that's forced at all.

If you did pursue Rena and in the end chose to give Liam sloppy seconds...yeah I could see your point.

The scene w/ Ana - can't argue your concern. People get cheated on - it's an unfortunate fact of life. The fact that Ana used that as a means to try to spark her relationship with MC is an important catalyst for the story in this case.

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
Great, that means I don't have to replay it.
Great.

FYI - I put my response in a spoiler to be mindful of others who may not know this or wanted to know. You posted/quoted me without using a spoiler which kinda defeated the purpose. Please try to be mindful of that in the future.

Reactions: Eerie Entity
4.60 star(s) 805 Votes